Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo tab 4 8 plus €119

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Tablets are back guys. Not as much of a whopper as last time at €120, it's down to €200 now. Just ordered mine, was kciking myself I missed it the first time around and for the sake of an extra €80 this time, I wasn't gonna miss it. Get it while it's hot. The black wifi is showing as only a few remaining right now. The white non-wifi is €150, with the wifi white €200 as the black one. All the plus models. Both white are showing as more than 10 in stock as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

"The white non-wifi is €150, with the wifi white €200 as the black one"

Wish I could afford one..just to clarify the weird naming convention. All models have WIFI, it seems the non WIFI one is 3GB/16GB, while the WIFI ones are 4GB/32GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Rocko

Is the €150 tab for sale now only 16gb?
    Was the €120 tab for sale a few weeks ago 64gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Rocko wrote: »
    Is the €150 tab for sale now only 16gb?
    Was the €120 tab for sale a few weeks ago 64gb?
    Yeah, was indeed.

gomara wrote: »
    "The white non-wifi is €150, with the wifi white €200 as the black one"

Wish I could afford one..just to clarify the weird naming convention. All models have WIFI, it seems the non WIFI one is 3GB/16GB, while the WIFI ones are 4GB/32GB.

Yeah just following what it says on the site. No idea why it's called that but said it was better to follow the name they're using. Got my confirmation email anyway so I'm sorted... I hope.

• Advertisement

I expect delivery maybe Wednesday. I've been shopping online for a case/cover. Best covers in shops locally I've seen are €20+. I can buy far superior ones WITH bluetooth keyboards from China for less than €10 POSTAGE INCLUDED. Lol that is absolutely mad. 'Rip-Off Ireland' indeed, never mind 'Republic of'!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

jaxxx wrote: »
    I expect delivery maybe Wednesday. I've been shopping online for a case/cover. Best covers in shops locally I've seen are €20+. I can buy far superior ones WITH bluetooth keyboards from China for less than €10 POSTAGE INCLUDED. Lol that is absolutely mad. 'Rip-Off Ireland' indeed, never mind 'Republic of'!!!!

Are they the generic 8" tablet covers or do they have close fitting hard shell backs with cut outs etc specific to the Tab 4 Plus?

I'd like a Bluetooth keyboard built into the cover of the case but I wouldn't give up the protection of a hard shell cover for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

It’s selling at 149e now - is that still a good price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Daz_ wrote: »
    It’s selling at 149e now - is that still a good price ?

€119 was for the 64gb version, now its €199.

€149 is for the 16gb version.

both are also out of stock.

https://www3.lenovo.com/ie/en/tablets/android-tablets/tab-4-series/Lenovo-TB-8704/p/ZZITZTATB18

scroll to bottom of link to compare.

Got email that it's been dispatched so I'm happy.... granted it's €80 more than it would have been had I seen this thread earlier originally, but I'm getting a €300 tablet for €200, one that is superior to the tablet that I would have gotten anyway for not that much more money. So yay moment for me right now!

High five anyone? No? Really, you're gonna leave me hanging here?? Ok I know it's nearly 4am but still! Thanks guys..... thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Monkeynut wrote: »
    €119 was for the 64gb version, now its €199.

€149 is for the 16gb version.

both are also out of stock.

https://www3.lenovo.com/ie/en/tablets/android-tablets/tab-4-series/Lenovo-TB-8704/p/ZZITZTATB18

scroll to bottom of link to compare.

Where are you seeing it at €200?

The one I bought is reading €300. And out of stock.

I'm selling my one as the wife doesn't want it.

PM if anyone wants it please.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

Tilikum17 wrote: »

Hi Can i have it pls Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

Tilikum17 wrote: »

Pm sent

What's the grace period of registering for warranty as I can't register mine as it's outside grace period apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Sent my Tab back a month ago as it had a faulty display. Talk about a nightmare over the last month trying to get it replaced. Finally got refunded today because it was out of stock. Didn't get an option to wait for it to be restocked but at least it's over with now, having got the refund. I really feel sorry for anyone having to deal with Lenovo customer service.

Anyway, I ordered a cover for the tablet (link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073VK83CX/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apap_agmvPW9F8oQIS) which I never used. It's a black one, will sell for €10 which is what I paid for it, less delivery.

Located in Limerick, PM away if anyone wants it. Collection only.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spott

Did anyone else get mails about this recently? I got a mail on the 7th July relating to my May order.

The email said :
    Dear XX,

Thank you very much for ordering from the Lenovo Online Store powered by Digital River.

Please find attached a copy of your VAT invoice for order reference number: 38834512462
    (If you have purchased multiple items you may receive further invoices once the items have shipped)

If you have any questions about your order please visit: www.findmyorder.com

Sincerely,
    Lenovo Store

I just checked my bank account and another 120 euro has been taken out recently.

spott wrote: »
    Did anyone else get mails about this recently? I got a mail on the 7th July relating to my May order.

The email said :
    Dear XX,

Thank you very much for ordering from the Lenovo Online Store powered by Digital River.

Please find attached a copy of your VAT invoice for order reference number: 38834512462
    (If you have purchased multiple items you may receive further invoices once the items have shipped)

If you have any questions about your order please visit: www.findmyorder.com

Sincerely,
    Lenovo Store

I just checked my bank account and another 120 euro has been taken out recently.

Nope, I got one of those emails at the time the Tab was shipped (May 10th) and haven't heard a dickie bird from them since.

Is the same order # quoted on both emails/invoices?

I guess all you can do is either call them (personally I wouldn't as you'll be transferred all over the place) or email them PDF copies of both emails and both invoices and as them why the duplication?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spott

Nope, I got one of those emails at the time the Tab was shipped (May 10th) and haven't heard a dickie bird from them since.

Is the same order # quoted on both emails/invoices?

I guess all you can do is either call them (personally I wouldn't as you'll be transferred all over the place) or email them PDF copies of both emails and both invoices and as them why the duplication?

I sent an email this morning asking what was happening. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

Nutser wrote: »
    Anyone having a problem logging intro wifi? My tablet will link to regular wifi with password no problem but if I'm in a hotel and require a connection and then a login, it doesn't ever prompt me about the login and I can't find a way around it. Any ideas?
    Also i can't seem to switch off haptic feedback.. it's driving me crazy!

Anyone know the answer to the log in issue here with wifi while on the road hotels etc I have the same problem

Zico ! wrote: »
    Anyone know the answer to the log in issue here with wifi while on the road hotels etc I have the same problem
    Actually that did happen me recently.. I managed to get the actual URL of the login screen it was attempting to open somehow and just opened it in my browser - awkward but it works.

• Advertisement

Zico ! wrote: »

If you open a browser it often loads the login page first.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nutser

Zico ! wrote:

I'm still having the problem but have googled and found in most hotels if you open a webpage and enter 168.192.1.1 it will take you to the hotel login page.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Nutser wrote: »
    I'm still having the problem but have googled and found in most hotels if you open a webpage and enter 168.192.1.1 it will take you to the hotel login page.

192.168.1.1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

If you come across this issue, try opening a command prompt (start-run-cmd) and there type ipconfig.
    This will show you your ip address as well as the default gateway.
    Usually that default gateway address would be the landing page for the signin.

Does sound like some antivirus program is preventing the website redirection to the landing page though, may want to just look into that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

phill106 wrote: »
    If you come across this issue, try opening a command prompt (start-run-cmd) and there type ipconfig.
    This will show you your ip address as well as the default gateway.
    Usually that default gateway address would be the landing page for the signin.

Does sound like some antivirus program is preventing the website redirection to the landing page though, may want to just look into that.

You won't do that on an Android tablet.

Just check the IP address you've been assigned by DHCP under network settings.

The default gateway will be the router address.

Typically it'll be the IP address you've been given but with .1 as last block.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nutser

Kenny Logins I may have got it the wrong way around 😳

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement