Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Cadetship - 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

goblin59 wrote: »
    PFO?

Please F**k Off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭goblin59

ah

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lalaken123

Anyone hear anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Spoke with a friend who made it through the two interviews, he told me they were told it would be two weeks until they find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lalaken123

Yes I was told 2/3 weeks as well and I was in the first few days of assessments! Some people were told August that were in the second week and I can only think that the reason for this is that they will be the second group starting in January. So first week of assessments they will pick 12-15 for a November start and the second week will be 12-15 for January start!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Maximus747

I’m in the no email no call camp. Heard from a transatlantic pilot that they are creating a data base for future cadet programmes rather than filtering through thousands of CVs and results every time they do a new cadetship. There is a shortage of pilots in the industry but also a limit to how many an airline can train every year. I’d imagine the accountants aren’t crazy about the costs that an airline incurs. However it wouldn’t surprise me if they start getting in touch with people in the middle of next year to set up another assement day. For myself I’ve just applied for a first officer program privately as my timeframes won’t allow me to wait any longer. Keep the faith!

how much was the private training?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Maximus747

goblin59 wrote: »
    how much was the private training?

All in its going to be just over 100k. Killer. But have been working my arse off for 6 years to do it.

****, thats some cost!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Dazzler91

Finally got my rejection email, which is madness as I am better than all of you who got through, I should have been the First choice and you weasels below me!!!! Nah jokes, best of luck to those who got through and to everyone who didn't keep chugging along, we'll all get there in the end :D heads up to sky, cause we will fly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Mckclaudia

Still no call or email yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MGC_07

Has anyone who got through to the interview stage during assessments heard anything back? I was told 2 weeks but no word yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

Is anyone still waitin on a pfo from before the interviews?

i am

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BBD68822

MGC_07 wrote: »
    Has anyone who got through to the interview stage during assessments heard anything back? I was told 2 weeks but no word yet.
    I was told 2-3 weeks and did the interview in the 2nd week of assessments. I'd imagine anyone successful will hear this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

GTTDI GOD wrote: »
    Is anyone still waitin on a pfo from before the interviews?

Yes an absolute joke in 2018 tbh. Bulk send the pfo email.

still nothing in the spam mail

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mckclaudia

Actually laughing at this point but still flying the flag for the no call no email camp!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

Mckclaudia wrote: »
    Actually laughing at this point but still flying the flag for the no call no email camp!!

Yea, another week, ridiculous at this point.

same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Maxed-irl

some have been called for the next stage with the psychiatrist . I'm in the boat of did interview and waiting to be rejected lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Irdder

Maxed-irl wrote: »
    some have been called for the next stage with the psychiatrist . I'm in the boat of did interview and waiting to be rejected lol
    I'm also waiting! I wonder in what order they're calling people back. One guy got called at 3pm and he attended the 23rd. The other guy got called at 5pm and he attended a week earlier. Only two people have been called according to the fb group.

Irdder wrote: »
    I'm also waiting! I wonder in what order they're calling people back. One guy got called at 3pm and he attended the 23rd. The other guy got called at 5pm and he attended a week earlier. Only two people have been called according to the fb group.

I'd say it'll be all random just based on who's the best rather than dates they attended

Maxed-irl wrote: »
    Irdder wrote: »

I'd say it'll be all random just based on who's the best rather than dates they attended

I would guess they ranked candidates and called them in that order then!

Seemingly a few are getting the nod to psych this morning according to the FB page.

BBD68822 wrote: »
    Seemingly a few are getting the nod to psych this morning according to the FB page.

just saw that . still no call

Been a loooong quiet couple of days. I expect we're at the end of the road this time around!

I'd say so unfortunately and I'd have been good at it too. poor interview so only myself to blame

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kuyashi

Hi folks, just an FYI update. I received my PFO today. Disappointed, but a great opportunity nonetheless.
    Best of luck to all.

• Advertisement

Kuyashi wrote: »
    Hi folks, just an FYI update. I received my PFO today. Disappointed, but a great opportunity nonetheless.
    Best of luck to all.
    Sorry to hear, what stage were you at?

Advertisement