Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act One Scene II(b) - The Dread City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Sarric, Ser Boros and Karinth are vomitted out of one of the planeshifting frog's gullets onto the hard metallic ground of the planeshifting chambers.

Ser Boros looks around astonished.

"What in the seven hells is this place?"

"Home..." Karinth replies "...and Sarric and I have a sword to handover"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric collects his belongings from the storage unit. He rings the bell to see if it still works.

The bell makes its usual light din.

"Come then Sarric and Ser Boros to the council chambers"

Karinth heads out.

Sarric trudges along after Karinth. He says to Ser Boros, "I don't really know these people, I think they are all old friends of Karinths, but they send us on these fun missions which I enjoy and they're paying me for my effort."

They arrive in the council chambers, Karinth with his arms raised.

"YOU IMPOTENT OLD FOOLS, DID YOU THINK YOUR PATHETIC QUEST WOULD BE A CHALLENGE? SARRIC, QUICK OF HAND AND SER BOROS OF BLACKMOOR HAVE AIDED ME AND THUS I HAVE RENDERED YOUR PISSANT TASK COMPLETE"

He throws the sword into the center of the chamber.

Ser Boros stares in fear at the distorted forms of the council members, especially the liquid like form of the leader.

"Fantastic Karinth, it will aid you well in your attempt to re-enter the city's citizenship."

"So I must be assessed by you, ha! What a joke!"

"Not by us, by Othegre, she returns from Athas in ten minutes"

Karinth swallows nervously.

• Advertisement

Sarric turns to the council members, "ehh, can i go look about your city now? I here of its greatness, then wham bam, i'm running around in the depths of a dungeon in blackmoor, getting a sword for you, I'd like some me time, well, you're welcome to tag along ser boros, to look at this fine city of yours with it promised awesomeness, maybe take in a gallery or two, then maybe tomorrow we can go do the planejumping thing again."

The council confer among themselves.

"You are free to go

Karinth, accompany us upstairs to the central planeshifting chamber"

Karinth glances back at Sarric nervously.

"I hope to see you soon"

He walks off.

Sarric walks towards the exit, "you coming Ser boros?"

"Yep, time to see this world"

They are led outside the council chambers central building by the trollish guards.

"Best off to the market district, little to see in the residential areas" one of them says to Sarric.

Sarric heads off in the direction the guards said. On his mind while walking to the market place is the selling of the bell and the painting, and maybe finding a nice monk weapon.

He turns to Ser Borus, "Not that much difference, between here and castle blackmoor? Wonder if they serve your favorite foods here."

• Advertisement

Ser Boros looks around.

"Quite a bit different, I've never been somewhere so warm, though I suppose my own world was far to the South, the....this..." he points at the strange vats growing flesh and the wires carrying magical energy lighting up lamps "...all of that is not anywhere back home I think."

There is a large stall which seems to deal in tomb relics, the owner is some kind of Goblin, though of an unusual breed, like all in Othegregrad.

Sarric follows where Ser Boros is pointing at, "You don't light the streets at night? Does everybody carry their own torches when they go out for a stroll after sunset? With lighting being provided by the lamps, if frees up your hands when walking, its a good idea, and one which you should take credit for when you go back to blackmoor."

Sarric wanders over to the large stall, "Hello there sir, would be interested in this bell, recovered from an underwater temple, which had blue skinned four armed creatures guarding it?"

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric follows where Ser Boros is pointing at, "You don't light the streets at night? Does everybody carry their own torches when they go out for a stroll after sunset? With lighting being provided by the lamps, if frees up your hands when walking, its a good idea, and one which you should take credit for when you go back to blackmoor."
    "These lamps have no flame though, how can that...."
    Sarric wanders over to the large stall, "Hello there sir, would be interested in this bell, recovered from an underwater temple, which had blue skinned four armed creatures guarding it?"
    "Málëhro artefact, no way, let me see"

He looks at the bell and whistles.

"How about 500GP? That sound good?"

Sarric rings the bell, "I dont know what you expect it to sound like but it sounds just fine to me. I'll take the 500GP."

"Do you also have interest in art?", Sarric shows the Goblin the painting of the Elven queen Tholicra.

His jaw drops.

"Listen..." he comes out from behind the stall and leans in close to Sarric.

"...where did you get this stuff?"

Fourier wrote: »
    His jaw drops.

"Listen..." he comes out from behind the stall and leans in close to Sarric.

"...where did you get this stuff?"

There is a big lake in the desert, north of zassan, you have to hold you breath for quite a while to get there, I don't think you would be able to hold your breath long enough, so i wouldnt advise going there without a big hose pipe to breath through and somebody at the surface blowing into it for you.

"Aye, I know the lake...."

A large smile spans his face.

"Here is your gold Sir, 1,000GP"

As he hands the sum over to Sarric, a massive streaking fire burns its way toward the city from the sky and lights up the summit of the council building. The locals drop to their knees.

"OTHEGRE HAS RETURNED!!!" they shout.

Sarric takes the gold, "Enjoy the painting."

Sarric wanders off now looking for somewhere selling simple weapons, something befitting a monk such as himself.
    "Ser Borus, I have loads of gold, let me know if you want some to trade with."

"That would be much appreciated Sarric, I would be interested in whatever heavy weaponry your world has to offer."

A good few shops stock the simplistic weaponry common in monestary training.

OOC: Consider the market to have Monk weaponry at 1.2 times the prices list in the PHB:
    https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Weapons

Sarric finds a simple spear and pays asking price for it. He gives Ser Borus 300GP, "If thats not enough let me know."
    He also finds a new rope, silk this time and replaces rations.
    ooc: 1+10+1=12 + markup ~ 15gp.

• Advertisement

"It should be I hope" He runs off excitedly to the stall and a few minutes later returns with a great axe.

"Now this is a weapon! So, we waiting for blondy or will we make a quite exit?"

Sarric explains the missions to Ser Boras,

"We had to go to the city of BlackMoor on the plane of Mystara, to find a sword of unusual properties. That was the sword we swiped from that weird goblin lady on the fourth level of the dungeon,

If we go with Karinth, which I want to do, we can now go to;

Athas, to free an inhabitant of this city
    Eberron, to meet with a vampire in a tomb raid
    the demiplane of Revenloft, to retrieve a stolen tissue sample
    or to the plane of Greyhawk for an assassination

would any of those missions interest you?

I wouldn't mind going to free that person, or we could go on the tomb raid, the assassination does not really interest me, but i'll tag along if you want to do some assassinating."

"All sound like challenges, truth told though I may not have the stomach for anything too...medical, I would vote against Ravenloft."

A trumpet sounds and the top level of the council chamber opens and Karinth steps out with the council arms held high. The council is now joined by a woman with dark hair wearing some kind crystalline armour and small animals moving about her. Some kind of odd biomechanical arm or tube, hard to tell from this distance, is welded maybe into her head.

"Looks like blondy made it, so this Athas place or Eberron, I can tell you, I am excited!"

"Okay, let go head back and join Karinth then and let him know of our wishes."

Sarric tries to do this.

The reach the gates easily and the guards let them passed.

The council arrive down before Karinth. The liquid formed leader slides over to Sarric.

"Do you wish to continue service for us, I was impressed with the last run"

Fourier wrote: »
    The reach the gates easily and the guards let them passed.

The council arrive down before Karinth. The liquid formed leader slides over to Sarric.

"Do you wish to continue service for us, I was impressed with the last run"

"I do, I would like for Ser Borus to accompany myself and Karinth to Athas next, to free your citizen there."

"I do, I would like for Ser Borus to accompany myself and Karinth to Athas next, to free your citizen there."
    "Wonderful, that is no problem of course...Athas a good target, the bridge to there is still open since..."

He turns as Karinth and the woman from earlier enter.

"And I will return with him unharmed from Athas, you have my word" Karinth says to her.

Sarric asks the liquid council leader, "who exactly is this citizen we are going to rescue?"

Sarric asks the liquid council leader, "who exactly is this citizen we are going to rescue?"
    "An idiot to tell the truth, he was to bring sample of our technology to Nibenay, one of the plane's sorcerer kings and of course got captured, they're probably trying to determine the source of a few of his magics. Vivimancy is unknown on Athas for the most part.

I'd leave him, but he is a genius and the city needs him. The name is Thronis."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"Karinth my dear, if your word was worth a dog's wet **** you wouldn't have to do this for me. "

Her shadow rears up off the ground spreading across his chest. Othegre plunges her hand in, rummages around. Karinth is nonplussed by the illusion but she can't help giving the tourist a little theater. From her shadow she produces a fat, writhing maggot that she placed on karinth's neck. It burrows down and she seals the wound with an eyeblink.

"There now. What need have we for trust, hmm? Big Sister sees all, big sister knows all. And big sister turns people who let her down into soup for her squirrelmen."
    She pats him on the back. She eyes up the monk.
    "......Good stock. If you can live without a couple of toes or fingers, swing by the Vatalogue. I'm sure they can make it worth your while.

Still here? Karinth, that bridge isn't free you know. "

She pushes past them calling "Bell? What's the update on the new batch of Draghulhus?"

Advertisement