Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Quick turnaround for dragon lee... oba is the ideal package but if his backstage persona is going to mimic gene snitsky then he'll go stale soon

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Saw someone describe him as a fast Big E. If he had E's personality, he would be sorted. I guess that's Lee done with NXT.

Had to look up who the woman joining OTM was. Jaida Parker.

Same for Malik and Edris. At first I thought it was Thea but it's Brinley Reece.

Speaking of Malik, he always reminds me of the rich member of the team from Cool Runnings.

Thought the Tiff parts would've been better. But they were grand.

So 2 established tag teams knocked out by singles competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just to say that NXT does air live on the network in Ireland after a ropey start and last night’s episode was up before 7am our time and no 24 hour wait like last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cora Jade out with torn ACL

She's going bigger?

Was just thinking, Lash Legend will probably get a good showing eliminating people in the Battle Royal this week followed by a Rumble appearance where she faces off with Nia or Raquel, if she's still around.

• Advertisement

And Lash was eliminated by Cora's replacement, a debuting Madi Wrenkowski, now known as Wren Sinclair. I mainly know her from losing a lot on AEW Dark.

Keilani got to do the Kofi/Naomi spot.

Decent main event but they really need to start giving women better characters. I know they're gradually doing a better job but like Blair was eliminated by someone then Blair knocked her out. It wasn't until the commentators said her name, Karmen Petrovic, that I realised she was the martial arts one. She needs a better gimmick than that.

No Tiff and apparently Nikkita was pulled. Maybe they had a valid reason or maybe they didn't want her losing but think she's not ready for a title shot yet.

Ava proving the fact that it's always helpful to have a famous dad to secure a spot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

One day on the board of directors, and Rocky is already pulling strings 😂

What? Are you trying to say it wasn't due to her many years of experience and great onscreen presence? I'm shocked!

But yeah, they already shortened her name to just Ava and pretty much confirmed they have no belief in her abilities in the ring. She would've been released if not for her dad. I'm sure there are others there who could fill the GM role if Regal didn't want to do it.

But one good thing to come from it is seeing Regal on WWE again. Means we may see him more often in some capacity. Twice a year at least to tell the men and women they're going to be in WarGames. 😀

Can see why Gunther was getting confused that they have a main roster PLE on a Saturday but NXT on a Sunday when it used to be other way around.

Someone a bit late on the mute button for Elektra.

I don't know what it is but I've no interest in OTM.

End of an era with Chase U? Last minute save/reveal next week?

Meant to say last week but I see the NXT crowd found a new way to be annoying with the "Ooh!" chants for Oba.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Speaking of NXT, it's going to be free to air on Virgin going forward (delayed coverage obviously)

11am on Sundays on Virgin Media 2 for those not bothered viewing the tweet!

• Advertisement

I noticed them at the weekend. Couldn't remember if was Sky or VM. They're hour long versions of the shows.

OTM need rid of Reggie, that will forever hold them back. He's a show pony in the ring and has zero charisma out of it

I'd say her in ring wrestling days are over so to keep her on screen active, a GM role for Lil Rock, she did not look like a natural in ring

She doesn't even have charisma outside of it either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Anything I've ever seen of her suggests there is only one reason she still has a job at all, let alone a prominent (ish) role.

Agreed

Even the schism had great potential before she was added

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports Corey Graves brother is headed for NXT.

AAA want to sign him to a long term deal.

He has worked Japan and for MLW.

Sam Adonis has done some great work in Mexico in his time down there

I'm enjoying Bron and Corbin but my is Bron orange tangoed

I assume the Dusty final will open Vengeance. Would've like Bron and Corbin to try and convince Ava to have the match just before the main event to drive more of a wedge between Mello and Trick.

Is it me or does Ava blink a lot? She showed a bit more emotion this week but still seemed like she was trying to think of her lines. Wonder if her dad gives her promo lessons. I will say even though she's likely still there due to who she is, at least she's trying to be different and not going the Charlotte route. Yeah, I know Charlotte's successful but just good to see.

I'm more confused about that time she was standing outdoors by the dumpster with Dijak and then told him to "get out" as if she was in an office

• Advertisement

Vengeance Day card for tomorrow:

• Baron Corbin and Bron Breakker vs. Carmelo Hayes and Trick Williams for the Dusty memorial trophy and future NXT tag title shot
    • Lyra Valkyria (c) vs. Roxanne Perez for the women's title
    • Oba Femi (c) vs. Dragon Lee for the NA title
    • The Family (Tony D'Angelo, Channing "Stacks" Lorenzo, and Adriana Rizzo) vs. OTM (Lucien Price, Bronco Nima, and Jaida Parker) (with Scrypts)
    • Dijak vs. Joe Gacy in a No DQ match
    • Ilja Dragunov (c) vs. Trick Williams for the NXT title

Out of all the matches, the one that intertest me the least is the mixed tag, I like D'Angelo and Stacks but no interest in any of the others in that match. Rizzo is like that tv trope where a character appears who we've never seen before yet everyone on the show knows who she is.

Who's this teasing? People seem to think it's referencing a Japanese wrestler 👀

Asuka returns. 😀

Well that women's match became a mess. Lola cashing in made no sense as far as choosing her spot goes.

Finally the turn happens. Knew it was coming but was just waiting for it. Guess it delays either guy moving up for a couple months. Maybe Stand & Deliver for the match. Next PLE is Roadblock though on March 5th.

Bron was lucky in his match with how he got caught in the ropes. Could've been bad. Think that's what made him bleed. I assume with Bron moving up, the title match will be soon enough.

On another note, I was watching the latest Level Up and Dante Chen was on as his usual self. Seems they dropped the plans for a tag team with Boa after teasing them for the past couple months.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would they really have Okada go to NXT ?

Main have him bed in there and debut on the main roster after Mania

Seemingly hbk is mad to work with him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I enjoyed Vengeance, I have not seen NXT in ages so it was an interesting show.

The show was well put together and all had something to make them feel important and the crowd seemed to buy into the matches.

The Dragon Lee v Oba Femi (spelling) was very enjoyable, Lee made Femi great. Looking him up afterwards it was a surpise to see he was only 25 so younger than Austin Theory or Dom Mysterio.

Oba, Trick, Melo and Bronn breaker could be huge for WWE in the years to come. They need new and younger people invlolved, the big names all seem to be well on in years now and guys like Seth Rollins that are under 40 have a lot of mileage done.

Baron and Bron having fun taking digs at each other with the top rope comment.

Is it me, or was Thea's voice deeper than normal this week?

Nikita Lyons injured again

Just seen an ad for NXT also airing weekends on VM, I think VM3 11am Sundays

• Advertisement

So obviously this was prerecorded since Shotzi got injured stopping her from competing in the EC tournament.

But they did well to have another match which, while short, was quick thinking. I know it just comes with experience but they could've just ended it there and then. Then they had the bit with Roxanne which I assume was filmed later and added, because if it was done live, that was more quick thinking. Though she said earlier she would be watching the match very closely, then she went and showered?

Speaking of showing Roxanne, I'm surprised none of the women have complained about the constant presence of a camera in the women's locker room.

Brooks Jensen needs to change his image. Saw him on Level Up as well just wearing white trunks and that really didn't help. He looks like someone who would appear on Jerry Springer with 2 obese women fighting over him.

Enjoyed Fallon and Thea's interaction.

So the Good Brothers are now there.

Not sure what they're going to do with D'Angelo and co. Rizzo just always sounds like she's putting on a stereotypical accent and look.

Advertisement