Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 6 stuff

Options
  • 06-04-2018 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Anybody knows a approx release day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Rumours pointing to end of the month now instead of June. Lots of leaks lately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm never buying the "initial" release of a model from OnePlus again.
    I'll wait for the "T" model a few months later.
    Twice now I've been stung with them releasing a new model a couple of months down the line! :)

Bitter?
    No, I'm not bitter at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I'm never buying the "initial" release of a model from OnePlus again.
    I'll wait for the "T" model a few months later.
    Twice now I've been stung with them releasing a new model a couple of months down the line! :)

Bitter?
    No, I'm not bitter at all :D

Uh....... logic? Sure the 6 now is coming out about 5 months after the 5t?

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Uh....... logic? Sure the 6 now is coming out about 5 months after the 5t?

Better than 2 months :D

But yeah, I get your point. They are a bit relentless these days with the release cycle. Definitely gone from a single yearly offer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Anyone know if mirrorlink for cars is included in the 6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    Anyone know if mirrorlink for cars is included in the 6

No. Nobody does.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lynvoh

I hope this will speed up the situation..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭xtal191

Have Oneplus got any arrangement with some network in order to pay it with a plan, monthly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

lynvoh wrote:
    Have Oneplus got any arrangement with some network in order to pay it with a plan, monthly?

Not in Ireland ! They do in the UK however though I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I held off on the 5 and 5T. Still on a OP3 with cracked screen. I've also resisted the S9+. If the camera is good on this I might pull the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

So it's launching on the 16th.

Do we expect it to be available to order from then?

I can't remember how it worked last year with the 5 & 5t.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    So it's launching on the 16th.

Do we expect it to be available to order from then?

I can't remember how it worked last year with the 5 & 5t.

You should be able to buy online roughly at the same time as the presentation.

These are usually pre-recorded and once they start, the new phones tend to go live in the stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

i just hope its a sensible price and not trying to play with the apple/samsungs big guns (price wise)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,801 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    i just hope its a sensible price and not trying to play with the apple/samsungs big guns (price wise)

Yeah pretty much every release has seen a price rise.

Didn't they start at €350 only a few years ago?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Yeah pretty much every release has seen a price rise.

Didn't they start at €350 only a few years ago?

299 and 349 dollars for the 16 and 64GB models respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I bet it's going to be 600 or near. The cries of outrage will be glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Sure the 5T is what 500/550? Even on Adverts. It HAS to be at least 550!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭54and56

rizzee wrote: »
    Sure the 5T is what 500/550? Even on Adverts. It HAS to be at least 550!

Nokia 7 Plus seems to be hitting the reset button on the "mid range" flagship killer space originally occupied by OnePlus.

A lot of phone for €399 with Android One OS so nice and clean and well supported.

I recently purchased a Mi A1 for my son and for less than €200 delivered from an EU warehouse it represents serious value for money and also has the Android One OS.

The more OnePlus push up towards Samsung / Apple territory the more they will lose some of their customer base to others who are out OnePlus'ing OnePlus!!

Haven't been a big fan of One Plus really but the 6 looks nice and they've finally got some form of water resistance.

BTW the Nokia 7 plus is 319 euro on Vodafone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭emo72

Nokia 7 Plus seems to be hitting the reset button on the "mid range" flagship killer space originally occupied by OnePlus.

The more OnePlus push up towards Samsung / Apple territory the more they will lose some of their customer base to others who are out OnePlus'ing OnePlus!!

I'm out too. Still on 3T but looking to go with the Nokia instead. Had a OnePlus since the one came out. There's a big difference between 350 and 600. There is no way I'll pay that much when you can see what a phone between 3 and 4 hundred will do.

Why don't they stick to their original philosophy, and build the best possible phone they can for 350 euro. So long lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

A lot of phone for €399 with Android One OS so nice and clean and well supported.

I recently purchased a Mi A1 for my son and for less than €200 delivered from an EU warehouse it represents serious value for money and also has the Android One OS.

If Nokia do the same phone but with a upgraded 845 cpu all in for around 450 thats me back as a Nokia user! Been a huge fan of OnePlus but they are starting to take the piss now with the growing price-tag... Having said that, If OnePlus do a trade-in offer for the 5T of 350 or better I'm there too... lol

god's toy wrote: »
    If Nokia do the same phone but with a upgraded 845 cpu all in for around 450 thats me back as a Nokia user! Been a huge fan of OnePlus but they are starting to take the piss now with the growing price-tag... Having said that, If OnePlus do a trade-in offer for the 5T of 350 or better I'm there too... lol

Sell your 5T for 500 now on adverts while you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yea maybe. They, (OnePlus) are offering trade-ins on the 3 3T and 5 but not the 5T. Maybe by the time the 6T comes round they will...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,930 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

god's toy wrote: »
    Yea maybe. They, (OnePlus) are offering trade-ins on the 3 3T and 5 but not the 5T. Maybe by the time the 6T comes round they will...

The trade in prices they offer were brutal the last time I checked.

CEX will give me €330 for my OP5 128GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭micks_address

You'd do well to get 450. I sold mine last month for 430

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The trade in prices they offer were brutal the last time I checked.

CEX will give me €330 for my OP5 128GB.

Yeah they're pathetic...I think they offered me €80 for a perfect 3T

Advertisement