Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

African gang beat the sh*t out of two gardai with a baseball bat.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

So you're okay with Irish-born people committing crimes or do the government get to revoke their citizenship too?

The government can’t revoke their citizenship. Anybody’s citizenship.

Your argument is extremist rubbish. I don’t know if these guys were citizens. There isn’t a country in the world that wouldn’t deport criminal immigrants, before or after incarceration.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

thebull85 wrote: »
    Just to make you aware, we cannot deport people born here.

No, but you'd like to, wouldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

07Lapierre wrote: »
    an Irish dog.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa
    whoa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

And the left still believe we are getting cultural enlightenment deluded fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I'd say you're gonna be pulled over your title by quite a few on here.

Accurate title is accurate.

• Advertisement

Haha, so just to be clear you're fine with second generation African people born here, it's just their parents you want deported?

Oh ffs. The stupidity hurts my eyes. The guy arrested was 58 or so. He was described as Nigerian. He probably wasn’t born here. You clearly came into this thread without any knowledge.

So of course, unless he’s a citizen, he’s deported.

Are you saying that all immigrants regardless of status or criminality cannot be deported?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-fear-footage-of-assault-on-officers-will-be-circulated-on-social-media-36858579.html

The Gardai are seriously under prepared to be dealing with the african gangs that are beginning to get a foothold in Ireland.

Diversity in all its glory.

Maybe they are white Nigerians because according to yourself AGS don't release descriptions of suspects who are not white.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

It’s relative rare for a policeman to be beaten up with a baseball bat in broad daylight I would think. And another one had dogs put on her.

Those particular specifics are unusual but there have been many more serious incidents that have never been reported or have received little coverage. I think it's a real failing on the part of the Garda Representative Association. They should be publicising injuries as much as possible. And it's almost all down to lack of manpower.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

The government can’t revoke their citizenship. Anybody’s citizenship.

Your argument is extremist rubbish. I don’t know if these guys were citizens. There isn’t a country in the world that wouldn’t deport criminal immigrants, before or after incarceration.

Someone who is gifted citizenship can have it revoked....
    It's just something the higher ups won't do as the type of rubbish that goes on here with the oh you're a racist , racist this and racist that.

How about when a non national is racist nobody gives a sh1t funny to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Maybe they are white Nigerians because according to yourself AGS don't release descriptions of suspects who are not white.

They arrested the guy, you clown.

• Advertisement

Oh ffs. The stupidity hurts my eyes. The guy arrested was 58 or so. He was described as Nigerian. He probably wasn’t born here. You clearly came into this thread without any knowledge.

So of course, unless he’s a citizen, he’s deported.

Are you saying that all immigrants regardless of status or criminality cannot be deported?

You do get that when somebody replies to someone else, the context of a original statement is a factor, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wasn't this days ago and well covered in the mainstream media?

and quoted here as being travellers who did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

07Lapierre wrote:
    What color was the baseball bat?

Probably red with a Garda's blood. Does that please you?

Someone who is gifted citizenship can have it revoked....
    It's just something the higher ups won't do as the type of rubbish that goes on here with the oh you're a racist , racist this and racist that.

How about when a non national is racist nobody gives a sh1t funny to be honest.

I don’t think citizenship should be revoked except in extreme cases.

You’re right though. I believe in net positive immigration. In fact am engaged to a non European immigrant.

The idea that you don’t deport criminals though is ludicrous. When I was in the US and Irish friend is deported for a misdeamor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

They arrested the guy, you clown.

Posted over on Voat within one minute of posting it here. You’ve a serious agenda.

You do get that when somebody replies to someone else, the context of a original statement is a factor, right?

What context? You are clearly opposed to deportation here regardless of the facts.

Posted over on Voat within one minute of posting it here. You’ve a serious agenda.

What the hell is voat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Scumbag attacks Garda. The perpetrator should face the full rigour of the law regardless of colour, creed or nation of origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Christy42

So you're okay with Irish-born people committing crimes or do the government get to revoke their citizenship too?
    up

But we aren't talking about Irish are we.....

Irish people of course do wrong and should be punished and much more so then they are.
    Of course we are not talking about Irish people. If Irish people did this no one would have bothered to start the thread.

It is designed to over emphasize crimes by minorities to push an agenda under false pretences. Yes the thread title is technically accurate but it is designed to be misleading about what is going on.

What context? You are clearly opposed to deportation here regardless of the facts.

I am? News to me.

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    Of course we are not talking about Irish people. If Irish people did this no one would have bothered to start the thread.

It is designed to over emphasize crimes by minorities to push an agenda under false pretences. Yes the thread title is technically accurate but it is designed to be misleading about what is going on.

So why dont you tell us all whats going on?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

cantdecide wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa
    whoa
    any horses reading the thread have suddenly stopped :pac:

I am? News to me.

What then is your problem in this thread. Mostly I see strawman arguments and ad hominems. And the trick of quoting a post by “fixing it”.

Comments like in “you’d like to deport those born here” or “so you’d deport the parents but not the kids” as responses to totally different posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

So why dont you tell us all whats going on?

is Marvyn Gaye black :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Greyling

Comments like in “you’d like to deport those born here” or “so you’d deport the parents but not the kids” as responses to totally different posts.

Taken in context of who made the post it's a perfectly fair comment.

He started this ****e over in the Islam thread but as the slow hateful wheels in his head started to turn he realised it wasn't right for there so had to make a thread here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Trasna1

I think you are cherry-picking one incident from a thousand because it suits your agenda.

In fairness, there is an arc of deprivation along the west of the M50 stretching from Clonee to Jobstown and beyond. There is also a racial integration issue in these areas which is not the cause but an added dimension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Amazing the number of people who appear to think a posters "agenda" is a more serious matter than members of the Gardaí being attacked and beaten in broad daylight by foreign gangsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    any horses reading the thread have suddenly stopped :pac:

I hope they are Cremellos or they might not feel to welcome around here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

What the hell is voat?

It's a Variation On A Theme

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »

This was an incredibly severe incident. The gardai had to call for reinforcements and then even then the reinforcements were outnumbered. So they fled.

Then the riot squad had to turn up and a special nightly court convened. The whole affray lasted 5 hours.

Hardly normal.

Advertisement