Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

African gang beat the sh*t out of two gardai with a baseball bat.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Why are the Guards so concerned/ worked up about it appearing on social media?
    Stuff appears on social media all day every day.
    An assault on the street of a Police officer is completely wrong and should be punished but a video of it online is no different than half the other junk that is online.
    Guards seem a bit precious about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

They are probably afraid that the hatred some members of the public have for black people in general and Nigerians in particular will be ignited and possible revenge attacks on people involved might be carried out.

It is not in the interests of the Gardai for too many details of people involved, however much on the periphery, or exact locations of the house involved, become known to the more strident and racist members of the general community.

The last thing anyone wants is amateur vigilante style "solutions" to an extremely inflamed and dangerous situation.

The State can deport anyone who's not an Irish citizen and being born here doesn't make you that. Not those born in Ireland from 01/01/05, anyway.

There's at least one Irish citizen whom they also deported. But he was a jazz-loving godless communist Irish republican so that was alright in the eyes of all the rightwing conservatives (In fairness to the IRA, Peadar O'Donnell and all the rest they stood by Jimmy Gralton and physically defended him when the conservative mob attacked him at public meetings).
    'Eighty-one years ago James Gralton became the only Irish citizen to be deported from his own country. It happened without trial, in August 1933, on the grounds that he was a dangerous subversive and a communist, although no evidence was ever produced... (Jimmy Gralton)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

doolox wrote: »
    They are probably afraid that the hatred some members of the public have for black people in general and Nigerians in particular will be ignited and possible revenge attacks on people involved might be carried out.

It is not in the interests of the Gardai for too many details of people involved, however much on the periphery, or exact locations of the house involved, become known to the more strident and racist members of the general community.

The last thing anyone wants is amateur vigilante style "solutions" to an extremely inflamed and dangerous situation.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.thesun.ie/news/2052192/vigilante-group-hells-angels-attacks-ringleaders-of-thug-teenage-gang-whove-been-terrifying-west-dublin-residents/amp/

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/family-home-firebombed-twice-by-mob-of-vigilantes-36597582.html

Already happening, and thats just an example of whats been reported in the media. There have been many other incidents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Amazing how a discussion on a vicious assault on two Gardai by Nigerians has now progressed to the "hatred" and reaction of "the racist members of the general community".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Mutant z wrote: »
    Why are so many of these scum being let in its an absolute disgrace.
    Donating absolutely nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

thebull85 wrote: »

If the Gardai and courts refuse to do something about it, what do you expect people to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Why are the Guards so concerned/ worked up about it appearing on social media?
    Stuff appears on social media all day every day.
    An assault on the street of a Police officer is completely wrong and should be punished but a video of it online is no different than half the other junk that is online.
    Guards seem a bit precious about it.

If you were the victim of a vicious and sustained attack would you want it online?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

If the Gardai and courts refuse to do something about it, what do you expect people to do?

i agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

If the guards went heavily handed and went postal on these gangs.
    I wouldn't give a toss.

It's about time the guards were allowed to be tougher and take no ****.

Zero tolerance for scangers and organized crime, fck the criminals...

They should review the entrance level for the guards, some tough bastards from the country is what's needed, go in to a situation and face them fire with fire.

Im a law abiding citizen and it's about time the guard's get to kick some ass.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭North inner city hoodlum

Greyling wrote: »
    Why? I don't contribute financially to anyone I don't support. If you buy drugs you're supporting organised crime. You're part of the problem.

If I had a legal way of buying drugs, I wouldn't be buying them illegally.

I also wouldn't buy drugs off Africans, I support local Irish entrepreneur :)

Oh ya how's the injured guard?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Any legal status should be revoked and the families returned to their home country and banned from entering the EU

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Jesus, I live just up the road from there. It's a strange enough area, lots of recently built quiet middle class estates and then that large estate that I thought was largely fine apart from a few scummy looking kids hanging around the local spar.

I couldn't give a shíte what colour they are, the thought of living near anyone who is willing to attack a uniformed gard in broad daylight with a baseball bat is kinda scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Gatling wrote: »
    Any legal status should be revoked and the families returned to their home country and banned from entering the EU

Collective punishment now. Stay classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I find it amazing that there is people disagreeing that criminal elements who can be deported should be deported. We have no responsibility to these criminals. Zero. They were permitted entry. We were promised they would be a great boon to us. They are not. They are causing trouble, and where they can be removed, they should be removed.

These are not the scientists, engineers and doctors we were promised would pay our pensions. If anything we will be paying their pensions by working well into our 70s and 80s. Its illuminating that people with an agenda want them to remain at any cost and under all conditions. It seems they want to recreate the problems and divisions of the USA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Greyling

If I had a legal way of buying drugs, I wouldn't be buying them illegally.

I also wouldn't buy drugs off Africans, I support local Irish entrepreneur :)

Oh ya how's the injured guard?

There's no excuse. You're part of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,295 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Those Nigerians should have been thanking the people of this country for giving them a safe place to live, not being involved in criminal activities.

Even other Africans don't like Nigerians and it seems with good reason when we hear of cases like this, they didn't get the bad reputation they have out of thin air.

I see the lefties are on making their usual weak arguments, yeah we all know there are Irish scumbags but now we have to deal with foreign ones as well.

Greyling wrote: »
    There's no excuse. You're part of the problem.

Who's making excuses?

What solution do you advise old wise person?

Illegal drugs aren't going to stop tomorrow, so give a legal safe regulated and controlled supply and tax them, because just saying no hasn't worked and will never work.

What's do these African men sell? Are the kinahans supplying them? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

punishment

First and foremost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Gatling wrote: »
    First and foremost
    Even for innocent people, what could go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Who's making excuses?

Illegal drugs aren't going to stop tomorrow, so give a legal safe regulated and controlled supply and tax them, because just saying no hasn't worked and will never work.

Its worked so well for alcohol...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

It's all Trumps fault.

Silly lefties.

Its worked so well for alcohol...

At least it's regulated taxed and is what it says it is, no thinking it might be bleach or holy water.

A new approach is needed, like easily ten years ago.

Anyone know what the Africans were selling?

Where the guards being racist they are so worried a video might get published?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Greyling

Who's making excuses?

Don't take illegal drugs, it's not rocket science.

That's neither here nor there. They are illegal and people are supporting criminality by purchasing drugs. They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

thebull85 wrote: »
    There is a difference between being born here and being awarded citizenship. A big difference. They are coming to us looking for a 'better life'.

And this is how we are thanked.

they get a better life alright , housed straight away , dole , etc anything that's going, treated better than the Irish.:confused: society too soft on these guys, if they each got 10 years for this assault it might keep the other's quiet.or deport, when the boat gets a mile out scuttle it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

At least it's regulated taxed and is what it says it is, no thinking it might be bleach or holy water.

A new approach is needed, like easily ten years ago.

Families and lives are constantly being destroyed by alcohol.
    But sure lets legalise even more drugs, whats the worst that can happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Taking a metal baseball bat to a female Garda.

Classy lads, that bunch of Nigerians.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,284 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Cultural enrichment in all its glory.

So businesses, Landlords etc can have increased demand and a massive reserve army of Labour, the children of that same class, the bulk of the modern Left spin it as diversity but grow fat off it.

The further Left a society is, the tighter its borders have to be, the more neoliberal the more flexible the approach to migration.

That has been turned on its head though, many Left activists today sound exactly like the extreme free market billionaire Koch brothers in terms of migration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,284 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Collective punishment now. Stay classy.

The State has no obligation to these people, zero.

Advertisement