Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo tab 4 8 plus €119

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spott

Thanks OP. Was going to be buying the Amazon Fire 8 soon but this is a much better tablet! Hopefully it comes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Just got this.......

Thank you for ordering on Lenovo. Unfortunately, one or more of the products you ordered is currently out of stock and could not be shipped. The product(s) has been placed on backorder and will be shipped as soon as stock becomes available. You will receive another email notification when your order has actually shipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

That sucks. Hopefully it won't be long and you'll get it.
    Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Just got this.......

Thank you for ordering on Lenovo. Unfortunately, one or more of the products you ordered is currently out of stock and could not be shipped. The product(s) has been placed on backorder and will be shipped as soon as stock becomes available. You will receive another email notification when your order has actually shipped.

Boradriver wrote: »
    That sucks. Hopefully it won't be long and you'll get it.

If it’s more that a few weeks they can F off. How can they take the order when they don’t have stock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    The amount of people here by their own admission bought it without even needing it, how is that a bargain buying something that you didn't even need. It was too good to pass up etc lol

Its a tablet, who needs a tablet? A phone can do everything it can do.

120 brings it into disposable cash area..

• Advertisement

You have to bear in mind the amount of orders that potentially went through yesterday, no doubt due to the activity here. The site wouldn't necessarily been able to keep the remaining stock count up to date with the volume of orders coming in.
    If it’s more that a few weeks they can F off. How can they take the order when they don’t have stock?

Order still in process. No change from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Peatys wrote: »

You have an 8" screen phone?

I've a top end phone which can do everything a tablet can do and more (make calls, use WhatsApp etc) but when travelling for a few days I prefer to bring a tablet for primarily two reasons:-

1. I can keep on top of work via an 8" screen and Bluetooth keyboard whereas a 5.5" phone screen just doesn't have enough real estate to use productively for responding to emails, reviewing documents, spreadsheets and presentations etc.

2. I can load up the tablet with TV Series and Movies (downloading from Netflix is a great option) and watch comfortably on a large(er) screen than my phone which also means my phone doesn't get too cluttered with content.

It's €120.

A pitch side ticket to see Taylor Swift in Croke Park next month is €144 + booking fees.

All be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

august12 wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, you have 119 euro extra in your account, did you really need this, most people have really good mobiles now, I never use my iPad which is about 6 or 7 years old at this stage, like you, i added this to cart and then asked myself, 'why am I buying this', it's only a bargain if you need it. Will use the 119 euro to buy something I need and will use.

I actually was in the market for a tablet to replace my ancient Nexus 7 which is pretty much just a book end at this stage. €119 would have been an absolute steal for a tablet with those specs, assuming the transactions go through of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

Shades of the HP touchpad, this thread is.

• Advertisement

Phat Cat wrote: »
    I actually was in the market for a tablet to replace my ancient Nexus 7 which is pretty much just a book end at this stage. €119 would have been an absolute steal for a tablet with those specs, assuming the transactions go through of course.

EXACTLY my situation. It was a serious device but at 5 years old its showing its age speed and capacity wise and the battery is fading. I actually used mine away travelling last weekend and when I saw this deal I jumped in straight away.

Fingers crossed it arrives.

emo72 wrote: »

Had that bad boy too!! Think it was reduced from $499 to just $99 after about a week on the market once HP realised they were never ever going to be able to take on the iPad.

What a bit of kit once you got Android up and running on it. The wireless charging stand made it a great device to have in a living room.

I finally ditched it last year but loved it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Well if it comes back up for 120 let us know. Seems like a good deal. Wish I had not missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

emo72 wrote: »

That was more fun. I had to jump in the car and drive about 10 miles to grab one and saw a few other punters that must have done the same in the queue. It was like a scavenger hunt. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Order still in process. No change from yesterday.

Mine says the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Mine says the same.
    Mines the same

Still at 'Order in Process' for me also. Anyone have an order that's moved to shipped yet? I guess not yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Peatys wrote:

Peatys wrote:

Cheap and ideal for traveling, and I don't have to worry about eating my phone's battery power.
    Pity I only saw this post in the early hours when it had already sold out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 spott

This is on the website: ''Offerings and Availability: All offers subject to availability. Offers, prices, specifications and availability may change without notice. Digital River will contact you and cancel your order if the product becomes unavailable or if there was a pricing or typographic error. Product offerings and specifications advertised on this website may be changed at any time and without notice.''

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Is this the spec of the one that was for 119 yesterday?
    Checked my confirmation email and no specs.

450250.jpg

Check your order on their webpage. The model number you should be getting is ZA2E0053GB

spott wrote: »
    This is on the website: ''Offerings and Availability: All offers subject to availability. Offers, prices, specifications and availability may change without notice. Digital River will contact you and cancel your order if the product becomes unavailable or if there was a pricing or typographic error. Product offerings and specifications advertised on this website may be changed at any time and without notice.''

Fingers in ears.. lalalala

superg wrote: »
    Check your order on their webpage. The model number you should be getting is ZA2E0053GB

Yeah, that's the one alright. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Yeah, that's the one alright. Cheers

I missed out on this.Hope ye all get the orders ye jammy feckers

spott wrote: »

Not wishing to derail the thread down a legal route but that statement does not include any provision to renege on a transaction they have issued a confirmation of acceptance to and I've an email from them confirming my order and accepting my payment.

Contract law 101 - Offer + Acceptance + Consideration = Binding Deal*

* Unless in the terms of sale (which I probably ticked a box for without reading like we all do all the time) it states that they have X days to cancel the contract and provide a refund without fault or reason. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Not wishing to derail the thread down a legal route but that statement does not include any provision to renege on a transaction they have issued a confirmation of acceptance to and I've an email from them confirming my order and accepting my payment.

Contract law 101 - Offer + Acceptance + Consideration = Binding Deal*

* Unless in the terms of sale (which I probably ticked a box for without reading like we all do all the time) it states that they have X days to cancel the contract and provide a refund without fault or reason. :(
    Nah,i don't think so,if they are like other companies,its only when item is shipped is when your offer of money for their goods deemed accepted.

blade1 wrote: »
    Nah,i don't think so,if they are like other companies,its only when item is shipped is when your offer of money for their goods deemed accepted.

They already have my money. How can it be deemed to have not been accepted when it's in their bank account? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They already have my money. How can it be deemed to have not been accepted when it's in their bank account? :confused:

i assume this is some sort of a troll? please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Are you sure they have your money, and it isn't just a block on your account?

I ordered this quite early on and everything went through fine, no email cancelling things, but the money (I used a credit card) hasn't been taken.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement