Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical weapon used on civilians in Syria + Airstrikes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Note that the Israelis did not enter Syrian airspace and the attacks were launched from Lebanon.
    There will be no US and French airstrikes against Syria because this "chemical attack" is YET another hoax strictly for the gullible masses. The sight of children being hosed down with presumably cold water for the cameras shows how depraved the western world has become!

Trump said Assad will pay a big price. I have a feeling they will strike in next 48 hours he looks weak now if he doesn't.

This clearly a false flag. Trump decides to pull out of Syria and Assad forces have taken about 95 percent of Ghouta back and Assad decides to use chemical weapons to kill children in Ghouta now?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,283 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Clearly there are some that watched the film Wag the Dog and thought it was a documentary.

Of course, those Oscar winning most photogenic "aid" workers in the world, probably the best paid "aid" workers in the world too.

It seems the UN are going to discuss this "chemical attack" BEFORE an investigation takes place which isn't surprising considering the direction that the UN has taken. It doesn't even try to be impartial anymore.

UN meeting today decision will be made after that I bet. With John Bolton in the White House today I am amazed if Trump did nothing? A limited strike hopefully and hopefully they don't hit Russian soldiers with cruise missiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

i have never posted in thread before, nor have i read the rest of the thread, now do i have any particular interest in this story beyond a basic humanitarian instinct of is'nt it all terrible.

however after watching the news yesterday i have come to the conclusion I'm being sold a line here. the story such as it was reported was, when i thought about it not believable, the lack of any detail or evidence of any kind was obvious. even the pictures and video could have been of almost anything.

what i cant quite figure out is why the likes of RTE would feel the need to engage in reporting propaganda, is it just lazy journalism?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭RandomName2

farmchoice wrote: »
    i have never posted in thread before, nor have i read the rest of the thread, now do i have any particular interest in this story beyond a basic humanitarian instinct of is'nt it all terrible.

however after watching the news yesterday i have come to the conclusion I'm being sold a line here. the story such as it was reported was, when i thought about it not believable, the lack of any detail or evidence of any kind was obvious. even the pictures and video could have been of almost anything.

what i cant quite figure out is why the likes of RTE would feel the need to engage in reporting propaganda, is it just lazy journalism?

RTE is pro-EU, and as such is anti-Russia, thus anti-Assad, therefore pro-rebel?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

The last desperate throw of the dice by the bought and paid for jihadists, owned by the west. The White Helmets have form in false flag choline attacks. Importantly, none of their claims re latest chemical attacks are verified, or even if they occurred at all. Desperate and disgusting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    And once again little children suffer the sheer folly of adults . Will we ever learn ? Its the same cycle of war and hatred and children suffering for something they have no control over
    We hear little of the children being bombed in Yemen or Mosul. The media might give it a few minutes every now and then but it's always very brief and matter of fact and then forgotten about for a few weeks until the media decide to give a disinterested token mention again.

We hear little of the children being bombed in Yemen or Mosul. The media might give it a few minutes every now and then but it's always very brief and matter of fact and then forgotten about for a few weeks until the media decide to give a disinterested token mention again.

For the second week in a row, the US on Friday blocked a UN Security Council statement calling for an independent probe into deadly clashes on the Gaza-Israel border while supporting the right of Palestinians to “demonstrate peacefully.”

Palestinian envoy to the UN Riyad Mansour claimed on Friday evening that 14 of the 15 Security Council members approved of the statement, with the lone holdout being the US, according to AFP. UN Security Council statements need to be approved by the five permanent members: the US, Russia, Britain, France and China.

This is the problem with the United States they pick what atrocities they like and don't like :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

We hear little of the children being bombed in Yemen or Mosul. The media

Talk about it on a near daily basis when it happens

More lies elmer

For the second week in a row, the US on Friday blocked a UN Security Council statement

There is a whole separate thread for that .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Trump said Assad will pay a big price. I have a feeling they will strike in next 48 hours he looks weak now if he doesn't.

This clearly a false flag. Trump decides to pull out of Syria and Assad forces have taken about 95 percent of Ghouta back and Assad decides to use chemical weapons to kill children in Ghouta now?

Yes.
    And its worked. A couple of days of chemical attacks and the rebels appear to have enough. It seems you can use chemical weapons with impunity.

If or when Assad and Putin turn their guns on Idlib, we can expect even more use of chemical weapons. Its worked well for them before so why not again?

And of course we will have people like you saying why does he need to use chemical weapons, he's winning and nonsense like that.

Angry bird wrote: »
    The last desperate throw of the dice by the bought and paid for jihadists, owned by the west. The White Helmets have form in false flag choline attacks. Importantly, none of their claims re latest chemical attacks are verified, or even if they occurred at all. Desperate and disgusting stuff.

Conspiracy Forum that way >>

farmchoice wrote: »

Ignorance is bliss. You've admitted on the one hand you know little about the story and yet finish by saying you are certain of something. Which is it?

UN meeting today decision will be made after that I bet. With John Bolton in the White House today I am amazed if Trump did nothing? A limited strike hopefully and hopefully they don't hit Russian soldiers with cruise missiles?

If this time around the west only give Assad another slap on the wrist which is equivalent to two thumbs up to continue gassing his people, then they are as complicit as Russia.

Yes.
    And its worked. A couple of days of chemical attacks and the rebels appear to have enough. It seems you can use chemical weapons with impunity.

If or when Assad and Putin turn their guns on Idlib, we can expect even more use of chemical weapons. Its worked well for them before so why not again?

And of course we will have people like you saying why does he need to use chemical weapons, he's winning and nonsense like that.

A Chemical weapons attack in Syria in 2013
    Testimony from victims strongly suggests it was the rebels, not the Syrian government, that used Sarin nerve gas during a recent incident in the revolution-wracked nation, a senior U.N. diplomat said Monday.

Carla del Ponte, a member of the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria, told Swiss TV there were “strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof,” that rebels seeking to oust Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad had used the nerve agent.

But she said her panel had not yet seen any evidence of Syrian government forces using chemical weapons, according to the BBC, but she added that more investigation was needed.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/6/syrian-rebels-used-sarin-nerve-gas-not-assads-regi/

Carla del Ponte,

Lol carla del ponte who was repeatedly discredited with her various statements on everything from nato warcrimes and claims of organ trafficking which she wrote a book about it but when she was asked to produce evidence to back up here claims she had zero evidence.

Eventually sacked ..

Terrible liar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

A Chemical weapons attack in Syria in 2013
    Testimony from victims strongly suggests it was the rebels, not the Syrian government, that used Sarin nerve gas during a recent incident in the revolution-wracked nation, a senior U.N. diplomat said Monday.

Carla del Ponte, a member of the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria, told Swiss TV there were “strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof,” that rebels seeking to oust Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad had used the nerve agent.

But she said her panel had not yet seen any evidence of Syrian government forces using chemical weapons, according to the BBC, but she added that more investigation was needed.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/6/syrian-rebels-used-sarin-nerve-gas-not-assads-regi/

She also claims that Assad attacked civilians in a chemical attack. Why did you neglect to include that information? Hiding something?
    In August 2017, Del Ponte resigned from the Commission, due to frustration at the lack of support from the international community: “We could not obtain from the international community and the Security Council a resolution putting in place a tribunal, an ad hoc tribunal for all the crimes that are committed in Syria... Seven years of crime in Syria and total impunity. That is not acceptable.”[13] She blamed Russia for vetoing action:[14] "Now a prosecutor should continue our work and bring the war criminals before a special court. But that is exactly what Russia is blocking with its veto in the U.N. Security Council".[15] She said Assad's government used chemical weapons the during the April 2017 Khan Shaykhun chemical attack,[13] and that the Commission has gathered enough evidence for President al-Assad to be convicted of war crimes.[15]

Gatling wrote: »
    Lol carla del ponte who was repeatedly discredited with her various statements on everything from nato warcrimes and claims of organ trafficking which she wrote a book about it but when she was asked to produce evidence to back up here claims she had zero evidence.

Eventually sacked ..

Terrible liar

She resigned over the failure of the UN to address chemical weapon use.
    In August 2017, Del Ponte resigned from the Commission, due to frustration at the lack of support from the international community: “We could not obtain from the international community and the Security Council a resolution putting in place a tribunal, an ad hoc tribunal for all the crimes that are committed in Syria... Seven years of crime in Syria and total impunity. That is not acceptable

Wrong she blamed Assad for another attack when Trump targetted a Syrian airbase.

The German Intelligence though found out this

President Bashar al-Assad did not personally order last month’s chemical weapons attack near Damascus that has triggered calls for US military intervention, a German newspaper has reported, citing unidentified, high-level national security sources.

The intelligence findings were based on phone calls intercepted by a German surveillance ship operated by the BND, the German intelligence service, and deployed off the Syrian coast, Bild am Sonntag said. The intercepted communications suggested Assad, who is accused of war crimes by the west, including foreign secretary William Hague, was not himself involved in last month’s attack or in other instances when government forces have allegedly used chemical weapons.

She also claims that Assad attacked civilians in a chemical attack. Why did you neglect to include that information? Hiding something?

There two different incidents that's why?

Donald Trump has condemned the “heinous” suspected poison gas attack in Syria and says he will make a decision on the US response within 24 to 48 hours.

Speaking to reporters as he convened his cabinet, Trump said: “We cannot allow atrocities like that” adding that he had “not much doubt” about who was behind the poison gas attack on the Damascus suburb of Douma which killed 42 people, and affected hundreds more.

“We’ll be making that decision very quickly probably by the end of the day. But we cannot allow atrocities like that,” Trump said. “Nothing is off the table,” he said, when asked if US military action was a possibility.

“If it’s Russia, if it’s Syria, if it’s Iran, if it’s all of them together, we’ll figure it out, and we’ll know the answers quite soon. So we’re looking at that very, very strongly,” Trump said, with his new, ultra-hawkish national security advisor, John Bolton, sitting directly behind him.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/09/russia-us-un-security-council-syria-douma-attack

• Advertisement

Donald Trump has condemned the “heinous” suspected poison gas attack in Syria and says he will make a decision on the US response within 24 to 48 hours

“If it’s Russia, if it’s Syria, if it’s Iran, if it’s all of them together, we’ll figure it out, and we’ll know the answers quite soon. So we’re looking at that very, very strongly,” Trump said,

Mustn't be taking any notice of russian threats then

Gatling wrote: »
    Mustn't be taking any notice of russian threats then

Strikes will likely be targetted. They have to be insane to target Russian troops. Still, we don't know exactly how Russia would respond if this not a limited strike and they go after Assad and try to assassinate him? Russia has warned they will act if these strikes threaten Russian troops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

archer22 wrote: »
    The Syrian government and their allies are winning...the terrorists and their masters are beyond desperate and doing desperate things to try and snatch victory from defeat.

It's all as plain as day.

BTW it's quite shocking though that there are people posting here in support of the kind of savages that have been running amok on the streets of Europe :eek:

You're claiming the victims of a chemical weapons attack are the savages? Christ, your entire post is disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭jackboy

Highly likely US action in the next couple of days. They will probably hit a few strictly military targets such as air or other military bases. It will be very intense and short duration.

As predicted UK could potentially be involved.

Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson held talks with allies key allies ahead of a meeting of the UN Security Council.

MPs warned against the UK “standing by and watching” as Syria plunged further in a “descent into hell”.

Today, Home Secretary Amber Rudd refused to be drawn on whether the Government would now launch an attack without a parliamentary vote. But she told BBC radio: “What we have seen ... is another horrific piece of activity in Syria, hurting children and families, and we need to make sure we have a strong international response.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/britain-urged-to-join-decisive-action-against-assad-over-chemical-weapons-attacks-a3809066.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

jackboy wrote: »
    Highly likely US action in the next couple of days. They will probably hit a few strictly military targets such as air or other military bases. It will be very intense and short duration.

Yeah, wouldn't want to be in the Syrian Air force this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Strikes will likely be targetted. They have to be insane to target Russian troops. Still, we don't know exactly how Russia would respond if this not a limited strike and they go after Assad and try to assassinate him? Russia has warned they will act if these strikes threaten Russian troops.

If the U.S hit Syria with anything more than a token response...depending on the target...Russia may target U.S troops in Manbij, Raqqa, Deir ez Zor or al-Tanf.

Russian S-400 will lkely be used on any U.S aircraft entering Syria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Assad is a tyrant who wants to cling onto power at all costs, if this means bombing the population and turning the country into something that looks like Dresden in 1945, so be it. The Russians are only to happy to go along with that, because they also have zero concerns for the population as long as they get the desired outcome.
    If I had the choice of being oppressed by US backed forces or Russian backed forces, I'd go for the US 10 times out of 10.
    Say what you want about them, but genocide, starvation and mass human rights abuses are not really their thing.
    You can be sure that these will be the hallmarks of Russian and Chinese meddling in Africa and the Middle East going forward.

You really have no historical understanding at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

If the U.S hit Syria with anything more than a token response...depending on the target...Russia may target U.S troops in Manbij, Raqqa, Deir ez Zor or al-Tanf.

It's not as simple as that.

the S-400 Battery is on the coast.
    Next to the cost, running almost the entire length of the country is a mountain range, running north to south.
    Anything east of these uplands are out of radar coverage.

the US more or less runs QRF over their forces in Syria from their 2 bases in Turkey.

If the US decides to be stupid, I think Russia has no real choice but to let it be over and done with.
    If such a hypothetical attack is anything like last year, it will be of modest damage anyway.

• Advertisement

I agree, Russia will respond if their troops got threatened and killed or this action is prolonged to take out Assad and his forces.

A limited strike like last time Russia will not risk WW3 for that.

Advertisement