Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 6 stuff

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My OnePlus 6 screen glitched and the selfie camera was full of dust.
    Sent it back to OnePlus for a repair and ended up quoted €160!
    Charged for more than just the screen, such as a replaced camera and battery cover.
    Still paid it though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

limnam wrote: »
    Is it correct to say the headphone jack is on the one plus 6, but not the 6t?

Yes, the 6T is just a 6 with some features removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Rmulvany

Have any OnePlus 6T users applied the tempered glass screen protector?
    I bought one of the official ones from the OnePlus store, the plastic screen protector developed two small bubbles which was annoying!

So I took my time when applying the glass protector, wiped and cleaned the screen and used the rubber phone cover as a guide all as instructed, I fought with the many small bubbles but eventually got them all out.

Over the last week there are two bubbles/lifts around the top edges that wont stick down! And new ones come and go randomly.

Its not bothering me enough to attempt reapplying because i know it will be worse the next time, is there a period it should take for the bubbles to free themselves out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone having a problem with the latest update where selfies in WhatsApp automatically rotate to landscape?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Anyone having a problem with the latest update where selfies in WhatsApp automatically rotate to landscape?

Just tried it there and it flipped the photo to landscape alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Not having that issue myself although mine is a 6t. Should probably move threads.

Anyway, have a (probably silly) question. Recently bought 6t off German Amazon. It came with EU two pin plug. If I just get EU to Irish adapter will the quick charge work as normal? And would it possibly cause any issues?

Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It'll work fine, no issues.

Mine is a 6t btw and has the issue in WhatsApp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Supposedly this is an issue with the latest update.

Mate this issue has been going on for months, they get you to do lots of clear cache reboot etc anything one plus tells you doesn't work at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭thomasj

It's been a while hasn't it?

The good news to report is Android 10 has started to be polled for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6t.

The bad news is it's been paused for the OnePlus 6 due to an issue.

I pulled it down using the oxegen updater app and have it now running on my OnePlus 6t Few things I'm liking most notably the system wide dark mode. Notifications are now showing in dark mode as are the Google apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Anyone else having issues since the latest update? Finding chrome is freezing a lot and having issues with gallery also.

• Advertisement

I've been having a lot of camera issues before the update and now still there since. Camera very slow, freezing, crashing etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Jofspring wrote: »
    I've been having a lot of camera issues before the update and now still there since. Camera very slow, freezing, crashing etc....

Yep, I'm seeing that since the update too. How is your storage? I don't have a huge amount left, less than 10%, so I was trying to figure out if that's an issue or if the update was the issue.

Yep, I'm seeing that since the update too. How is your storage? I don't have a huge amount left, less than 10%, so I was trying to figure out if that's an issue or if the update was the issue.

Currently at 84% used. Tried deleting stuff but it was barely making a dent so gave up.

It could be the issue but it seemed to happen very suddenly without much more memory being used.

Will try back up to a computer maybe, clear all documents and see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just got the Android 11 update yesterday seems alright I suppose. Giving the age of this device I doubt it will receive Android 12.

Still a excellent phone and it's going well and mine is still in excellent condition thanks to the clear case that was included with the phone.

Advertisement