Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 World Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Coventry man has smartened up and got himself a sky blue and white shirt with collar. So no sports gear rule is taken seriously.

I thought at first it was their 1914/15 kit and that he had upped his game. Terrible killjoys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Remember the talk of Ronnie missing this to be in Australia? That dried up pretty quickly. Not a hint of him missing it since he said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The 9 frame 1st sessions came in a couple of years ago IIRC. Just caught the last couple of frames this morning, Selby can't possibly come back from this. The match sharpness from the qualifiers is a big help.

Playing in the qualifiers certainly does no harm anyway I’m sure. Though doubt that could be any excuse for OSullivan here. He’d be 4-0 down to Ronnie Wood the way he’s playing.

Well this is terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ben36

zuutroy wrote: »
    Remember the talk of Ronnie missing this to be in Australia? That dried up pretty quickly. Not a hint of him missing it since he said it.

He was talking about this years Uk championship not the worlds

• Advertisement

zuutroy wrote: »

Oh ok,i thought you talking about the interview he gave about him going on this years I'm a Celebrity which is on around the same time as the UK Championship

Ah yes I remember that one too. Needs 3/5 here to have a chance. Maguire is the type of guy who can get very 'woe is me' when things go against him so that's Ronnie's lifeline.

Hopefully,it won't be the same with him gone after the first round.Tournament will be blown right open with him and Selby in trouble after the first round.

• Advertisement

Virgo is so bad. One loose red = 'gilt edged opportunity'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

ben36 wrote: »
    Hopefully,it won't be the same with him gone after the first round.Tournament will be blown right open with him and Selby in trouble after the first round.

My O'Sullivan/Selby final bet not looking too clever right now...Feels like Ronnie's been doing this "I've lost my love for snooker, I might quit" thing for about 15 years now, must be really tiresome for serious snooker fans. Course everyone knows he doesn't mean and now he's coming up to actual retirement age he's going to drag every last ounce of his career, come back year after year losing to journeymen in the first round...

My O'Sullivan/Selby final bet not looking too clever right now...Feels like Ronnie's been doing this "I've lost my love for snooker, I might quit" thing for about 15 years now, must be really tiresome for serious snooker fans. Course everyone knows he doesn't mean and now he's coming up to actual retirement age he's going to drag every last ounce of his career, come back year after year losing to journeymen in the first round...

Impossible to know what goes on in the dark caverns if that fascinating mind. I am as certain as can be that he still truly loves the game and would dearly love to match or even beat Hendrys record but there’s a part of him that just can’t get over the relentless slog that is crucible fortnight. He’s a drama in himself and will be always interesting as well as thrilling to watch.

He went 8/13 favourite when he was 30 up in this frame. It's like a switch just flipped.

You don’t try to figure this guy out. Just watch and enjoy the ride!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Ronnie 6-3 down after session 1, not quite as dire straits as Selby but still a lot to do to win...

A fair result I think. Overall a very poor session for ROS, one briefly sustained flourish apart. Fascinatingly poised though, csnt predict how it will go, although in trouble it’s always hard to go against Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

That Coventry supporter is hogging that seat for far too long, must be over a decade,I hope now that the season tickets have been scrapped at the end of the championships that someone else gets in for a change,same faces at this for too long

The season tickets are a relic of an older era when there were lots of empty seats and people were rewarded for their loyalty. I can’t recall if there was a time limit on the contract but it seems to have taken Hearn some time to get their measure. Have sympathy for them and will miss them but they had a good go of it too in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The season tickets are a relic of an older era when there were lots of empty seats and people were rewarded for their loyalty. I can’t recall if there was a time limit on the contract but it seems to have taken Hearn some time to get their measure. Have sympathy for them and will miss them but they had a good go of it too in fairness.

I wonder what happened to the lad with the big Afro he was nearly at every match but I haven’t seen him in a couple of years.

• Advertisement

I wonder what happened to the lad with the big Afro he was nearly at every match but I haven’t seen him in a couple of years.

Have to admit I don’t recall him snake. Probably been a few drop outs over the years.

Wobbly as fcuk here Perry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Great win for Perry 10-4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Very disappointing from Selby.

Really expected him to up his game at the Crucible with his stellar record over the past four years.

Top quarter is wide open now.

Ali Carter is losing 6-2 to a guy who has yet to make a 50 break. I’m trying to remember when Ali was good and am struggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

5 matches started out today where the qualifier led in 4 of the 5. With Perry obviously closing his match out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

5 matches started out today where the qualifier led in 4 of the 5. With Perry obviously closing his match out.

Yeah it seems the lads who came through the qualifiers are match sharp while the top 16 players who haven’t played in a week or two are struggling.
    Delighted Shelby is out so we don’t have to listen to Dennis going on about Vicky

The subject of the qualifiers has cropped up before and I remember seeing stats that showed the non seeds hadn’t done that well when they reached the crucible. Personally I just think it’s evidence that the standard of the top 16 isn’t that great at the moment. Lot of those guys are just there to be beaten.

Selby was just off today, hard to keep coming back year after year, especially playing the type of attritional stuff he likes to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Ken Dockatee.
    Taylor exhaling loudly through his nose, can the producers not say anything to him?. Plus, JV, please open your mouth when speaking. I want big Willy back, a true gent, and snooker mastermind.
    Glad Selby is gone, hopefully Ronnie to follow so all the gushing will stop.
    I hope a qualifier wins it, the game needs it.

Advertisement