Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 6 stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Has anyone noticed seemingly random vibrations happening on their OP6?

I've noticed over the past couple of weeks. If I have it on vibrate, it will occasionally vibrate as if an email has arrived, but I have no notifications on the screen. Really weird.

happens when the fingerprint scanner has been touched most of the time in my pocket could be a skin or so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I've noticed over the past couple of weeks. If I have it on vibrate, it will occasionally vibrate as if an email has arrived, but I have no notifications on the screen. Really weird.

Common issue, it's on my 6T too. It happens on the older devices too. I get a lot of notifications of image downloads. When I originally got it my gallery was filled with Facebook messenger smilies and the like which have stoped but I'm still getting the notifications randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭CrookedJack

5star02707 wrote: »
    happens when the fingerprint scanner has been touched most of the time in my pocket could be a skin or so
    Common issue, it's on my 6T too. It happens on the older devices too. I get a lot of notifications of image downloads. When I originally got it my gallery was filled with Facebook messenger smilies and the like which have stoped but I'm still getting the notifications randomly.

I had the same issues, these are how i fixed it:
    Step 1: Go to "see all apps" in the "apps and notifications" in settings page.
    Step 2: Click 3 dots on the right top corner, select System
    Step 3: you will find 2 'Android Setup' apps. But in only one app Storage was clearable. If yes Clear the storage.
    Step 4: Clear cache and storage for download manager and cache only for downloads
    Step 5: restart phone

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ugglasdav

Anyone have issues with Bluetooth? Got a 6T and having issues contacted to handsfree kit, had an s6 previous and could play media perfect through the kit, the 6T doesn't at all? Ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Have the 6 and use it with Bluetooth all the time in the car with no issues. Is it not connecting, not pairing or just not playing?

As an aside, I was having a problem with my second SIM over the Christmas and was on to OnePlus chat support and they were brilliant. First time having to use it and was very happy with them.

Might be worth a shot.

• Advertisement

Step 3: you will find 2 'Android Setup' apps. But in only one app Storage was clearable. If yes Clear the storage.
    Step 4: Clear cache and storage for download manager and cache only for downloads

Worth a shot, thanks.

Figured out it seems to be a fault with my own 6T, friend has a 6t also and connects no problem to the cars Bluetooth yet mine doesn't

I got mine off Amazon so would it be better to go through them or contact one plus directly for a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I have a one plus 6. Had problems connecting to car with Bluetooth. Sometimes it did sometimes it didn't. Sorted itself after a week or so. I bought my phone direct from one plus.

Ended up getting a replacement from Amazon Free of charge, just have to send the old one back, new phone Bluetooth works perfectly so definitely a fault with phone

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone sent a phone back for repair? I got my label from One Plus for UPS but the email from OP say it'll be collected tomorrow but the one from UPS says to drop it off so I'm not sure what's happening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Ring UPS and use the label number to arrange the pick up.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Ring UPS and use the label number to arrange the pick up.

Great thanks. I'll see if they can collect from work next week so.

Maybe I'll be lucky and One Plus will send me a 6T to replace the 5 :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

TitianGerm wrote:
    Maybe I'll be lucky and One Plus will send me a 6T to replace the 5

What happened to it?

tedpan wrote: »
    What happened to it?

I dropped it face down on a concrete floor and cracked the glass. The screen then turned black and blue over the space of an hour or two.

TitianGerm wrote:
    I dropped it face down on a concrete floor and cracked the glass. The screen then turned black and blue over the space of an hour or two.

Ah, so the LCD and digitizer smashed. How much is the repair?

Ah, so the LCD and digitizer smashed. How much is the repair?

When I looked it up on the website I just saw something about screen repairs for around €100. Not sure if that's for everything though.

Nearly bought the Mi Mix 3 on Amazon today for £449.

TitianGerm wrote:

Decent phone, but the OS doesn't match OnePlus :) Think honorbuy have it for 500e though

Decent phone, but the OS doesn't match OnePlus :) Think honorbuy have it for 500e though

I always use Nova launcher so UI wouldn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

5star02707 wrote: »

This worked for me. Thanks!

I have noticed that my notification for Play store updates weren't showing until I done the above either

This worked for me. Thanks!

I have noticed that my notification for Play store updates weren't showing until I done the above either

Same here. Playstore is now showing and no phantom notifications either.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    When I looked it up on the website I just saw something about screen repairs for around €100. Not sure if that's for everything though.

So the phone was collected on Friday afternoon from work and I got it back at lunchtime yesterday (Wednesday). Not bad for a round trip to Poland.

€100.91 all in. Now I need to pick up new screen protectors to make sure it doesn't happen again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Jaysus, €100 is really good considering what some others charge

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Jaysus, €100 is really good considering what some others charge

Yeah a shop here wanted €150 so delighted with the €100.

Had been thinking of changing to a new phone but after using a OP2 for the last few days the OP5 feels super fast so going to hold out for another while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

9.0.4 now available

Full Rom
    https://otafsg.h2os.com/patch/amazone2/GLO/OnePlus6Oxygen/OnePlus6Oxygen_22.O.29_GLO_029_1901231504/OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_029_all_1901231504_6562.zip

Changelog

System
    • Updated Android security patch to 2019/01
    • Optimisations for screen display
    • Deep integration with Google Duo
    • General bug fixes and software improvements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Has anyone else noticed their battery absolutely shagged since the last update? I used to go to bed with maybe 30% left, now I'm hitting 10% by 8pm. No change in usage. 2 hours screen time.

Google Play services used 9% today, is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭mossie

EGriff wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed their battery absolutely shagged since the last update? I used to go to bed with maybe 30% left, now I'm hitting 10% by 8pm. No change in usage. 2 hours screen time.

Google Play services used 9% today, is that normal?

Yeah I've noticed mine has worsened and I think it's coincided with the last update alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Anyone having issues on the One Plus 6, with the Speed dial Contacts Dissapearing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

torrevieja wrote: »
    Anyone having issues on the One Plus 6, with the Speed dial Contacts Dissapearing ?
    Supposedly this is an issue with the latest update.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Is it correct to say the headphone jack is on the one plus 6, but not the 6t?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

limnam wrote: »
    Is it correct to say the headphone jack is on the one plus 6, but not the 6t?

Correct

Advertisement