Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown - Day 1

Options
  • 22-04-2018 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Melon, a donkey of absolute extreme based on his breeding to win a NH top race.The worst champion hurdle ever on times this is my LAY Punchestown big ,big time..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Seems as if Mullins is going for the 1-2-3 in the champion chase. Any order tricast could be a good bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Mullins has like 3 runners in every race ffs pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭chancer007

€40 in on the Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

chancer007 wrote: »
    €40 in on the Friday!

Standard enough really. Tickets could be got cheaper if you booked in advance.
    But 40e isn't the worst value really in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

kiers47 wrote: »
    Standard enough really. Tickets could be got cheaper if you booked in advance.
    But 40e isn't the worst value really in my eyes.

It’s cheaper to cheltenham ffs

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    It’s cheaper to cheltenham ffs

I dunno where you go in Cheltenham but the tatts tickets is £50. My couch at home is better than the kip the best mate enclosure so its not comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Will Samcro go CH? The 2/1 huge now if so, field looks muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

madmoose wrote: »
    Will Samcro go CH? The 2/1 huge now if so, field looks muck.

Jeez i think he should be about 5/1. Sharp 2 miles on good ground he has a fair bit to make up on melon and mtoy. This could really suit mtoy, but i dont have the confidence i had in him before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

antietam wrote: »
    Melon, a donkey of absolute extreme based on his breeding to win a NH top race.The worst champion hurdle ever on times this is my LAY Punchestown big ,big time..

Melon must be the most divisive nh horse in ireland. I think he is a great bit of stuff

Melon must be the most divisive nh horse in ireland. I think he is a great bit of stuff

Id be far from a Melon fan. Not from his lack of ability but he is almost always overbet. However it looks like he'll get his conditions here and will certainly be a price if Samcro rocks up.
    I think id be a backer if the market goes the way i think its going to go.

• Advertisement

aidankkk wrote: »
    Jeez i think he should be about 5/1. Sharp 2 miles on good ground he has a fair bit to make up on melon and mtoy. This could really suit mtoy, but i dont have the confidence i had in him before.

It’s a poor field with horses that rarely get their heads in front. Samcro has plenty of gears so the drop back at a sharp track would be fine.

I know they said he was but will Identity Thief be turning up for the stayers on Thursday as i’m tempted to back it now at 7/1, after Aintree he could be half that if declared.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

madmoose wrote: »
    I know they said he was but will Identity Thief be turning up for the stayers on Thursday as i’m tempted to back it now at 7/1, after Aintree he could be half that if declared.

William Hill still 6/1 on Bacardys for the Stayers. Seems more than fair to me, as short as 7/2 elsewhere.

Dutch those two, have to respect Bacardys who won at the meeting a year ago, surely due a race where he gets around!!

Love this meeting because in recwnt experience taking on the favs is profitable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Trainers(especially Mullins) 2nd and 3rd strings this week I'll be backing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Western Boy to repeat last year's win ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

gazza1 wrote: »
    Western Boy to repeat last year's win ?

Beaten by another in the same colors that will love good ground.. Hopefully, and depending on prices..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

aidankkk wrote: »
    Beaten by another in the same colors that will love good ground.. Hopefully, and depending on prices..

Odd jockey bookings. Could be to put people off the obvious one if we're thinking along similar lines :pac:

Odd jockey bookings. Could be to put people off the obvious one if we're thinking along similar lines :pac:

If your talking Ballyoisin and Ten Ten then its plainly because Barry cannot do 10 stone unless he cut off a foot :pac:

Id imagine he would have picked Ballyoisin anyway considering he has potentionally nearly 2 stone in hand of his hurdle rating when compared to his chase rating.

Not always that easy but it is a fair whack in this sort of race.

Unless of course your thinking something further down the betting? In which case im quite intrigued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Ivanovich id imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sharjah each way for me at 20s. Will love this better ground so hopefully we don't see too much more rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Western Boy to repeat. Fairly confident after a Mullins live one didnt make the lineup.

I'd say Cartwright will improve a fair bit on better ground and a good price w/o GAB would be tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Western Boy to repeat. Fairly confident after a Mullins live one didnt make the lineup.

I'd say Cartwright will improve a fair bit on good ground and a good price w/o GAB would be tempting.

If you fancy him or anything else for that matter i wouldn't bother with the w/o market, i'd be very shocked if Hardline doesn't hassle Getabird early which along with the decent ground could give him plenty of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

If you fancy him or anything else for that matter i wouldn't bother with the w/o market, i'd be very shocked if Hardline doesn't hassle Getabird early which along with the decent ground could give him plenty of trouble.

Hardline surely well over the top at this stage, can't see him bothering Getabird too much!
    Re Cartwright I should have said e/w W/o fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

My Fancys for tomorrow:

4.20 Vision Des Flos (Refund if Getabird wins)
    4.55 Low Sun.
    6.05 That's a Given. (Nap) (Can't imagine Hobbs sending one over for a bumper if it didn't have a real chance)
    6.40 Finians Oscar.
    7.15 Final list.

Enniskillen, GetaBird, Douvan, Monalee in an ACCA.

• Site Banned Posts: 28 FelchWivMe

apparently Mullins refuses to jack off any of his male horses because he wants their testosterone levels to be high before the races. during the off season though, he jacks them off all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Niallers87

FelchWivMe wrote: »
    apparently Mullins refuses to jack off any of his male horses because he wants their testosterone levels to be high before the races. during the off season though, he jacks them off all the time

You should maybe take some of that advice given what happens u in the tallagt gym🀣🀣🀣

• Site Banned Posts: 28 FelchWivMe

Niallers87 wrote: »
    You should maybe take some of that advice given what happens u in the tallagt gym������

very true actually. dunno if mullins would be too happy about pumping one out for me tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

kiers47 wrote: »
    If your talking Ballyoisin and Ten Ten then its plainly because Barry cannot do 10 stone unless he cut off a foot :pac:

Id imagine he would have picked Ballyoisin anyway considering he has potentionally nearly 2 stone in hand of his hurdle rating when compared to his chase rating.

Not always that easy but it is a fair whack in this sort of race.

Ten Ten hasn't a hope! Lovely horse and chaser in making but first run in a handicap such as this = no chance. Doubt he will be that busy either. Not really JP's style to go for one first time in a handicap

Advertisement