Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion Spring/Summer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,930 ✭✭✭pauldry

Starting to see some reds on my app radar in the middle third of Ireland towards Donegal and Fermanagh especially

Its kicking off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Not to be too pedantic either  but if its only a change of wallet colour that the government effect at Budget time, why does it hurt so much?
    Point taken though 

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Looks like we might miss the showers now, happy days, still fierce warm though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Something forming in the Wicklow mts

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

patneve2 wrote: »
    Something forming in the Wicklow mts

Yeah....but looks to be heading NNW. :(

Things really kicking off in Ulster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Yeah....but looks to be heading NNW. :(

Things really kicking off in Ulster.

The flow should turn more swesterly as the day progresses

Yeah Im also seeing a lot of rain to the SW

Shhtay away. That would break this.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A couple of sparks showing up now from that north Wicklow blob.

Edit: Not quite Wicklow...strike showing up in Meath? http://en.blitzortung.org/live_lightning_maps.php?map=10

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

What's the expected likelihood of lightning today and over the weekend? Specifically up in Dublin mountains, my kids at scouts camp up there for next 4 days!!!
    Thanks so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Stifling heat in Athlone all morning now in the last 10 minutes slight breeze and feels considerably cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Near constant thunder in the distance....iam near Charlestown

• Registered Users Posts: 11,226 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Villain wrote: »

Been raining on the Wexford side of the Blackstairs now for nearly an hour.
    I haven't any way of measuring but it's a constant heavy rain.
    No rumbles just a constant downpour.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Anvils exploding to my southwest toward the Wicklow Mountains. Be surprised if there was not some sparks from that soon.

Making slow but sure progress toward me here near Santry. Winds not off shore here yet.

Southwest Dublin. Could be a sweet spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Couple of rolls of thunder and the blackest sky I've seen in a long time in Letterkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Think things will start soon can see over tallaght area from M50 starting to rain. Getting dull I'm stuck at airport for abit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭pad199207

Stuff over West Dublin and Wicklow really messy at the moment. Lack of shear really creating problems. However looking further inland to my SW i can see fantastic crisp towers flying up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,551 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

There's an event thread over here for today: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057877902

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭eastmayo

I see met eireann gone for orange warning for Sligo leitrim and Donegal.

22c in Sligo but plenty of activity in surrounding area

Wouldnt it be gas if all the showers were in non ME station areas?

It would be like working in a sweetshop and 100 people want a mars but youve only got snickers!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Off out to play golf in Louth in a couple of hours. What's the chances lightning kills the dream?

Thunder now (two times) in Wexford.
    Still raining.

https://youtu.be/tdsJI8Wc2D4

Edit: three times. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Wind starting to turn off shore now in Dalkey, massive sea mist coming over Killiney hill

Rain in Dublin 16 for the last hour.

Thundering away in Wexford.

Netweather doesn't show it.
    Lightningmaps doesn't show it.
    Blitzortung shows a few strikes.

Edit: apologies netweather. They showed a few as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

wardides wrote: »
    Off out to play golf in Louth in a couple of hours. What's the chances lightning kills the dream?
    On the coast there won't be any lightning but inland there's always the possibility later on.
    I'm expecting nothing and will be getting the hose out of the shed later on. No appreciable rain in my backyard for three weeks, there was a downpour on May 10th and only a fews mms since.
    EDIT: This is just my opinion, being out in the open during a thunderstorm is very dangerous, if the sky turns black take cover indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Now that the sky has cleared here am witnessing the tops of those colossal cells up in the NW. They almost seem to have a 'supercell' quality about them from this vantage point in Galway.

Lucky *astards. :o

New Moon

• Advertisement

Mods, would we be able to keep everything in the one place?

I have been posting in the other thread but many are posting here :(

I hate going back and forth.

Advertisement