Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Did you ride him?

Would you be jealous of her if she did?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I wanted a flower bed I could fill up (compost, fertilizer...) for a spot where the ground was poor and really sloping. Mr M said I could have some cobbles he is recycling from someone for another project, to build a little wall.
    Yesterday I dug some sort of foundation/bed for the wall to go on.
    Today, Mr M helped me build it (it was too hard !), and I love our wall :D

Very TH and proud, I was glancing at it all evening. I'm gonna have a ****load of hydrangeas in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I wanted a flower bed I could fill up (compost, fertilizer...) for a spot where the ground was poor and really sloping. Mr M said I could have some cobbles he is recycling from someone for another project, to build a little wall.
    Yesterday I dug some sort of foundation/bed for the wall to go on.
    Today, Mr M helped me build it (it was too hard !), and I love our wall :D

Very TH and proud, I was glancing at it all evening. I'm gonna have a ****load of hydrangeas in there.

Will be fab when full of colour , I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

so the 9yr old is getting very expressive lately with what he is saying. but I've noticed it a lot more the last 2/3weeks.

he was telling me a story earlier about a boy in his class doing something funny. just the way he was telling me the story, was so funny in itself:D.
    we were laughing so much with what he was saying.

I think i'm actually looking forward to the teen years now with this one:).
    smallies are cute, but they are a handful ..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My arm is moving up and down slightly as the cat breathes... Happy cat, safe and warm.... takes little to keep them content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Came out of the house on the way to placement this morning, it was lovely and mild and the council were cutting the grass so there was a lovely smell of fresh cut grass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sweeping the front path and I took my time as I was serenaded by the most musical blackbird .He was in full song and it was just beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I came across a lovely black and white cat and decided to try Sephy’s slow blinking thing.
    I felt a tad daft standing there, but after the second blink, the cat did a half blink, half eye roll thing.
    I walked away grinning, feeling like Dr. Doolittle :D

I am now sure there is a nest in the wild fuchsia at the back. Today the birds had a "lookout" posted atop it and he got very agitated and defensive when I was out there.

Cannot work out what he is birdwise,but he knows ;) The leaves are so dense and thick now.

AWWWWWWWWW

Makes me happy to see life growing..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

My daughter is napping. In her own bed. On her own. For the last 45 mins. I can count on less than one hand how many times this has happened before!

Having a hot cuppa with the cat :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ninjini wrote: »
    I came across a lovely black and white cat and decided to try Sephy’s slow blinking thing.
    I felt a tad daft standing there, but after the second blink, the cat did a half blink, half eye roll thing.

Next time, slowly squint and turn your head slightly away, it's a sign they can trust you 'cause you won't go for their throats. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Came across an absolutely massive glade of bluebells in the woods about a half a mile from my house. I haven't been in that woods for about 15 years and didn't remember it, but walking among the bluebells and ferns in the speckled sunshine with the red kites crying out overhead just made me so happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

We FINALLY took down our Christmas tree last night.
    No, I'm not joking. We had nowhere to store it and my boyfriend had thrown the box it came in out, so we were waiting for my parents to clear space in their shed to take it from us. It made the sitting room look so cluttered and it was up so long I was having to dust the baubles on it.
    Might not bother putting it up this year, I'm sick of the sight of it!

SusieBlue wrote: »
    We FINALLY took down our Christmas tree last night.
    No, I'm not joking. We had nowhere to store it and my boyfriend had thrown the box it came in out, so we were waiting for my parents to clear space in their shed to take it from us. It made the sitting room look so cluttered and it was up so long I was having to dust the baubles on it.
    Might not bother putting it up this year, I'm sick of the sight of it!

I did that one year as I was in hospital right after Christmas and left it there a long while,, My small artifical one got lost in the move though.. wonder if i could make one? That'd be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Can my TH be in the future? Because I'll be very TH at 11pm when I'm done work. Trying to use that as motivation to go in, as if I had a choice in the matter :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Two year old granddaughter on a sleepover. Should be fun.

Another fine day and the wild flowers in my little woodland are surprising me everyday with new varieties and subtle colours,

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Can my TH be in the future? Because I'll be very TH at 11pm when I'm done work. Trying to use that as motivation to go in, as if I had a choice in the matter :p

Of course it can. The anticipation is often the TH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

TH when my friend rings with juicy gossip.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Two weeks until all the woke bae type lads will finally wake up to the fact that they're not actually going to get the ride just because they voted yes...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ninjini wrote: »

TH ^^^ :D Keep at it :pac:
    New Home wrote: »
    Next time, slowly squint and turn your head slightly away, it's a sign they can trust you 'cause you won't go for their throats. :)

*Takes notes* :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

My 2000th post!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    My 2000th post!

Downhill all the way now. It's like the third album curse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Downhill all the way now. It's like the third album curse.

Only took 11 years to get here :pac:

Darkness has veiled the light and all is still and renewing silently . Happy too to be in a dark sky area and yet to have the comforting rhythms of lighthouses and the various harbour and buoy glows to guide us into home.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Only took 11 years to get here :pac:

Quality matters more than quantity...;)

The snoring of that child down in the room. She could snore for Ireland. But it's making us smile and remember her mother snoring almost as loudly decades ago.

They don't take after me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Suuuuure. :D

Suuuuure. :D

I have recordings to prove it. I always told Mrs S it would be my first exhibit at the divorce hearing. :)

I'd be wary of her recordings of you. ;)

• Advertisement

I'd be wary of her recordings of you. ;)

Don't judge others by your standards. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement