Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II(b) - The Dread City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Yes, sleep and regain you energy dwarf". Sarric sits beside the dwarf and begins to meditate. When he has finished meditatating (long rest) he will begin escavating alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Sarric begins work for an hour, shortly joined by the other elf, before Karinth rises from a strange still-as-death slumber. Together the three of them clear the rubble about half and hour before the dwarf and the human wake.

OOC: whole party is awake by now

"What do I call you besides dwarf, sir, would you care to lead the way."

"The name is Thorginz and aye, I'll lead the way"

As they walk on, the see a large Kobold town built into the fork in the cavern tunnels. One continuing Southwest, the other going Northwest.

"We need to head north, we should split up, that way each of us has a chance to sneak by the Kobold guards."

"Sure fine, who want to go first? What happens if one of us is spotted, do we just leave them to fend for themselves. Are we not stronger together, even if we dont sneak as well, at least if we are spotted, we have a better chance of subduing the guard whom spotted us."

• Advertisement

"True, if we kill the guard quick enough...if he calls others to him...well there's a town of Kobolds" says Thorginz.

Karinth is unimpressed "I agree with Sarric, they are but Kobolds also"

Sarric reassues the others, "I don't think they would want to jeperdize their little town, just impede our travels. If they really want to mess with us, we could just slaughter them. We just want to be on our way, we let them know our safe passage past assures their survival."

"Agreed" says Karinth and he begins to walk forward.

Six Kobold guards watch him approach carefully.

Sarric walks a pace behind Karinth gesturing the others to follow.

The Kobold guards shout in the parties direction. Thorginz translates.

"They say we leave an offering of food or valuables or we get pelted with arrows"

• Advertisement

Sarric tells him to shout back, "They can leave us be to pass by their village peacefully or we will be leaving dead kobold offering at every doorstep in this little village."

Thorginz looks shocked, but steadies himself and shouts back.

The Kobolds look at Sarric and Karinth and discuss among themselves.

A shout comes back.

"They'll let us past....even open to trade" Thorginz informs Sarric.

Sarric carefully proceeds past the village.

Sarric and the party see a massive set of stairs about a mile ahead of them leading downward.

Five huge spiders block the way, Kobold hunters wrapped in their cocoons.

"Thorginz, tell them to move their crap out of our way or we are burning it to cinders."

"I don't speak Spydric I'm afraid" Thorginz looks nervous as he says this.

Sarric says in as many languages as he knows, "Move over, and let us past, or we make room the fighting way, you have 2 minues to comply"

The spiders lift their heads at the Infernal. They respond back, though obviously not natives in the tongue.

"We is more stronger than you. We crush in fight you"

Sarric continues in infernal,
    "We just want to get past, why risk finding out if you can crush us or not, when we believe we can burn you to cinders before you can even harm one of us,

you have a good thing going here, feeding on the kobolds, let us thru and you can continue using the food revenue,

stand in our way and we will show you that we should not be have been underestimated!"

The spiders move out of the way.

• Advertisement

Sarric nods, then proceed onwards to the stairs.

Sarric and the others descend the stairs into a long abadoned prison complex.

Cell doors lie rusted, half ripped from their hinges.

Thorginz speaks.

"Ye have to pass through this old prison to get to the main caverns of this level, she's just the entrance, so to speak."

"An old prison, " Sarric echos, looking around himself for obvious markers to point the way to out, "well you got us this far Thorginz, so, lead us onwards, towards this main cavern, and we'll get your item on the third level soon enough".
    Sarric looks over to the knightly man, "I dont think your uncle would be too impressed with a kobolds or a spiders head, we'll keep searching for your beast, What is your name, and what weapon do you swing?"

"Ser Boros, noble elf. I wield the claymore Frost's Edge."

The group hears a scuttling across the prison. Sarric notices a small humanoid jump into a nearby cell.

Sarric alerts the other then questions the humanoid in common, "hello there, how are you, we are looking to find safe passage through this prison, do you know this prison well?"

The humanoid comes out slowly.

"Yes, yes sure. My people have lived in this old prison for 200 years"

Sarric looks at the humanoid edging out of the cell, seeing if he can make out race, clothes and state of dress, tidy or disheveled and weapons.
    "200 years, well we would not want to parade around your home unescourted, that would just be rude. Maybe you would be kind enough to show us the way. "

The humaoid is not from a race found on Sarric's world, though is somewhat gnomish looking. The clothes are finely made.

"I am willing to show you the way, but be warned, an old army of the undead wanders these prisons and the rats carry their zombification plague. My kind are immune to the plague and the dead have no interest in us, but I would fear for you. Best you left the way you came."

To humanoid, "I suppose you may need to keep your fear in check. We have a mission which requires us to descend to the fourth level of this dungeon and we are certainly not turning back because of some minor obstacles, so if an army of undead or a mischeif of rats are in our way and not willing to yeild passage to us, then we will have to resort to using stronger, more lethal means, to encourage them to yeild."

To Karinth, "Do you have any anti zombie plague spells that could perhaps protect us for turning into zombies if we happen to be bitten by a few rats?"

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    To Karinth, "Do you have any anti zombie plague spells that could perhaps protect us for turning into zombies if we happen to be bitten by a few rats?"
    "I have something I feel should almost certainly work, a purifying spell. Limited only by my mental energies. I should be able to cast it at least three times this day."

Advertisement