Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2019

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Whatever the tree pollen is flying about the place in central London is, and especially along The Mall, can do one. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

I was just reminiscing on this day last year as I was carb loading and working about how hot it was going to be this morning as I lay in a MRI machine trying to get to the bottom of a hip problem! All the work is done, enjoy the day and take a moment to celebrate the outcome no matter what the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

robinph wrote:
    Whatever the tree pollen is flying about the place in central London is, and especially along The Mall, can do one.

My eyes are watering here as well...enjoying some food and warming up now, bloody cold and breezy today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Didn't pack for this cold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭Duanington

ultrapercy wrote: »
    What is the story with Mo Farah? He seems to be trying very hard to sabotage his own race.
    Why would he risk injury with that treadmill stunt days away from the race?
    Why would he waste nervous energy on a public spat with one of the sports darlings?
    Is it a case of his management company telling him to drum up controversy?
    Is it a tactic to show how relaxed he is?
    Is it a diversion to keep him getting too nervous?
    Has he lost the plot?
    I'm at a loss.

I actually think its an attention thing with him at times, he seems to crave it and obviously thrives on the British adoration for him. He's obviously done his adopted homeland proud in the past but he really is coming across as a drama the last couple of years ( remember him complaining to the lad on the bike about the drink stations last year)

Why risk injury? Because he likes to play the cheeky chappy in public - scratch the surface though and there's a whole other side to Mo that his adoring public really don't want to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

All the best to those running tomorrow, enjoy and take some of it in if you can. If theres a better marathon in the world than London then I would love to experience it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭4Ad

Bananaleaf wrote: »
    Guys - best of luck Sunday. I arrived in London today and I can still hardly believe it but I was lucky enough to meet Kipchoge this evening. Had a short conversation with him, got a photo and a handshake - am thrilled with myself

Class ..one photo to gloat over..what a hero !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ladies elite race just off - best of luck to Sinead Diver.
    Elite races are on bbc red button.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Ben Done

Duanington wrote: »
    ..scratch the surface though and there's a whole other side to Mo that his adoring public really don't want to see

You can't just leave this hanging - what is it you're alluding to?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭wookiesleep

Sinead out front. Just another 42km to go :) Is the tracker working for anyone else?

• Advertisement

Sinead out front. Just another 42km to go :) Is the tracker working for anyone else?

She looked taken aback by the slow pace for mile 1. Saw the pacers take off and the main group hang back, she was left in-between looking at her watch wondering wtf!
    She has tucked back into the main pack now, rooting for her to have a great race, what she has done in the last while has been outstanding.

Gabby Logan- 'Times are not what the masses are interested in, they just want to finish.'
    **** off!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

sideswipe wrote: »
    Gabby Logan- 'Times are not what the masses are interested in, they just want to finish.'
    **** off!

She is annoyingly effusive and does come out with some vacuous nonsense!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Hardly showing the race at all without the red button,i had to do this to get it :https://www.horsesportireland.ie/how-to-watch-bbc-red-button-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

I really have a dislike for Mo farah ...no doubt he has great talent but he comes across as a right prick...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Just heard the announcer refer to Mo's success in the mini marathon. I thought that BS was only applied to the women's vhi 10km here.

Sinead Diver well out in front at 11 miles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

harr wrote: »
    Sinead Diver well out in front at 11 miles

Incredibly brave run. I know some might say crazy but Goddamnit, sometimes you just gotta give it a go.

Coming up to Half way soon.

I wonder what pace she is going at as she seems to have a significant gap on the main favourites?

Her pace is 5.26 m/m at the moment. Expected finish time of 2.22.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Any Irish elites running in the mens?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

She’s running 2:22 pace. Which is the target she had in mine as that’s the Irish and Australian records.

Not a case of her going off too fast rather main field are slow. She seems to e running her own race.

Itziger wrote: »
    Incredibly brave run. I know some might say crazy but Goddamnit, sometimes you just gotta give it a go.

Coming up to Half way soon.

Some women at her age if she keeps that pace up, I wonder why the 3 pacers are way out in front in the women’s race, surely it’s their job to stay with lead women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

Although she’s gone out the back fairly quick.

Big change up front as the main favourites have upped the pace and Sinead is 20 seconds or so back.

Big change up front as the main favourites have upped the pace and Sinead is 20 seconds or so back.
    That was a very swift change at the front

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Wexford1996

deisedude wrote: »
    Any Irish elites running in the mens?

Hehir and Clohisey running

Through 25km on the tracker and Sinead's pace is still holding.

Looking online McKiernan's Irish record is 2.22:23.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Looking online McKiernan's Irish record is 2.22:23.

Do you know if she beats that time, will it be an official Irish record if she is running for Oz?

• Advertisement

Do you know if she beats that time, will it be an official Irish record if she is running for Oz?

I don't know but she is listed in some of the records of the AAI. She is a member of Mayo AC.

Advertisement