Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

probably said 100 times already, but dogs gawking out moving car windows.

like they weren't goofy enough already. love it. raises a smile every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Mr Infinite Fart just discovered the equivalent of wibbly wobbly wonders in Aldi and came home with a box of them in the shopping. That jelly is so bloody good nyooooooom :)

I had 2 of them today. The last time I was in Aldi, I got two boxes of them. Jiggly Pops! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Absolute ****e week at work, got home to the old man whose been seriously ill since new years day, drive up to the drive way and he's sitting out the back.
    'Alright buddy, fancy a bit of fishing'

20 minutes later two of us, a corona in hand casting off looking for salmon.

No bites...

Then he reels in a fish

'I got something!!!'

A baby trout fish... laughed our asses off...the fish got put back in and went on its way.

Brought him for a guiness after, made all that ****e during the week worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just now my bed makes me VERY happy.. All I desire or need.. BED!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

greencap wrote: »
    probably said 100 times already, but dogs gawking out moving car windows.

like they weren't goofy enough already. love it. raises a smile every time.

Love it! They look so happy! Saw one there the last day with his back legs on the top of the passengers seat with his head poking out the sun roof :) Hilarious to watch but I suppose a bit dangerous if they breaked hard though....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Apres match, best thing on rte by a country mile, can't for next week when the world start and they're back :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Proper scrambled eggs, buttery, a little bit runny, covering a slice of soda bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Love it! They look so happy! Saw one there the last day with his back legs on the top of the passengers seat with his head poking out the sun roof :) Hilarious to watch but I suppose a bit dangerous if they breaked hard though....
    Sorry to be the buzzkill but unrestrained dogs are not a good thing.
      three points plus an €80 fine
      the animal can be seriously hurt in an accident
      emergency services cannot help anyone injured in a car if there is an unrestrained dog
      not covered by insurance (heard this one, not 100% if true)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Out in the garden since after breakfast and just saw that the wife has the box in the end of the fridge full with (now) cold cans of Bulmers.

There is a God!

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
      emergency services cannot help anyone injured in a car if there is an unrestrained dog

Oh totally agree. I did say it was dangerous afterall!

• Advertisement

I think I am coming out the other end of the week from hell. It feels good to be myself again :)

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Scares me silly seeing a car drive past with a dog half out of the window. Too much imagination maybe but so many dangers. Having to serve to the left to avoid a collision and into a wall... Please..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Spending the day out in the garden aswell. Got the deck chairs out, a paddling pool, cheese puffs etc. Redneck holiday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The warm weather

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Sat out all day reading a book. (Had to come in because I've been scalded by the sun :( ) I am getting through some amount of reading thanks to this gorgeous weather.

My sister made me a Malibu and red lemonade and it tastes exactly like those Frosties sweets from years ago.

Just hit me; the sheer wonder of living where i take it for granted that I leave gas cylinders out by the road!
    Anywhere else, they would be stolen..

Just never thought of it before..

Of course no one could even get them off the island without the ferryman!

Awesome place!

and not a single vehicle has passed here on the only road all day!

In bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

A combination of fizzy elderflower, prosecco, mint and ice.
    Topped off by the fact that I'm enjoying it with the two people who have educated me and stood by me through all the bad job choices, celebrating the fact that we all think I've finally made a good one, enjoyed outside in the sun. Happy days!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th Had a great day with my nephew, he was asleep in my arms for a while and when he woke up he gave me the biggest smile :3 he was burying his little head into my chest :3 and then he got cranky because he wanted to be fed so handed him back to my sister and then after my mam was holding him and I was giving him loads of kisses on his head and he was smiling mad me :3:D , when they were leaving they put him into his car seat and you should have seen the cross look he gave his mammy :D as if to say "Why are you putting me back into this bloody thing again for woman" :D .

Also I cut the grass and I did a fine job if I do say so myself :3 :pac:.

Pom bear ad :D

"We're free of clothes " and they walk away whistling :D

When our dog throws his paws up on my shoulders and gives a big cuddle trying his best to frantically lick my face :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When you find out Monday's deadline has moved to Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going abroad to a wedding this Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

When our dog throws his paws up on my shoulders and gives a big cuddle trying his best to frantically lick my face

I can confirm he is indeed the friendliest dog known to mankind! He's so affectionate and likes to lick you incessantly as if you were a piece of ham! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My dog has taken to sunning himself on the roof of my car. I went out this morning and here he is panned out on top of my car, fast asleep, basking in the heat from the firey sun.
    He stayed asleep or at least ignored me as I called him. So I sat into the car, started it and slowly moved it forward thinking it’d freak him out and he’d never claw his way onto my roof again. Wrong. Gently moved the car, no sign of him, got out to check and he was sitting like he was on the pope mobile, could hardly believe this magical new way of moving.

He’s going to make sh1t of my paint work but he makes me happier than my car makes me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Last night as I was coming back from the pub I saw a small bird. It was on the road by the curb and as I stood beside it I noticed it didn't fly away. So I picked it up. It swawked for a moment and tried to get away but was unsuccessfull because one of it's wings didn't seem to be functioning. I didn't want it to be splatted by a car. First time ever I picked up a bird after a night out.

I blanked out all the windows so it couldn't see daylight and it slept like a baby for 10 hours in the spare room. Then it came back to life in the afternoon so I decided to let it go back in the wild and picked a spot locally where there was lots of trees and bushes. Did you know if you pet a birds head it will actually respond like a cat.

I will never know what happened to it after I let it go. Maybe it didn't survive long but at least I got to know it for a short while and I hope I made it's death a little less brutal.

It was nice to meet this bird for a short while. Maybe I'm nuts but it did make me happy to look after it as brief as it was.

Here it is in my apartment the morning after.

20180609_161601_1.jpg

And here it is after I let it go:

20180609_165707_1.jpg

AllForIt wrote: »
    Last night as I was coming back from the pub I saw a small bird. It was on the road by the curb and as I stood beside it I noticed it didn't fly away. So I picked it up. It swawked for a moment and tried to get away but was unsuccessfull because one of it's wings didn't seem to be functioning. I didn't want it to be splatted by a car. First time ever I picked up a bird after a night out.

I blanked out all the windows so it couldn't see daylight and it slept like a baby for 10 hours in the spare room. Then it came back to life in the afternoon so I decided to let it go back in the wild and picked a spot locally where there was lots of trees and bushes. Did you know if you pet a birds head it will actually respond like a cat.

I will never know what happened to it after I let it go. Maybe it didn't survive long but at least I got to know it for a short while and I hope I made it's death a little less brutal.

It was nice to meet this bird for a short while. Maybe I'm nuts but it did make me happy to look after it as brief as it was.

Here it is in my apartment the morning after.

20180609_161601_1.jpg

And here it is after I let it go:

20180609_165707_1.jpg

Lovely story to wake up to.Thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

These two posts restore your faith in humans. I have a black car, covered in paw marks from my car. She's 17, so she allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

AllForIt wrote: »
    First time ever I picked up a bird after a night out.

well done, it's about time :D

Ah no only joking its a lovely story :)

Watching the cats lazing sprawled in the sun in the buttercup laden grass on the drive... rolling on their backs in the sun..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bit the bullet and went to the physio about my ever increasing knee and lower back pain/weakness.
    The area needed heat to show the extent of the injury, I had mentioned that my neck/shoulders were tight/sore(ish) due to environmental issues.

Physio put warm pads on the shoulder area as well, relieving most of the pain there.

TH, at the kindness and that it was considered part of the treatment and wasn't charged extra for it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement