Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2,000 Guineas Newmarket 5-05-2018

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Derby winner, pissed in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Well done Kiers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Printing money laying these Godolphin yokes in the top races. Will go backwards from here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Tip Two Win was 143.36 Betfair starting price

Saxon Warrior was the oldest horse in the race, Tip Two Win was the youngest, 116 days between them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Slattsy wrote: »
    Well done Kiers :)

Cheers Slattsy. He done it nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Extremely impressive performance.

Tanked through the race and hit the front about a furlong too soon. Class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

diomed wrote: »
    Saxon Warrior was the oldest horse in the race, Tip Two Win was the youngest, 116 days between them.

Will be the closest the second will ever get to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The record for May born horses for this race is horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

That Saxon Warrior is a classy beast who looks something like a Nijinsky without the precocious speed. Hopefully now we're going to have a vintage year of flat racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Trifix et al, has the game dun changed? In terms of deep impact etc someone write a massive post on the stallions thread please

I notice the winner of the 17:20 at Newmarket, Symbolization, won that one mile 3yo 0-105 handicap in 1m 36.94s carrying 9-7 "Went right and bumped leaving stalls".
    The horse who finished second, Curiosity, carried 8-9 "Went left and bumped leaving stalls".
    Symbolization is entered in the Irish 2000 Guineas and the St James Palace Stakes. He might be one for the notebook.

Saxon Warrior won the 2000 Guineas in 1m 36.55 carrying 9-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Kauto wrote: »
    Printing money laying these Godolphin yokes in the top races. Will go backwards from here

Ain't you just the smartest.

I notice the winner of the 17:20 at Newmarket, Symbolization, won that one mile 3yo 0-105 handicap in 1m 36.94s carrying 9-7 "Went right and bumped leaving stalls".
    The horse who finished second, Curiosity, carried 8-9 "Went left and bumped leaving stalls".
    Symbolization is entered in the Irish 2000 Guineas and the St James Palace Stakes. He might be one for the notebook.

Saxon Warrior won the 2000 Guineas in 1m 36.55 carrying 9-0.

I wonder what O'Brien will send to the Curragh. Normally I'd really be interested in his 2,000 Guineas flop leaving its Newmarket form behind. I don't think Gustav Klimt ran badly enough to put down his performance as a flop so there's not a lot there to work on.

I think Gustav Klimt and Saxon Warrior were both a little short of full fitness.
    That might also apply to most of the field.
    It was strange to give Gustav Klimt a prep run on heavy.

The runner up had two runs abroad and that could have been a big help to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

The only thing that would worry me about opposing Saxon Warrior (other than the fact that I think it might be the best three year old of the season) is that in the last 3 years for the Guineas, all three winners were born in January. Saxon Warrior is the only horse in the field that was born on January, so should have a minor advantage.
    I should really have listened to my own advice.

The only consolation, is that I have this antepost for the Derby. Before anyone goes aftertime ansell on me, I have been very keen on those horse since last year, I believe I was the first to mention it at all, let alone as being a Derby contender.

One sure thing out of all this is that horses out of Deep Impact and with Galileo on the damsire side have probably doubled in value as a result of this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

I should really have listened to my own advice.

The only consolation, is that I have this antepost for the Derby. Before anyone goes aftertime ansell on me, I have been very keen on those horse since last year, I believe I was the first to mention it at all, let alone as being a Derby contender.

One sure thing out of all this is that horses out of Deep Impact and with Galileo on the damsire side have probably doubled in value as a result of this race.

Didnt mention backing him once. You are an embarassment.

tryfix wrote: »
    I wonder what O'Brien will send to the Curragh. Normally I'd really be interested in his 2,000 Guineas flop leaving its Newmarket form behind. I don't think Gustav Klimt ran badly enough to put down his performance as a flop so there's not a lot there to work on.
    I want to see the €1.4 million Walk In The Sun (Jeremy Noseda) run.
    That was his target but my guess is it will miss the race.

I want to see the €1.4 million Walk In The Sun (Jeremy Noseda) run.
    That was his target but my guess is it will miss the race.

He's an interesting one, but it's unlikely that he's going to progress quickly enough to be troubling the judge in Gp1 races.

We were talking about Gustav Klimt yesterday and it struck me that he looks and runs a lot like Mars ( an old boards favourite to laugh at, remember the Mars, Mars, Mars thread ). A quirky horse without a trip who was always threatening to win a big one but who could never get beyond placing in the big ones.

Gustav is a full brother to Mars, if we'd absorbed that before the 2,000 Guineas then we'd have been prepared for his performance. It also puts him in with a chance of making it to Epsom where his brother ran well.

Advertisement