Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical weapon used on civilians in Syria + Airstrikes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

You lads just hate that don't yas..

Pound for pound the US is far worse than Russia has ever been

Yeah, thats a load of rubbish

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Totally agree.
    I have no problem discussing it with someone talking sense.
    But not with the numerous wind up merchants on here who claim its a false flag operation and then disappear when you mention the Russians opposing a thorough investigation.
    Wind up merchants.
    An group of OPCW investigators has arrived in Syria. Who's blocking an investigation?

Anyone who thinks that a group (Jaysh al-Islam) that puts women in cages isn't capable of using children for a fake gas attack is living in la-la land!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

An group of OPCW investigators has arrived in Syria. Who's blocking an investigation?

Russia will and not for the first or tenth time either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Its not for ME to prove it. Its for an independent chemical weapons group to investigate at the site of the incident, report their findings and with enough evidence apportion blame.

You know the type of investigation the Russians vetoed.

So try again Chrongen. Your Russian friends are trying their utmost to prevent a thorough investigation. Why is that if they are confident its a false flag operation?

I expect some nonsense from you about airsoft using armchair generals and the like.

Theres an intersting link between airsoft players on boards and support of a vastly militarised society like the US. Worth pointing that out.

The Russians also wanted an investigation.

The real question here is why the world or the U.N. is allowing the US to run roughshod over international law again. Nobody to control the empire I suppose.

The rest of the world needs to wake up or the US will destroy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Theres an intersting link between airsoft players on boards and support of a vastly militarised society like the US. Worth pointing that out.

The Russians also wanted an investigation.

The real question here is why the world or the U.N. is allowing the US to run roughshod over international law again. Nobody to control the empire I suppose.

The rest of the world needs to wake up or the US will destroy it.

Its not worth pointing out. Its just part of your long wind up of everyone on this thread. Why you bother is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

smurgen wrote: »
    Russia should sink a carrier.The U.S needs to be rattled.

Russia knows full well they can not compete in a conventional war with the US never mind with it's allies.

The sheer capacity and scale of the US military is light years beyond Russia. The two are not comparable at all in reality.

So Russia depends more on nuclear sabre rattling. Russia has been a country in decline since the end of the Cold War. It's population is plunging. It's economy is smaller than Italy's. A lot of it's miltary and nuclear hardware (including missiles) are antiquated and according to the CIA most are not operable.

It's a country with really big problems.

But anyway we are where we are.

Do you think the russians will try to take them on head to head?they are not stupid,they know their lack to hardware and short comings.they will fight using asymmetric warfare. Sinking 1 aircraft carrier will reduce the U.S navel forces by 10% and cause a severe demoralising effect on U.S forces. The Russians would have easy wins at the beginning should this conflict escalate.

Utter bolloxolgy ,

Have to say love being the centre of the "mean girls" attention ....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,793 ✭✭✭✭bilston

It's coming up to 6am in Washington. We must be due a tweet quite soon...I wonder how Donald is feeling this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

If ever we have nuclear war it will be started by Russia.

In the Cold War it was always thought that the West might have to resort to nuclear weapons to stop thousands of Russian tanks.

Now Russia faces massive outnumbering in smart weapons. One scenario is that the Russians try to unsuccessfully sink a US carrier. A Russian submarine commander decides to use a nuclear torpedo & triggers WW3.

There has been a lot of discussions between the US & Russia to try to ensure that this escalation can't happen.

Do you think the russians will try to take them on head to head?they are not stupid,they know their lack to hardware and short comings.they will fight using asymmetric warfare. Sinking 1 aircraft carrier will reduce the U.S navel forces by 10% and cause a severe demoralising effect on U.S forces. The Russians would have easy wins at the beginning should this conflict escalate.

Based off what exactly ,

• Advertisement

I see the pathetic Stop the War coalition handed in a letter protesting UK military action over the use of chemical weapons.

Stooges of Assad and Russia at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I don't get why everyone is a russian bot who has a modicum of skepticism about this from a pure logical perspective, or even due to the fact that America happen to be on the side of Islamists, which makes me extremely uncomfortable at best.

I'm pro american, of the 'superpowers' I want America to stay on top geo-politically but this whole thing has my eyebrow right up in the air. Is that really so impossible to believe, or am I a bot?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I don't get why everyone is a russian bot who has a modicum of skepticism about this from a pure logical perspective, or even due to the fact that America happen to be on the side of Islamists, which makes me extremely uncomfortable at best.

I'm pro american, of the three superpowers I want America to 'stay on top' geo-politically but this whole thing has my eyebrow right up in the air. Is that really so impossible to believe, or am I a bot?

is there anybody displaying a 'modicum' of skepticism about this? they are all straight up this is a false flag operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I see the pathetic Stop the War coalition handed in a letter protesting UK military action over the use of chemical weapons.

Stooges of Assad and Russia at this stage.

Hmm, or perhaps those who know that military action without defintive proof is a dangerous game ( and one the U.K. has played 15 years ago too lest we forget) and will inevitably lead to more civilian casualties. But who gives a **** about them right? Certaintly not the U.K military.

Interesting video here from the Former Ambassador to Syria... is he a stooge?:
    https://youtu.be/3j_Z1f84Ps8

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

bilston wrote: »
    It's coming up to 6am in Washington. We must be due a tweet quite soon...I wonder how Donald is feeling this morning...
    The rumours are there are clashes between Mattis and Bolton over what direction to take.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

is there anybody displaying a 'modicum' of skepticism about this? they are all straight up this is a false flag operation.

Fair enough I can't recall all the posts about it, but there are equally people saying it's a chemicals weapons attack right off the bat, no? When it seems like the worst possible excuse Assad could give to the Americans to blow up his house. I read a good post about the strategic justification for the chemical attack which has tempered my view a bit, but I could forgive a lot of people for thinking it is too illogical to be taken at face value.

It's just one side is russian bots (ok not impossible that they may be a factorhere) but the other side is genuine. Very naive to think that every major player is not trying to subvert the other through manipulation of public sentiment abroad, through 'bots' or whatever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

One thing for sure is if they attack Iran then the Middle east will bleed red and it will trigger the destruction of both Israel and Saudi Arabia. Iran has an excellent defensive geography plus tens of millions of men at their disposal.

Putin, Kim and the Chinese should all deliver some Nuclear warheads to the Iranians; that would quickly stop the drumbeat of War as Israel would face MAD for the first time. The neocons like John Bolton are prophetically obsessed with Israel and end times, they are no different to ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Doltanian wrote: »
    One thing for sure is if they attack Iran then the Middle east will bleed red and it will trigger the destruction of both Israel and Saudi Arabia. Iran has an excellent defensive geography plus tens of millions of men at their disposal.

Putin, Kim and the Chinese should all deliver some Nuclear warheads to the Iranians; that would quickly stop the drumbeat of War as Israel would face MAD for the first time. The neocons like John Bolton are prophetically obsessed with Israel and end times, they are no different to ISIS.

There were various tinfoily theories that the Iranians got their hands on some suitcase nukes in the 1990s.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Gatling wrote: »

Based off what exactly ,

Floating giant targets. It's not a computer game.U.S domination is not guaranteed. If crappy 3rd world nations could inflict mass casualites using guerilla warfare against the U.S what do you think Russia could do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Floating giant targets. It's not a computer game.U.S domination is not guaranteed. If crappy 3rd world nations could inflict mass casualites using guerilla warfare against the U.S what do you think Russia could do?

As if the Russians haven't planned for this scenario,I believe they labelled the UKs new aircraft carrier one expensive sitting duck

• Advertisement

you talked about sinking an aircraft carrier. not sure what that has to do with guerrilla fighters. how exactly do you think the russians would do that?

As if the Russians haven't planned for this scenario,I believe they labelled the UKs new aircraft carrier one expensive sitting duck

well at least it wont need its own personal tug like the russian carrier.

well at least it wont need its own personal tug like the russian carrier.

Probably because Russia doesn't go around terrorising the world...they don't need aircraft carriers

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Harry Smit

Noticed that too. Very funny. Grown men rolling around in the woods with their tactical boots firing plastic pellets at each other and shouting PEW PEW PEW

They think they understand military tactics because they once stormed a burnt out Honda Civic "base" and captured the flag. :D
    Gatling wrote: »
    Utter bolloxolgy ,

Isn't it. Most adults left that toy soldiers game behind in the schoolyard.

Its not what the Russians would or wouldn't do. Its what retaliation the Americans would inflict in return and trust me they would.
    Sinking an aircraft carrier would essentially be a declaration of war. You think the Americans are going to laugh it off? Of course they aren't. They would bring the full might of their forces against the Russians. We can take it as a given the Russians aren't stupid enough to sink a US carrier.

Harry Smit wrote: »
    Noticed that too. Very funny. Grown men rolling around in the woods with their tactical boots firing plastic pellets at each other and shouting PEW PEW PEW

They think they understand military tactics because they once stormed a burnt out Honda Civic "base" and captured the flag. :D

Isn't it. Most adults left that toy soldiers game behind in the schoolyard.

And what re-reg are you?

Probably because Russia doesn't go around terrorising the world...they don't need aircraft carriers

so they sailed it to the med just for the day out then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

This thread has degenerated somewhat into who has the most unsinkable ships.

Back on topic... Where's the proof for the Chemical attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

This thread has degenerated somewhat into who has the most unsinkable ships.

Back on topic... Where's the proof for the Chemical attack?

In the hands of the French and US intelligence agencies and the labs they used to test the samples.

• Advertisement

Moscow has “irrefutable” data that the incident in Douma, Syria was staged by the intelligence services of a foreign state pushing a “Russophobic campaign,” Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov stated.

“We have irrefutable evidence that it was another staging, and the special services of a state which is in the forefront of the Russophobic campaign had a hand in the staging,” Lavrov said at a news conference with his Dutch counterpart Stef Blok on Friday.

Let's hope the Russians disclose this information

Advertisement