Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical weapon used on civilians in Syria + Airstrikes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Russia knows full well they can not compete in a conventional war with the US never mind with it's allies.

The sheer capacity and scale of the US military is light years beyond Russia. The two are not comparable at all in reality.

So Russia depends more on nuclear sabre rattling. Russia has been a country in decline since the end of the Cold War. It's population is plunging. It's economy is smaller than Italy's. A lot of it's miltary and nuclear hardware (including missiles) are antiquated and according to the CIA most are not operable.

It's a country with really big problems.

But anyway we are where we are.

OK, Patton. Would you care to explain?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nato-war-with-russia_us_59381db9e4b0b13f2c65e892

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

You are the one defending the Russian regime that has journalists murdered, opposition imprisoned and is a defacto dictatorship.

So it is very relevant to the conversation.

And when did I defend the Russian regime?
    Tell me. If you don't like people decrying Washington's lies then don't lie yourself by accusing them of something they didn't do.

If you don't like people questioning the crap that you so readily swallow then don't default to the weak defense of accusing them of something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Chrongen wrote: »
    And did pouring water on your head help?
    Would you call it an effective way of killing?

Were you mixing Chlorine GAS? And if so where did you get such a gas? Off the shelf? So you could have easily poisoned anybody, no?

Mix 2 household cleaning products the wrong way and you have a "oh ****" moment, open the windows and run.

Killing moles is the same. The stuff clings to the ground as it is denser than air.

Anyone can make chlorine gas. But only a military power can make it on the scale of WW1 or Syria.

These are not guys mixing bleach. It was done on an industrial scale that only a purpose built lab could do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

prinzeugen wrote: »
    These are not guys mixing bleach. It was done on an industrial scale that only a purpose built lab could do.

How do you know that? As far as I'm aware the number of victims suffering from chemicals is unknown but doesn't seem to be vast from any account.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

smurgen wrote: »
    Russia should sink a carrier.The U.S needs to be rattled.

Within hours Russia would no longer have a fleet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

How exactly does one get weapons into a country when there is an illegal LAND, SEA and AIR blockade on the place? Magic carpets? Teletransportation?

You can't even get a box of bandages into Yemen. And it's got ZERO to do with Iran meddling. The West installed a warlord that the Yemenis didn't recognise. Go do some objective research why don't you.

The weapons are apparently smuggled in through the Oman via land. Articles about this describe the border as 'porous'. Have you not read about the Saudi's intercepting missiles over Riadh, fired from Yemen? They sure didn't make those themselves.

And did pouring water on your head help?
    Would you call it an effective way of killing?

Were you mixing Chlorine GAS? And if so where did you get such a gas? Off the shelf? So you could have easily poisoned anybody, no?

Pouring water on the skin would help as it would rapidly dilute the chlorine. the main purpose is to try and wash it out of eyes. The lungs and throat would be a bigger problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭mulbot

Discodog wrote: »
    Within hours Russia would no longer have a fleet.

The Russian threat to do this the other day has scared the crap out of the American regime

Serious question not related to sides here.

Avoiding bias - Do you think the Russian anti missile system is any good. I read conflicting reports.

It's regarded as a very good system. But like all radar guided missiles it's restricted by the range of the truck mounted radar - they try to overcome this by using a tower. The problem is that airborne radars can see it long before it can see the plane. It's then easy to sent a missile back down the radar beam.

Russia has claimed that it will shoot down any incoming missiles. The reason that Star Wars & anti missile defences can't work is because you might hit one missile but the other 50 will get through. Also cruise missiles can fly under the S400 radar.

mulbot wrote: »
    The Russian threat to do this the other day has scared the crap out of the American regime

Yes that must be why they are sending two carriers to the area :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭mulbot

Discodog wrote: »
    Yes that must be why they are sending two carriers to the area :rolleyes:

Both of which will do nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

mulbot wrote: »

Highly doubt it ,

When veiled threats or public threats are made sooner or later you have to back your Self up and actually try to do something ,in this case if they did threaten to take out 2 carriers Putin will have to have a go or end up looking all talk and no testicles.

Unless he thinks America retaliation would not wipe out his actual navy and likely airforces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭kaymin

Gatling wrote: »
    Highly doubt it ,

When veiled threats or public threats are made sooner or later you have to back your Self up and actually try to do something ,in this case if they did threaten to take out 2 carriers Putin will have to have a go or end up looking all talk and no testicles.

Unless he thinks America retaliation would not wipe out his actual navy and likely airforces

The reality is, if Russia was veering towards a defeat it's quite easy to see them use the nuclear option. It doesn't take much to set that path in motion and the US realises that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Latest.

Meetings ongoing.

According to other reports there is a rift between Bolton and Mattis on the nature of the response. My guess is Bolton wants something big. He is also obsessed with Iran.

It seems to me though that they believe they have the proof.

Bolton is the most evil and dangerous man on the planet. And this is a world where Kissinger is still alive.

Bolton is the most evil and dangerous man on the planet. And this is a world where Kissinger is still alive.

Well we have Vlad to thank for that. How ironic that he was 5hit scared of Hillary and pulled out all stops to tilt the table in Trump's direction.

Bet he's cursed himself several times for being so stupid.

Bolton is the most evil and dangerous man on the planet.

What did he do that made him the most Evil man on the planet

cnocbui wrote: »
    Well we have Vlad to thank for that. How ironic that he was 5hit scared of Hillary and pulled out all stops to tilt the table in Trump's direction.

Bet he's cursed himself several times for being so stupid.

None of that happened. That’s deep state and DNC fantasy. It’s interesting how people still people that putin controls an American president who has hired the most anti Russian and pro war cabinet ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

The insanity of the US coming closer to a war with Russia over Syria,is it really worth it for them?

Let's be honest they don't give a fiddlers about chemical weapons victims,they have their own dubious past with them

The insanity of the US coming closer to a war with Russia over Syria,is it really worth it for them?

Let's be honest they don't give a fiddlers about chemical weapons victims,they have their own dubious past with them

I’ve always thought the neo cons wanted a larger war in the region. One where they can expand to attack Iran and Israel can achieve more territory.

I’ve always thought the neo cons wanted a larger war in the region. One where they can expand to attack Iran and Israel can achieve more territory.

They certainly aren't doing it for the reasons they claim..

• Advertisement

None of that happened. That’s deep state and DNC fantasy. It’s interesting how people still people that putin controls an American president who has hired the most anti Russian and pro war cabinet ever.

It did happen and 'Deep State' is just a conspiracy nut-jobs wet dream. Any fool invoking it doesn't have to provide evidence or rationale, just utter the intellectually lazy phrase and job done.

Trump's immunity to sex scandal has rendered the Moscow tapes impotent. They would have worked on any other US politician who would be out of a job long ago with just one 'stormy Daniels' incident and Trump hasn't even been so much as flustered by two of them, with likely more in the wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Give us the ol death toll there for the Iraq war,how about Vietnam? Mai Lai massacre? Sure fcuk it throw in Nagasaki and Hiroshima aswell while you're at it

Whataboutery at its finest.
    Why stop there? What about the Native Americans, all of WW2, WW1, war of 1812, Civil War, etc etc.

Whereas everyone else has never been involved in war.

The thread is about Chemical Weapons use in Syria.

Whataboutery at its finest.
    Why stop there? What about the Native Americans, all of WW2, WW1, war of 1812, Civil War, etc etc.

Whereas everyone else has never been involved in war.

The thread is about Chemical Weapons use in Syria.

You lads just hate that don't yas..

Pound for pound the US is far worse than Russia has ever been

Any solid evidence to support this? Or did you just pull it out of your a**?

You lads just hate that don't yas..

Pound for pound the US is far worse than Russia has ever been

OK sensing you are on a wind up. I will give you another chance to start talking sense before I put you on ignore.

OK sensing you are on a wind up. I will give you another chance to start talking sense before I put you on ignore.

Aww sure take a number and get in line...bye

Best advice don't feed

I doubt they would need that. What I imagine they and most people with an IQ higher than single digits would like to see is proof to all these ludicrous accusations, allegations, innuendos and assumptions.

You see accusing somebody of something, stating in fuzzy ("we are confident") horsesh1t terms that this should be acceptable and then demanding that the accused prove their innocence or explain themselves doesn't work with people who have a functioning brainstem.

Such tricks might work with you but they didn't work, least of all with the little boy in the Hans Christian Anderson story, and they don't work for those who read "The boy who cried wolf" either.

I have a very original concept for you if you are interested. If you want somebody to believe that something is as water-tightly true as you claim it to be then simply provide PROOF. Bearing that in mind, if your proof turns out to be questionable. If it turns out that you are trying to fob off fabricated evidence then you are culpable as a liar.

It's very simple. If I tell you Mr X is dead and you just have to believe me, but you don't then I ought to provide PROOF. If I show you a picture of Mr. X lying on a sofa or on a bed or under a tree motionless.....we're getting there. But it still could be a charade by which you're unconvinced. If I finally show you MR X's bullet ridden corpse...then that ought to probably end the discussion.

You want people to believe that Assad and his military gassed 40 kids to death the PROVE IT.

Its not for ME to prove it. Its for an independent chemical weapons group to investigate at the site of the incident, report their findings and with enough evidence apportion blame.

You know the type of investigation the Russians vetoed.

So try again Chrongen. Your Russian friends are trying their utmost to prevent a thorough investigation. Why is that if they are confident its a false flag operation?

I expect some nonsense from you about airsoft using armchair generals and the like.

Best advice don't feed

Any sign of that link Gatling? You've skipped over this request a good few times

I sure would luvveee to see it...

• Advertisement

Best advice don't feed

Totally agree.
    I have no problem discussing it with someone talking sense.
    But not with the numerous wind up merchants on here who claim its a false flag operation and then disappear when you mention the Russians opposing a thorough investigation.
    Wind up merchants.

Advertisement