Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And this is Rhea at 23!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Guy can be heard saying "Go back to......."

Io responds...

https://twitter.com/ramblinsrabbit/status/1207538597118824448?s=20

She's fúcking great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

What a stupid **** that wanker in the audience is. Obviously full sail has a niche audience so I'm not sure if this fool is racist or just trying to be a "heel". I'd almost wish it was the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,445 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've seen another tweet with the clip of Io and the quote is "I'm Japanese bitch" because the audience member is supposed to have said "go back to china" or something like that.

That audience is all brave behind a barrier away from a wrestle in a ring, but what I've seen in WWE or Io and her previous wrestling he wouldnt say that right next to her.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've seen another tweet with the clip of Io and the quote is "I'm Japanese bitch" because the audience member is supposed to have said "go back to china" or something like that.

That audience is all brave behind a barrier away from a wrestle in a ring, but what I've seen in WWE or Io and her previous wrestling he wouldnt say that right next to her.

Either way Io calling it out will put to bed.

• Advertisement

Either way Io calling it out will put to bed.

I agree I wouldn't cross Io or asuka or Kairi.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I agree I wouldn't cross Io or asuka or Kairi.

Well....unfortunately someone did think they could cross Kairi but less said about that. Just hope Kairi gets the chance to knock the bollox out of her.

Well....unfortunately someone did think they could cross Kairi but less said about that. Just hope Kairi gets the chance to knock the bollox out of her.

Revenge combo...

fo9scozhomfz.gif

(I was originally looking for the backfist she did to Lacey but found that gif and it looks much more brutal!)

Cole clearly believes in fan interaction. The way he dived into them while trying to escape Lee and again this week when trying to escape Balor. Barrier got in the way though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Really enjoyed the last few weeks of NXT. Some cracking matches, really liked the opener on this week's show, and, although I don't think the main event reached the same level of some of Baszler's other title defences, it still had that feel good moment at the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Good match with Bálor and Cole to start this week's NXT but they had to go and do a distraction finish. So Bálor looks like an idiot and Cole gets lucky. Also what's up with how Bálor sells the leg. Same as in his TakeOver match. He holds it and grimaces every so often but it actually has no effect on how delivers his offence in terms of speed or impact. Main event with Ripley v Baszler was really well done. The rest was a load of decent inconsequential wrestling that I'll never remember.

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    Good match with Bálor and Cole to start this week's NXT but they had to go and do a distraction finish. So Bálor looks like an idiot and Cole gets lucky. Also what's up with how Bálor sells the leg. Same as in his TakeOver match. He holds it and grimaces every so often but it actually has no effect on how delivers his offence in terms of speed or impact. Main event with Ripley v Baszler was really well done. The rest was a load of decent inconsequential wrestling that I'll never remember.
    Well that's the problem I have with giving away takeover level matches on TV. I don't care about seeing Rhea V Becky or Cole V Balor on a Wednesday if I know it's going to mean **** all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Austin Theory vs Roderick Strong was a good match on Nxt this week

Good opener for the show

A week for debuts it seems with Chelsea, Austin and Shotzi. Wonder if they're using this week as a way to test the waters for them. Don't expect big numbers watching but check how they're received.
    And video for a Arturo Ruas redebut?

Shotzi to get a name change to avoid confusion with Ciampa?

Austin Theory vs Roderick Strong was a good match on Nxt this week

Good opener for the show

That was basically a showboating episode by NXT.

Next week os the awards? They'll have to have a decent balance between awards and matches

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I really enjoyed Strong v Theory. Great match but I wonder about giving Theory a cold debut as I think he could do with a few vignettes to build him up a bit before debuting as many may not be aware of him. The match itself was very good and felt that Theory could have won and Strong be fine in defeat. Theorys such a good heel, this was the first time seeing him as a face.

Swerve has a cool look and presence, so much so I wonder why he wore a mask in Lucha Underground. Enjoyed the match with Gallagher despite knowing Gallagher was never winning. Gallagher is so good, smooth as always and made Swerve look great.

LaRae vs Taynara was fine. First time seeing Taynara who held her own.

Reed vs Dijackovic was decent. Dijackovic has the look that Vince loves and is very good for his size in the ring, surprised Vinnie hasn't swooped in for him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

831k viewers for Christmas night.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

831k viewers for Christmas night.

Are those people mad? Like I like my wrestling but its ****in Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

beakerjoe wrote:
    Are those people mad? Like I like my wrestling but its ****in Christmas

They probably watch wrestling like some watch NBA games. Also, by the time NXT comes on most of the day is gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Christmas in the US is nowhere near as big a deal as it is here. Half my work colleagues were in the office working as normal, many of em with small kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Christmas in the US is nowhere near as big a deal as it is here. Half my work colleagues were in the office working as normal, many of em with small kids.

Would echo this was talking to some of the American colleagues and there always suprised how long we take off for it

Mentalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Thanksgiving is there big holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,823 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

almost forgot about the new episode airing in an hours time on BT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Funny a few years ago Robert Stone was compared to Zack Ryder now he is managing his fiancée.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Haven't watched NXT in a while but just saw they have the Timesplitters reunion scheduled for next week, will definitely be tuning in for that.

That was a surprise. Wonder if he signed or is it a one off?
    Not sure who will win the tournament. Maybe set up a Riddle/Dunne match?

2 members of The Bromans in the same episode. Even heard someone do DJZ's "Ba ba ba ba".
    Made me wonder does Impact have the same interest today where if someone from there went elsewhere they would be known for their work in Impact? Maybe the Rascalz.

Anyway, I think Candace came out looking the worst from the 6 woman standoff.

And Chelsea just had a match against Charlotte on Raw, thought she had moved.
    Are there some women injured? Seemed to be 1 or 2, at least, missing from the Battle Royal photo, unless not all are there. Like didn't see Tegan.

Nxt U.K. takeover is live on Sunday at 5pm Irish time and given that the NFL playoffs on Sunday don't start until 8:05pm Irish time I've got my Sunday viewing sorted nicely.

• Advertisement

Advantage of having recorded nxt uk and live nxt means the uk stars can travel over to promote UK Takeover as they did this week.

Advertisement