Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

African gang beat the sh*t out of two gardai with a baseball bat.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well, your list consists of one case which is hysterically shouted about to whip up a bit of the ould outrage about a certain group.
    My concern is more that the Gardai are attacked at all, but you don't seem to care about those assualts, because they are carried out by Irish people, nothing wrong with that, ey?
    The Gardai need to be given teeth. As it stands they are a joke.
    This assault would have ended very diffenently in Europe, police here have more than a stick and a radio to defend themselves with.
    They need to be given proper uniforms first. The absolute state of them currently does not command respect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Yep that was me taking a guess, it ticked all the boxes but I got it wrong

have you been called racist yet for making that assumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

thebull85 wrote: »
    thats all you have? what about the evidence that im funding African gangs?
    Dont tell me, you only buy yokes with a pointy white hat on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

jimgoose wrote: »
    Did the ASU fire any rounds? I don't believe so - that in itself is quite remarkable. Talk about restraint.

Police in Ireland always seem to act as if they're afraid to take action.
    It sets a bad signal for the criminals who are better equipped and trained it would appear.
    If they one day decided to walk into governemnt offices and say "listen here sunshine, from now on we're calling the shots" what will they do? Get the Gards to wave wooden batons at them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Gravelly wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time before the Gardaí will have to be tooled up like a SWAT team any time they are called out to any of the "diversified" housing estates. Another triumph of the multicultural experiment.

It's already the case, really. Cops doing a raid in any "rough" estate or street with a likelihood of a kick-off will routinely have the armed Gardai tipped off. Firemen will routinely call the Gardai if they are tasked with quenching a burning car, as the chances of getting attacked are very high and the usually teenaged perps know that they will remain untouched. Nothing to do with skin colour or racial origin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Just to make you aware, we cannot deport people born here.

The State can deport anyone who's not an Irish citizen and being born here doesn't make you that. Not those born in Ireland from 01/01/05, anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Stovepipe wrote: »
    It's already the case, really. Cops doing a raid in any "rough" estate or street with a likelihood of a kick-off will routinely have the armed Gardai tipped off. Firemen will routinely call the Gardai if they are tasked with quenching a burning car, as the chances of getting attacked are very high and the usually teenaged perps know that they will remain untouched. Nothing to do with skin colour or racial origin.

Well, a lot of people are more concerned with the color of the attackers than the assault themselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

It sets a bad signal for the criminals who are better equipped and trained it would appear.
    If they one day decided to walk into governemnt offices and say "listen here sunshine, from now on we're calling the shots" what will they do? Get the Gards to wave wooden batons at them?

I must disagree, Chief. The armed guys are the coolest, hardest, most level-headed of the lot, with no great interest in shooting anyone. That's why they get the guns. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Afraid of being thrown under the bus by their superiors and/or being sued if they pull the trigger.

Dont tell me, you only buy yokes with a pointy white hat on them.

Nah, just the ones with the Nazi symbols. Proper good they are too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Well, your list consists of one case which is hysterically shouted about to whip up a bit of the ould outrage about a certain group.
    My concern is more that the Gardai are attacked at all, but you don't seem to care about those assualts, because they are carried out by Irish people, nothing wrong with that, ey? Your issue seems to be more with the color of the attackers than anything else? It seems to suit some kind of agenda you have.
    The Gardai need to be given teeth. As it stands they are a joke.
    This assault would have ended very diffenently in Europe, police here have more than a stick and a radio to defend themselves with.

Wow - that's a good long list of assumptions. I'll make an assumption in turn, based on what you've posted - you don't care what happened to the Gardaí in this case, your only concern is that someone has highlighted the issue of Nigerian gangs in Dublin, and you want to pretend the problem doesn't exist because it goes against your agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Well, a lot of people are more concerned with the color of the attackers than the assault themselves...

That sums up your contributions perfectly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I knew this would happen if we let them in! I knew it! Things used to be so peaceful but now look at it, chaos on the streets and sure it's only going to get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

Going after a drug dealing gang ............ unarmed .... Only in Ireland :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,437 ✭✭✭weisses

RasTa wrote: »
    I knew this would happen if we let them in! I knew it! Things used to be so peaceful but now look at it, chaos on the streets and sure it's only going to get worse.

hahahahaha .... you must be hit by a sulky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Enochwasright

Do any of the people making excuses and shouting down any opinion as racist ever stop to think it's just people in fear and not coming from a bad/racist place? People have seem mass migration from Africa destabilising so many towns and cities across Europe and mabey just want to get a jump on it and stop it happening here? A while back we were promised by team liberal there would be no problem, now we are told there may be problems but it's to late to remove them as they are citizens now, with what's happening across Europe with crime/unemployment/benefit dependency etc from African immigrants should we not be allowed to analyse and debate this properly without the shrill screams of racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

weisses wrote: »
    Going after a drug dealing gang ............ unarmed .... Only in Ireland :rolleyes:

Well yes, only in Ireland is right. The police in Ireland are unarmed, and long may they remain so. These gangs can get as thick as they like, the State, in it's own good time, will get thicker, with the ASU and eventually the likes of the ARW asked to clean up the shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Time for the feud to end lads…

Greyling wrote: »
    I'm not happy with any gangs here dealing drugs. I also don't use drugs.

Anyone that does has no right to complain about them

Absolute rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Greyling

Absolute rubbish.

Why? I don't contribute financially to anyone I don't support. If you buy drugs you're supporting organised crime. You're part of the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Pelvis wrote: »
    Because only Africans have baseball bats and big dogs.

Indeed. Besides they should integrate and use the camán and slash hook.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Absolute rubbish.

why ? if you buy drugs from drug dealers where do you think the money goes ?

im speaking in general not specific to this case ?

mynamejeff wrote: »

Brown Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Would be great to use the Freedom of Information Act to see what this guy's argument for asylum here in Ireland was.
    Would also be interesting to see who granted it and the basis they used.

I'd say it would be a right scéal greannmhar altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Brown Thomas

ooh, racist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Brown Thomas

are you saing you buy your drugs from a black fella called thomas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Obi_Wan_Kenobi

sweetie wrote: »
    Fixed your post.

Wow , you must be such a woke liberal, I wish I was as sophisticated and as smart as you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

topper75 wrote: »
    Would be great to use the Freedom of Information Act to see what this guy's argument for asylum here in Ireland was.
    Would also be interesting to see who granted it and the basis they used.

I'd say it would be a right scéal greannmhar altogether.

The right to remain with or reunify with family is the most likely one. The wheels of the process turn so slowly that by the time somebody has exhausted the usual grounds on which refugee status can be sought they should have assembled a family of some description that can be relied upon to remain indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Trasna1 wrote: »
    In fairness, there is an arc of deprivation along the west of the M50 stretching from Clonee to Jobstown and beyond. There is also a racial integration issue in these areas which is not the cause but an added dimension.

This happened in Ballyogan, Dublin 18. It's next to Foxrock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

mynamejeff wrote: »

The money goes to helping cute puppies and fluffy kittens of course.

Advertisement