Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Nxt U.K. takeover is live on Sunday at 5pm Irish time

If you haven't watched this, you really should. It's up there with the best hype videos I've ever seen. Gets you invested in every angle. Really really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,445 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Omackeral wrote: »
    If you haven't watched this, you really should. It's up there with the best hype videos I've ever seen. Gets you invested in every angle. Really really enjoyed it.

I plan to watch it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

is that one of the videos the irish guy did for wwe that usually works with ott?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Watched that video last night and have to say as someone who hasn't watched NXT UK in months i am officially excited for the PPV tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

montyrebel wrote: »
    is that one of the videos the irish guy did for wwe that usually works with ott?

Someone on Reddit says that Devlin confirmed it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Belair V Rhipley at Takeover Portland.....ah well, I guess the likes of Candace and Io will have to content themselves somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,829 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Belair V Rhipley at Takeover Portland.....ah well, I guess the likes of Candace and Io will have to content themselves somehow.

You're likely right but as it stands it could be Ripley or Storm.

Any word on if Shelley is signed?

Nice to see Kacy back. Dunno if permanently.
    When they mentioned her getting eliminated during a break, I looked up Indi Hartwell and saw she joined the same time as Shotzi and Scarlett, but Scarlett was the only of those not in it.
    Wonder if Carolina is going to stay masked. Looked like she was meant to land on the apron.

Not liking this trend of having the Takeover on a Sunday. First UK and now Portland

meant to say as well, looks like Xia Li hurt Bianca this week. If so, she seems to cause more injuries in matches than having matches without injuries.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    meant to say as well, looks like Xia Li hurt Bianca this week. If so, she seems to cause more injuries in matches than having matches without injuries.

Did she ? I mean in a recent sheamus workout on his YouTube channel it's clear that she is strong as an ox and is good in the ring but the use a stone cold quote she "lays her **** in" and is a bit snug.

• Advertisement

Yeah, just before she got eliminated. It seems like Bianca was just selling the kick but also seemed to be a bit dazed to the point the ref checked on her. May have been Bianca's fault for not blocking properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I like Xia's stiff kicks. If there is one thing women wrestlers are still absolutely abysmal at it is striking. 99% look terrible.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I like Xia's stiff kicks. If there is one thing women wrestlers are still absolutely abysmal at it is striking. 99% look terrible.

The punches(sorry forearm strikes) of some women's wrestler look bad.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah, just before she got eliminated. It seems like Bianca was just selling the kick but also seemed to be a bit dazed to the point the ref checked on her. May have been Bianca's fault for not blocking properly.

I'm watching the women's battle royal from this week and I've just seen the moment you were talking about and the kick was a good kick but I can see where it might have caught bianca as she reacted as if it caught her. Hopefully it's just a case of the two of working well together so as to make it believable.

Btw I'm sure I've said it before but Io Shirai is a goddess. Nice to see Tegan nox back and is the knee with the brace no longer on it the first one she injured ? If it's is the war games removal was a great way to remove the brace.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,826 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

DIY vs moustache mountain on Saturday could be epic

I can see MM ending up the way Gargano and Ciampa did with Bate and Seven having an epic rivalry

The new UK title looks the same as the old one, except the WWE logo has been changed to NXT. Now matches the women's title.

Worlds Collide on tonight

Buzzing for this

I'd love if they done a follow up version of this event in the UK. I'd make the trip over for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Never had much of an interest in Ilja Dragunov but definitely been a bit swayed after that match.
    Finn was stiff AF in the finish with him, guessing it's a receipt for a possible broken nose.

Dunne is definitely going to turn on Riddle

The scouse accent is perfect for a wrestling heel.

What a disgusting, phlegm-y sound it makes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Title gonna change hands here or is Graza retaining?

Be good to see Devlin get it and get a push on NXT

If crowd reactions have proven anything today it's than no one is watching NXT UK.
    New title design could mean a new champ maybe

Jordan Devlin reminds me of Max Payne 1's face...

bgdz9msr4zt31.jpg

ThePott wrote: »
    If crowd reactions have proven anything today it's than no one is watching NXT UK.
    New title design could mean a new champ maybe

The new tv deal might help it a bit

205 live and NXT UK are probably the least watched wwe stuff

Wrestling exhausting really

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Even though I know the UK crew are essentially unknown it's still interesting they're in town on Rumble weekend. Could see Bate or Walter getting a decent reaction if they were in the rumble

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The new tv deal might help it a bit
    205 live and NXT UK are probably the least watched wwe stuff
    Wrestling exhausting really
    For sure I genuinely thought 205 Live had been cancelled it's so underpromoted at this point. They do seem to be trying to create a bit more hype around NXT UK lately at least. Mind you I don't watch either of those two shows. There's just too much wrestling, literally binged and skimmed through weeks of NXT to be up to date for tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Title gonna change hands here or is Graza retaining?

Be good to see Devlin get it and get a push on NXT

Nice

Holy sh1te!
    That's unreal. Always seemed like a good possibility but thought it might have just been wishful thinking.

Another Irish champ in WWE. Awesome.

• Advertisement

Bring on NXT Takeover: Dublin lads!

Advertisement