Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AI Senior Hurling- Liam McCarthy Cup 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

spurshero wrote: »
    Good lad . If ya can’t see the ref done his best to keep Clare in it no point me explaining things to ya.

All refs tend to do that in fairness. If Galway/Limerick/Cork were down a point it’d be the same thing in their favour, rightly or wrongly it’s to be expected at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Why did the Clare player launch the ball into the full forward line with practically the last puck of the game instead of carrying it forward and looking for a pass to get a point and force extra time? Did he think they needed a goal? Major F-up there.

We only see what the camera is showing. I would be surprised if there was an easy pass on. Galway most likely had 13 or 14 players back. It’s easy be a critic from the armchair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Peter Duggan is a fine hurler but Jesus does he try way too hard to be the star man always.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭equivariant

Clare will be having nightmares about that missed goal chance and the miss from the easy free. Galway were extremely lucky to get out of that alive (I'm a Galway fan btw). Hopefully they can everyone fit for limerick otherwise they could be in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

dirtyden wrote: »
    We only see what the camera is showing. I would be surprised if there was an easy pass on. Galway most likely had 13 or 14 players back. It’s easy be a critic from the armchair.

I agree but a hail mary from your own 45 instead of finding a player or carrying it forward yourself into midfield when all you need is a point is the wrong decision.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭CowGoesMoo100

Totally agree. The heart and courage shown by that Clare team was amazing. They will win an AI again soon.

They won't imo. This year was their chance. Tipp,KK,Waterford won't be as bad as they were this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What happened duggan for the free did he just miss hit it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I agree but a hail mary from your own 45 instead of finding a player or carrying it forward yourself into midfield when all you need is a point is the wrong decision.
    Probably didn't think they had time to play it through the middle.

• Administrators Posts: 53,553 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Blocked by Galway. He hit it really low.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

spurshero wrote: »
    Good lad . If ya can’t see the ref done his best to keep Clare in it no point me explaining things to ya.

Time added at the end was justified as there was a bad injury and then keeper took 25 seconds to puck it out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Seemed to rush taking it, hit it low and got blocked by the first man.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The closeness and excitement of the match masked a lot of poor play. Poor by the standards of these teams.

At one point, it seemed like it was Galway's championship to lose but not sure now who I'd give the edge to for the final. Limerick's strength off the bench might be the deciding factor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Totally agree. The heart and courage shown by that Clare team was amazing. They will win an AI again soon.

They won't in 2018 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Galway were 1-9 after 21 minutes right? So including injury time that would imply 0-8 in 57 minutes of hurling. Pretty grim reading that.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TL17

The closeness and excitement of the match masked a lot of poor play. Poor by the standards of these teams.

Indeed.
    Lot poor play. Would have to fancy limerick now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Galway were 1-9 after 21 minutes right? So including injury time that would imply 0-8 in 57 minutes of hurling. Pretty grim reading that.

And Clare the time with the massive wide tally this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Amprodude wrote: »
    Great stuff Galway. Clare don't deserve to be there they were beaten twice already this year. wouldn't look right winning an All Ireland losing twice. The ref did his best to save Clare. adios.

Ref gave Clare plenty of chances. I don't think Galway were great in possession and looked tired near the end. A smarter team than Clare would have finished them off. Whelan was great again..but I'd give Limerick every chance now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭spurshero

Galway should have been down to 14 men, certainly got away with that one.
    Noveight wrote: »
    All refs tend to do that in fairness. If Galway/Limerick/Cork were down a point it’d be the same thing in their favour, rightly or wrongly it’s to be expected at this stage.

I’m on about the entire game !not the last min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

awec wrote: »
    Blocked by Galway. He hit it really low.

Massive miss. Lost them the game.

Massive miss. Lost them the game.

He was too cocky anyway in his approach. he thought he was invincible.

• Advertisement

Canning is very cranky in matches and it doesn't help him. His wide tally was big although he got some great scores. I don't think he was man of the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Canning is very cranky in matches and it doesn't help him. His wide tally was big although he got some great scores. I don't think he was man of the match.

Looked like Cleary was doing a good bit of pulling off him, wouldn’t entirely blame him for getting frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

I thought Joe Cooney was outstanding and would deserve man of the match - he made a seamless transition from forwards to backs

Yeah I would have given Joe Cooney man of the match too. It's a credit to Galway that they are in the final after this many games unbeaten. However I just have a feeling if Limerick get any lead on them then they 'll find it very hard to respond. 2 weeks is plenty of time to recover but psychologically maybe not....

Yeah I would have given Joe Cooney man of the match too. It's a credit to Galway that they are in the final after this many games unbeaten. However I just have a feeling if Limerick get any lead on them then they 'll find it very hard to respond. 2 weeks is plenty of time to recover but psychologically maybe not....

They be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Patww79 wrote: »
    Pity that. A Clare v Limerick final would have been brilliant. Galway cantering to it again isn't much to look forward to (unless you're from Galway of course).

My god have you watched any matches this yr?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭donnem33

The hype in limerick will be out of this world though; and rightly so too considering their last final was 2007. It will be interesting to see how it affects the players. In general, with the exception of this years league game we have generally always had limericks number in important games.

Looking forward to the build up for the next 2 weeks. Recovery will be key. Wednesday night will be a great opportunity for Sean Loftus and Thomas Monaghan to attemp push themselves up the pecking order with a good performance with the u21.

With minor and senior teams in the final we should get a decent allocation of tickets - exciting times for us supporters!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

What would they need to psychologically recover from? They haven’t lost a championship game in two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭bamayang

Did anyone find the camera work fustrating as hell throughout. It was either zoomed out to the whole field where you couldn’t see who had the call, or zoomed into the players chest where you couldn’t tell if there was support or defenders near.
    Someone said to me “that must be the B team with the A team on duty in Croker”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,333 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Thought he was superb in the 2nd half. Showed real leadership considering he's taken some punishment last week and today. Cleary was basically wrestling him over the two games. He definitely lost his cool for a bit today but really stood up when needed.

Advertisement