Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Not received any confirmation yet. A poster on runners world got under the 3.05 with 15 seconds to spare.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Do you know if it was a male or female poster?

If male that basically should mean that everyone got in if they applied.

Edit: Just found that post and it was for a MV40 time band they scraped under by 15 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 highlandcow

I applied with a 2.59.26.....Not heard either way yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

No email yet either, have 7 mins window but still like to get the official confirmation

66_Lad wrote: »
    No email yet either, have 7 mins window but still like to get the official confirmation

Saw someone I know got in with 4 minutes under. You'll be grand. Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

66_Lad wrote: »

Awaiting a load of emails as well after getting verified
    All well under the target time
    Still a tad nervous

Nothing yet!

Just saw on Twitter that someone in the under 40 category got in with a 29 second buffer. Looks like all that applied got in. Still no confirmation for me though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If you've not yet had the email then give them a phone call, seems that everyone who applied got in as have seen further posts for people with only 5 seconds under the time getting confirmations now.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

robinph wrote:
    If you've not yet had the email then give them a phone call, seems that everyone who applied got in as have seen further posts for people with only 5 seconds under the time getting confirmations now.

Got my email confirmation at 10:59…had tried to call the number but not connecting. Looks like they are a bit behind on the emails but glad to get the green light for my 1st London Marathon!

• Advertisement

Think they have admitted to there being email issues at their end now and have stopped answering the phone. If you are able to login and pay via this link then that means you are in regardless of the email coming through:

https://app.realbuzzregistrations.com/events/lmel/2019-vmlm-good-for-age/login/

Got email just before one and all done and dusted now.

Was only a small thought this time last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jmcmen

Got the thumbs up too:D

bigslice wrote: »
    Got email just before one and all done and dusted now.

Was only a small thought this time last week!

Yeah, same here. Didn't really think my time would have given me enough wiggle room to actually get in. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Ballot results out from 8th October.

5th rejection incoming!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Van.Bosch wrote: »

5th rejection incoming!

First year applying for the ballot and won't know what to do with myself if I actually get in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Van.Bosch wrote: »

5th rejection incoming!

Same here, even if I get i will probably defer it !!!

Same here, even if I get i will probably defer it !!!

The fear of actually getting a spot

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

best of luck, all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    best of luck, all! :)

Think it was Wednesday or Thursday last few years before the emails came for me.

• Advertisement

Any predictions on what fancy dress outfits the runners on the cover of the magazines will be wearing? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Eagerly awaiting the annual London rejection email this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭noelearly

Totally forgot about this. Such is my confidence of getting a place. Think I had to wait until the Friday for rejection last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blueberrypie

Just came across this thread. Awaiting my email like the 40,000 others!
    On the taper for the DCM!

Two red packages just landed on my doormat, although we both deferred so knew we were in anyway.

Aaaagh, I just want to hear if I got my spot or not
    Making me wait is just making me want to take part even more. Smart lads these London folks.
    Go back a week, and I'd have been terrified of getting in, but now I have a serious dose of the FOMOs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

"This entry has not been successful in the ballot" :pac:

And there was me believing I might get beginners luck! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

I didn’t get an ‘unsuccessful’ mail, is it a case that you get that or a successful notification in the post?

I used a uk address (my mothers) that is not on the mainland so wondered if I may get something in the post in the coming days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I didn’t get an ‘unsuccessful’ mail, is it a case that you get that or a successful notification in the post?

I used a uk address (my mothers) that is not on the mainland so wondered if I may get something in the post in the coming days?

I didn't get an email either. I used this. https://www.realbuzz.com/accounts/login/

You need the email account and password you used to enter the ballot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

skyblue46 wrote: »
    I didn't get an email either. I used this. https://www.realbuzz.com/accounts/login/

You need the email account and password you used to enter the ballot

Thanks a mill, was unsuccessful which, is a relief seeing as just starting to taper for dcm;) was dreading being successful, my eyes were bigger than my belly back in May or whenever!

Advertisement