Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kevin Owens going to NXT for a "fight"

A stacked show

Did Christian speak with Brian Pillman Junior now known as Lexis King but more looking like Tiger King 😆

Bron is super tangoed but getting the (ronl)seal approval rub from badass Taker

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pillman's promo was very good but I've never been so conflicted on a wrestler's look. The hair is really cool but the beard looks like it was drawn on with permanent marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’s amazing to see two Irish woman wrestlers going against each other for a wwe championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah, it's crazy and great to see.

Replies to the tweet said it was Finn narrating, but didn't think it sounded like him.

In parts it sounded like him but yeah unless they’ve alerted the voice.

Jade doing her Karrion Kross impression.

Mello seems the obvious attacker of Trick so who will it be?

That opening with the 4 guys shows the height difference between Mello and the other guys. And Mello is supposed to be 5'10"

I didn't expect Becky to drop the title this soon but good to have another Irish champion if just transitional for Cora I think

Becky did a lot to bring attention to it and Nxt, getting talent on screen in matches and segments etc.,

When she does in ring retire she'd be great over the female division

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Another Irish champ in wrestling. Nice to see.

• Advertisement

Did they struggle to find somewhere showing the match live that they went to a pub in England?

Well done to Lyra. Was surprised she won.

Also Chase U winning as well. Was Tony referring to something that happened between them previously on NXT or something we haven't seen?

Was thinking Shotzi's Pinhead costume probably took a while only to change it later on.

Good first night overall.

Oh and Jade getting a throne this time. But was Becky who acknowledged her so guess she would be her first big opponent.

Post edited by CastorTroy on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

It's nice to see Lyra winning but I can't help but feel like the win will be diminished by people saying she only won because she was Irish. People will put it down to favoritism rather than Lyra winning it because she deserved it or she won it on her own merit.

Post edited by Riddle101 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Did anyone have Martin King showing up in an NXT promo package on their wrestling bingo card? 😄

I knew back when TV3 started and we saw him doing the weather that he was destined to appear on WWE. 😀 Was visiting my parents at the weekend and my mum watches Ireland AM so managed to see that interview. She seemed wrecked due to the time difference. She looks a bit like Bayley in that picture.

Another good show. Enjoyed the silly Meta-Four bits.

WWE NXT Is leaving USA Network for The CW and will begin airing in October 2024

Shocking news from Chase U!

That main event made no sense. Why were 2 faces fighting on Dom's behalf when the only one with anything to gain was Wes Lee? Well made no sense story wise. Made sense in what to do if want a good match. Surprised Dom didn't interfere.

Seems Ava Raine has some kind of authority role now, like Shawn's go between or something.

Wes Lee has announced he needs surgery for his back and will be out 8-12 months, so has been replaced in the match against Dominik.

Oh and Nikkita made her return.

The final card for Deadline this Saturday is:

WWE NXT Championship Match:

Ilja Dragunov vs. Baron Corbin

Men’s Iron Survivor Challenge:

Dijak vs. Trick Williams vs. Josh Briggs vs. Bron Breakker vs. Tyler Bate

Women’s Iron Survivor Challenge:

Tiffany Stratton vs. Lash Legend vs. Blair Davenport vs. Kelani Jordan vs. Fallon Henley

WWE NXT North American Championship Match:

Dominik Mysterio vs. Dragon Lee

Steel Cage Match:

Roxanne Perez vs. Kiana James

Carmelo Hayes vs. Lexis King

Kickoff Show Match:

Axiom vs. Nathan Frazer

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Based off some of WWEs tweets today I expect a certain straight edge superstar to show up at Deadline tonight.

Well CM punk just had a lovely interaction with old HBK to start off deadline. Some good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pop for Punk was pretty awesome. Still a little bit surreal seeing him back in WWE tbh!

Seemed they played them off by hitting Punk's music like that. Punk didn't seem to expect it. Though Punk trolling HBK was funny.

Both Iron Survivor matches were good. Don't know if they would work on the main roster. They're really making Lash look like a powerhouse. Was thinking they were all acting civil when in the box until Fallon and Tiff had to get out then when the men fought later on. Kelani was clearly the Shotzi of the group.

I guess that means the Roxy/Kian feud isn't over yet.

Happy for Dragon Lee and was wondering if Dom would somehow win with Rhea not being there. But strange since isn't Dragon on Smackdown now? I know it was a last minute replacement and Dragon Lee has history with Dom, but maybe have Dragon lose then have a No. 1 Contender match on Tuesday to face Dom at New Year's Evil.

I don't think I would've recognised Cora with the new look. She went out not long after debuting the look.

Speaking of Cora.

From this

to this

So Lyra is involved in storylines with 3 separate women. While there are a couple other storylines for the women as well. Now if only the main roster and other promotions could achieve that as well.

Chase U finally has another student competing, Riley Osborne. And a decent pounce from his opponent.

Noticed King's beard looked less drawn on when talking to Ava

I like that Dragon Lee is doing the weekly challenge though the next 4 weeks will probably be each of Gulak's crew.

Mello is guilty? Liked Trick and Ilja's interaction.

Maybe it was because her last appearance on RoH was so long ago, but I only found out recently that Kelly Kincaid is the former Quinn McKay.

Who's going to break the news to Thea that Riley just got engaged to Blair Davenport?

Thought this week was going to mainly be an awards show but nope.

It was the end for Briggs, Jensen and Henley.

Didn't think King would lose a match so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Lexis king bores me already, I really see nothing stealing about the character. Briggs and Jenson had to end... Briggs has potential as a single character

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

TNT won’t be renewing the right for NXT in the UK/Ireland and the show will revert to the Network on January 3th 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I wonder who the surprise replacement for Dragon Lee is tonight.. Carlito? I don't think they'd bring andrade back to re-debut on NXT

Just the Uk. Not here it seems. So fans in ireand can’t see nxt live.

• Advertisement

Are they trying to sell the injury still or is Ilya legit injured. Strange to change the main event like that.

Lyra is doing the scared thing well.

Thought Riley would win since he has had a wee bit of character so far.

The Joaquin catapult was cool. Of course if they had shown the distance between them before then it would've been better.

Arianna Grace is Santino's daughter, isn't she? Roxanne going a darker route?

Tiffany losing was the better choice as her being a ranch hand has more entertainment potential.

Advertisement