Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II(b) - The Dread City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric picks the mushrooms and hands them to goldameer, "Are these of any use?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

"Yeah, hold on"

He places the mushroom into the wound and it begins to be slowly absorbed. He stands up slowly.

"I think I can go on, where to next?"

Sarric once again edges to the stairway on the east side of the room and carefully descends.

The group exits the tower and walks out into the third level proper.

The chamber is mostly taken up with a large factory like building with ten pipes, red hot with heat, emerging from it. Two run in the ceiling, seven into the floor and one circles the room before joining back into the factory.

The factory itself seems to have no entrances.

Seven exits lead this chamber at (OOC: using clock face directions):
    Twelve
    Three
    Five
    Six
    Eight
    Eleven

"Well Thorginz, do you want to make a call or should i just wing it?"

• Advertisement

"The path to the fourth floor ain't at six o' clock, that's where my group died"

"ha, thats were i would have winged it to."
    "Anybody else wanna pipe in, goldameer, anyone..."

Karinth stands meditating.

"Ser Boros, you wish to slay a beast that will have the folk of your barony singing your praises for centuries. I sense a beast of awesome might yonder at six o' clock..."

"Aye that's who killed us, the massive undead Viper beast, with but a single drop of venom..."

"Your previous party were weaklings then, we are ones of action and vitality, but...."

He pauses similing.

"...by Othegre's blood, even greater beasts are to be found beyond this Viper"

He turns with force to Sarric.

"My friend, we must journey there and test ourselves against this ineffable fulcrum of destiny"

"Jaysus, you're a bit full on lad" Thorginz says looking back to Sarric and rolling his eyes

Goldameer is a bit stunned by Karinth.

"Six o' clock leads to the Necromancers' main experimentation lab, it's suicide"

Fourier wrote: »
    Goldameer is a bit stunned by Karinth.

"Six o' clock leads to the Necromancers' main experimentation lab, it's suicide"

Sarric questions Goldameer, "So, do you also know where 8, or 11 or 12 or 3 or 5 lead?"

• Advertisement

"Eight is sacred to my people, one must make a pilgrimage there for the right to breed, it is why I am with you. It is where my race first evolved.

As for Three, gnolls from the lower levels often dig up through tunnels there to obtain the great treasure of the sea folk, old stories say to avoid it

The rest I know little about."

"So, you want us to go into 8 with you? is there a way to lower levels through there?
    Otherwise, we'll go down exit 5. "

"I would be grateful if you came with me, I'm more likely to survive that way, but I most certainly do not expect it, we will part ways at this point should you choose elsewhere"

"Goldameer, we are not here to earn the right to breed...., but ..., we will accompany you if it gets us closer to our goal, which is to get to the fourth level and find some sword. "

"There is no path down to fourth floor near our sacred site"

He offers his hand.

"Goodbye then"

Sarric takes Goldameers hand, "Good luck lad, hope to see you again, may your quest bring you the right to make lots of little goldameers". Sarric Releases his hand.

Sarric then turns and heads for the 5 exit.

OOC: I'm assuming exit 5 was meant.

The fifth exit leads out into a dark corridor. Eventually after an hours walk, the corridor terminates in a massive double door.

ooC: yep, soory.

Sarric investigates the double doors and asks the dwarf to see if he can see any traps on the door, if he cant, Sarric will give it one last traps check the try to open the door.

Thorginz stops as he notices something etched into the door.

"An old label on the door lad, 'Subject Zero', what do you think it means"

Karinth speaks up "We use similar in Othegregrad for experimental subjects, vivimantic test cases for new spells, subject zeroes receive the strongest dose, I imagine it is the analogue for a necromancer"

"So, another of the Necromancers expremint labs, so, 6 is his main lab, 5 is a secondary lab, maybe we should just use the gnolls tunnels in 3 and be wreckless about the old stories."

ooc notes 5&6: nec ex 8:ritual 3:tunnels

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    "So, another of the Necromancers expremint labs, so, 6 is his main lab, 5 is a secondary lab, maybe we should just use the gnolls tunnels in 3 and be wreckless about the old stories."

ooc notes 5&6: nec ex 8:ritual 3:tunnels
    "I concur" Karinth shouts.

Ser Boros looks at the door carefully.

"Perhaps we could open it slightly, but not walk straight in?"

"That's just looking for trouble" Faree counters "I don't want to enter some nutjobs lab. Gnolls are dumb beasts, a much safer option"

Sarric turns and proceeds to exit 3 (the gnolls one) and proceeds in carefully

The third exit continues into a corridor that proceeds to the East, but about half a mile in has a side passage going North.

Sarric continues eastbound.

The passage ends in a chamber containing a bound air elemental within a summoning circle. Its form is that of a cloud in roughly humanoid form.

Within the circle lie two jars.

Sarric searches for non obvious exits.

Sarric finds a small crawl space dug into the wall, just large enough for Sarric to squeeze through, but too small for Karinth and Ser Boros.

Well its not a complete dead end, "Be right back", Sarric dissapears into the crawl space.

Sarric exits the crawl space and emerges in a dank room, with water dripping from above. Strange green writing covers the walls. The entire room is filled with a low grade hum.

In front of him Sarric can see four gnolls digging away at collapsed masonry. They have not noticed him.

• Advertisement

"ahem, excuse me. would you be able to widen this crawl space for the rest of my party, What would you want in exchange?"

Advertisement