Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II(b) - The Dread City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Fourier wrote: »
    Finishing the meditation a few hours later, Sarric finds the rest of the party save Ser Boros and Karinth are lying around him asleep or meditating.

OOC: "At the end of a long rest, a character regains all lost hit points. " just making sure, as i'm unsure, do i need to role to regain HP, or do i go right back to max?

22 total, max restored = 11 for long rest, so 8+11 = 19hp. i think thats right.

nope, thats wrong, going to have to read it again.

okay, i have three hit dice, that i can spend, and can regain those after long sleep.

okay, after rereading again, i'm back to 22hp if that was a long rest, lets make that the case. and i still have 3 unspent hit dice for use during short sleeps.

:D okay, thats sorted, will fix my sheet and get another post in a min.

Sarric, feeling alot better, strains to listen if he can hear anything other than his resting compadres, moving away from them if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: Health restored to maximum after a long rest (8 hours sleep for humans, 4 hour trance for elves). Hit Dice are spent during short rests to restore health, common use case being the short rest after a death save, Necro has done this. I'll make a post about this whole system in the OOC thread as it is one of the most confusing aspects of 5E.

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric, feeling alot better, strains to listen if he can hear anything other than his resting compadres, moving away from them if necessary.
    He sees Karinth and Ser Boros return. Karinth waves and speaks.

"Nothing much Sarric, a living shadow bound here due to a centuries long curse. I won't bore you with the details of our wall shattering fight, Ser Boros's death defying triple leap, or how we learned the sorry tale of the shadow and the curse that dwelt within the hall, all sorted now, right Ser Boros"

Ser Boros, looking shell-shocked just manages a "yeah".

Sarric show some disappointment, "I'm truly sorry I missed that, It sounds like great fun was had!
    Shall we wake these others up and get on our way then,

did you question the shadow creature to the whereabout of the sword?"

• Advertisement

Sarric show some disappointment, "I'm truly sorry I missed that, It sounds like great fun was had!
    Shall we wake these others up and get on our way then,

did you question the shadow creature to the whereabout of the sword?"
    "Ha, did we ever, I used my foulest hexes on the incorporeal beast....unfortunately it had no idea"

Sarric goes over and wakes the others, "Wake up, we're on the move again."

"Okay Karinth, do we continue along back the way you just returned from, or is it a dead end?"

"It extends past where we were, it's intersected by a perpendicular passage before continuing NorthEast"

"Okay then, let leave no cranny unsearched for this sword. We explore until there is no place left for the sword to hide in."

Sarric begins to head in the direction Karinth returned from, only turning to enquire if the others are coming too.

They all follow Sarric and the group comes to the intersection Karinth spoke of. Little can be told of the perpendicular passage from here, but the passage continuing NorthEast is filled with strange religious symbols of stone heads past the intersection.

• Advertisement

OOC:
    I have 4 options. back the way i came. sw
    onwards ne
    and two new pathways, nw and se.

is my reading correct, or is the perpendicular passage unaccessable from here?

OOC:
    I have 4 options. back the way i came. sw
    onwards ne
    and two new pathways, nw and se.

is my reading correct, or is the perpendicular passage unaccessable from here?
    OOC: You are correct

Sarric is drawn toward the northwest route up the perpendicular passage. He slowly and carefully edges along.

The NorthWest route leads to a room with a single large black mark at its center, it looks like a large fire once burnt here.

A side from heavily burnt shelves and shattered glass, the room contains another exit to the SouthWest.

Sarric investigates the center burn mark, and also the shelves, taking care not to injure himself on any of the glass.

OOC: Give me a Medicine check, Target 10 (Easy)

Sarric is able to determine that the soot is from an alchemical mixture, rather than a magical blast. The shelves contain tomes on alchemy, though Sarric cannot read the language, simply inferring this from the diagrams.

Sarric proceeds cautiously down the sw exit.

The passage after the exit turns sharply so that it continues East. Eventually the party come to the end of the passage where it meets another extending North and South.

To the North they hear voices.

"Goblins, I recognise the tongue" Thorginz informs the party.

Sarric asks that the party remain quiet and for Thoringz to try to hear what is being discussed, while he himself listens for quite a long time, trying to figure out how many indivudula voices he can distinguish.

• Advertisement

Only three voices can be heard.

"They're boasting that they caught a phantom fungus, an invisible creature that lives in these dungeons...they're a hallucinogenic...at least for dwarves."

"Okay Faree, time for you to shine. I want you wander up that north coridor, then when you are close enough to see them, and count their numbers, if there is only three, make them notice you, then high tail it back here and get behind us and, we'll surprise them at this corner, if they are in puruit of you, and, if there is more than three and you are unnoticed, get back here and tell us how many there are, if there are loads and you have been spotted, make a hell of a racket on your way back here."

Faree nods.

"Okay, no problem"

She begins to sneak up the corridor.

A short while later she comes running back.

"Only three, they're on their way"

OOC: Combat, you go first

As the Goblins round the corner, Sarric's kick connects with one of the goblins in the neck and with speed that surprises even Karinth extends his two hands, palms open, and wallops the other two goblins on the chest knocking them to the ground.

The confused goblins start crying on the ground begging for their lives.

"Karinth, wound you like to interagate these fellas on the whereabout of this sword, see if we can get any useful info out of them."

Karinth lifts one of the Goblins up by the neck and rips his head off with the other hand, the blood spraying onto the remaining two.

"That is what happens to those weaker than me who withhold information, speak lest you suffer a fate more grim. I wish to know the location of the Sword of Halmon"

"It...it..eh...the Deurgar have it, the grey dwarves you would call them, it lies in their kingdom on this level. We have waged war with them for twenty years, perhaps....ehm you could help and thereby get the sword?"

The goblin who says this looks at Sarric when he makes the final suggestion.

"I'm not interested in your war.
    I'll go talk to these Deurgar.
    Maybe we can finish off their war for them in exchange for the sword, you understanding that?
    Now, which of you knows the way to the Duegar?"

"Eh...South, East, NorthWest, continue NorthWest passed the intersection, North, SouthEast, East, NorthEast, SouthEast, East.

That's the safest path at least.

Though there is a secret passage of theirs in our larder to the North, that's where we were when your friend got our attention."

"Tell me more about this secret passage....."

• Advertisement

"Tell me more about this secret passage....."
    "We don't know more, we can't decipher how to open it...."

He looks at Thorginz

"...dwarven architectural secrets and all that"

Advertisement