Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo tab 4 8 plus €119

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,122 ✭✭✭✭blade1

ionapaul wrote: »
    Are you sure they have your money, and it isn't just a block on your account?

I ordered this quite early on and everything went through fine, no email cancelling things, but the money (I used a credit card) hasn't been taken.

Money gone from my bank account.

They already have my money. How can it be deemed to have not been accepted when it's in their bank account? :confused:

I have been in this situation a couple of times before.
    Trust me,they can and possibly will cancel the order if it was a genuine mistake.
    The one way they may honour the deal would be as a gesture of goodwill.
    We are still not sure if it was a mistake though are we?

One good sign is they haven't cancelled anyone's orders yet as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

RossieMan wrote: »
    i assume this is some sort of a troll? please?

Not sure what you are on about there. I submitted my CC details, their payment process completed and I got an order confirmation. I can't see my CC transactions online so i can't confirm 100% that they have taken payment but I don't recall seeing any message indicating their payment process did anything other than take payment.

Regardless of the above their T&C's are as I suspected and referenced above written in such a manner that they define acceptance of your order as the moment they actually dispatch what you ordered, see clause 2.5 in https://www.findmyorder.com/store/defaults/en_IE/DisplayDRTermsAndConditionsPage/eCommerceProvider.Digital+River+Ireland+Ltd./Env.DESIGN

They clearly therefore have the right to decline the orders we all placed if they want to claim they mis-priced the tablet. I guess it'll depend how many orders were placed and what the financial loss would be Vs some egg on their face for admitting their error.

Toss of a coin I guess.

Just as well it wasn't "needed" so if the order is cancelled I might still be able to go see Taylor Swift in Croke Park ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

blade1 wrote: »
    Nah,i don't think so,if they are like other companies,its only when item is shipped is when your offer of money for their goods deemed accepted.

They already have my money. How can it be deemed to have not been accepted when it's in their bank account? :confused:

They don't. Your bank has just put it aside for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Jesus I thought you were joking. They haven't taken your money. Google invitation to treat. Your contract law isn't great without it.

• Advertisement

Money gone from my bank account.

Pending?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Got a shipped email just now, so check your inboxes

Jesus I thought you were joking. They haven't taken your money. Google invitation to treat. Your contract law isn't great without it.

Meant showing my balance is down.
    If I wanted to spend that money I couldn't so as good as gone for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

RiseToMe wrote: »

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

Me too and i ordered two of them. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

I ordered at 9:10 on the 7th but no shipping confirmation :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Jesus I thought you were joking. They haven't taken your money.

How do you know they haven't taken my money? I don't even know that. All I know is they asked for my CC details and "processed" payment successfully.
    Google invitation to treat. Your contract law isn't great without it.

I don't need to but I think you do. Invitation to treat basically means they are not obliged to honour a price they have labelled a product as being available for. Counter intuitively retail stores don't offer to sell you something which you then accept, it's actually the other way round. You offer to buy something at the indicated price and they can either accept or reject your offer. In most transactions your offer to buy is accepted and you pay the agreed consideration thus you have a contract. Online, and per Lenovo's T&C's they only accept your offer at the moment of dispatch so are free to reject your offer to buy up to that point.

Although we've all received Order Confirmations that doesn't equate to them accepting your offer to buy. It just means they are confirming they've received your offer to buy.

If they dispatch the product they've accepted your offer to buy and keep the money they've taken from your CC/bank account/PayPal, if they decide the product was mis priced and don't want to sell it to you at the price you've offered to buy it at they refund you the money they took.

QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BLUEYK

JSJ, think everyone at this stage that follows BA knows any online company will have t&cs that allows them to get out of possible mis prices. If an item is dispatched we are on the gravy train.

But there is always one poster every time a good bargain comes up citing law etc, that was the previous posters reference to a troll post.

But if your failing to grasp that, fair play to your explanation and QED if it makes you feel good.

To the original poster, thanks, I ordered one, fingers crossed now for my dispatched email.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭scudodave

Ordered late about 8 pm,only available in white at that time.
    Received shipping e-mail this morning at 01.57.

I bought a Lenovo tablet from them a couple of years ago so probably in their database.

Hopefully everyone receives their order.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Hi,
    I posted the deal and have not received the shipping email?:eek:
    Rang Lenovo and asked when would it ship?
    Rep said warehouse had received my order and would ship tomorrow or Friday.
    said that there was plenty of stock in their UK warehouse. Looking good..

Hi,

A Jaysis, don't go drawing attention to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Blargh

Mine has shipped kinda regret not buying 2 lol

Yeah,he could have said nothing at all and none of us would have known about the deal.
    That would be better wouldn't it?

waiting on that mail like 😪

• Advertisement

Yeah,he could have said nothing at all and none of us would have known about the deal.
    That would be better wouldn't it?

Why so serious? I was only joking.

It's an unwritten rule of BA that you don't do anything to tip off the retailer when there is a possibility of a pricing error. :pac:

Why so serious? I was only joking.

It's an unwritten rule of BA that you don't do anything to tip off the retailer when there is a possibility of a pricing error. :pac:

Ah I'm only messing with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Hi,

I rang them there too to ask how long I’d be waiting as it’s in backorder. He said he needs to speak to the warehouse to find out what the problem is.
    Said he’ll have an answer by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭NTC

NTC wrote: »

Me too and i ordered two of them. Happy days.
    Just got my "VAT Invoice". The tracking number is not showing any details yet, hopefully by tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

got my shipping mail at 01:57 am , UPS shipping link isn't active yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Raging I missed this
    Anyone that doesnt want theres i will take it for your hands

billbond4 wrote: »
    Raging I missed this
    Anyone that doesnt want theres i will take it for your hands

How much?:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

130 :-)

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    I rang them there too to ask how long I’d be waiting as it’s in backorder. He said he needs to speak to the warehouse to find out what the problem is.
    Said he’ll have an answer by tomorrow.

FFS. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Ah I'm only messing with ya.

We're all a bit on edge until we get our bargain.. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement