Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If you're ever stuck for something to knit, or to use up small amounts of left over wool, contact your nearest maternity hospital about little woollen caps for babies in premature baby units.

My mam is in a care home and they knit these tiny hats for the Coombe ! They love doing them . One woman bless her never gets the measurments right and her hats would fit a small egg !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Cotton wool clouds tinted pink and violet floating by the window against a bright sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Lovely boardsies! Just got good advice and totally cheered up over in the TA thread! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ohhh I think she's a lot closer than you think ;) :pac:

Any chance of knitting me a winter coat :3?

Happy to.. I knit anything for anyone; for a fair price and every cent feeds abandoned babies in Indai and Nepal who else would die. It is my family who do that work so I know all I send is used well,

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Well done ! I took up knitting a few years ago and found Knitting for Dummies great
    Also used you tube tutorials if I got stuck. I love it now and have a list of requests for babies !

Great! Working cabled fingerless gloves and matching wide headbands just now; planning more soccer colour hats for the summer and hoping to set up stall at my gate here.//always said my knitting is a well channeled nervous twitch ;)

• Advertisement

A passing "Love you", for no reason, as she leaves the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

northgirl wrote: »
    Thanks a million :) I hope it will be a good move.

I'm a very lucky girl just hope I won't be lonely :o
    The great thing about the internet is if you are feeling lonely while you settle in, you can always log into boards and it will be like you never left :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Ohhh I think she's a lot closer than you think ;) :pac:
    Glad to hear that :)

Hahaha . I am laughing at myself here because only now have I realised you can mute one persons on whatsapp !
    I have a friend in another country who thinks nothing of texting me at 3am !
    I leave my phone on because I need to be contactable for my mam . Now I can safely go asleep without the dreaded ping of some nonsense message !
    Its very TH to see a little mutey sign beside her name !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

A passing "Love you", for no reason, as she leaves the room.

Hearing things about you and Mrs S makes me hope that I'll have that in the future, hopefully with my current OH. That makes me TH :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

If you're ever stuck for something to knit, or to use up small amounts of left over wool, contact your nearest maternity hospital about little woollen caps for babies in premature baby units.

Also A Little Lifetime and others will be happy to accept hats, cardies etc, they even give patterns on their website.

They help parents and their loved ones who have experienced stillbirth and neonatal death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Just reading this thread makes me happy. Everyone is just so lovely to one another. I love hearing about all of your lives! And I love sharing my TH's with you all too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Getting to Lisbon for Eurovision- sure I dont get the grand final but I was at our semi and the Jury Final tonight so I know all the dialogue for tomorrow eve lol Come on Ireland (and Cyprus!)

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

only now have I realized you can mute a persons on whatsapp !

seeing a little mutey sign beside a name !

oooh I've just learnt something new:cool:

Happy at the sunshine and met.ie who advise that we must make hay while the sun shines as it is fixing to deluge and thunder later in the day. and frost in May...

Happy to plan and sort gardening stuff this morning so .most is in the planning..

Another bright calm morning and the birdsong along the road is tremendous. Took a walk this morning and there's a real sense of a good day in the air.

I was working on garden stuff at the front inside the big gate and realised the dog was staring transfixed at something on the tarmac lane, which is about 20 paces away .
    Not barking,just staring,

I move to her - and there is a huge hare, standing in the lane, staring back at her. She does not know what to make of it . When the hare sees me, it lollops slowly off.. Totally magical..

When I first came here i asked about rabbits. There are none as the ground is too hard to burrow, but we have hares. Hares nest .See them occasionally crossing the road when we are going for the boat, but to have one so close..

Happiness is hare- shaped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Live streaming! When your preferred sport involves horses you know you are in for an expensive pursuit trying to follow it, but there's a series of events that are being live streamed the last couple of years and it means that I can watch eventing from the UK from my sofa.
    Happy days! No one will see me for the weekend! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Graces7 wrote: »

I move to her - and there is a huge hare, standing in the lane, staring back at her. She does not know what to make of it . When the hare sees me, it lollops slowly off.. Totally magical..

Happiness is hare- shaped :)

I absolutely love hares. You can see a lot of them out round my parents house. There's nothing like the sight of a hare, early morning, sitting in the front garden almost meditating, surveying the lovely landscape before them.

Your post also reminds of that funny scene in Withnail and I.... Here. Hare here :pac:

Way back in a different place one of the then-cats came home with a headless hare... never did learn who got the head but the cat gorged himself then lay on the settee for days..

It was the way he was watching the dog and the cats. ...

• Advertisement

Happiness is good neighbours. I went out to collect a knife I had left as out Minibus was passing. Got a big wave and a toot on the horn;made my day.

Mrs S home from her walk in town with friends - more importantly she came home via the bakery.������

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Party at Srameen's house - bring your own dessert fork. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mrs S home from here walk in town with friends - more importantly she came home via the bakery.🍩🥐🍰
    New Home wrote: »
    Party at Sasha Thoughtless Bayou's house - bring your own dessert fork. :D

I'll put the kettle on for the tae and coffee for you and Mrs S Sasha Thoughtless Bayou :3 :pac:.

New Home wrote: »
    Party at Srameen's house - bring your own dessert fork. :D

A. You'd be very welcome but bring your own goodies, these are all accounted for.

B. Dessert forks? La-De-Da; we use our fingers.

I'll put the kettle on for the tae and coffee for you and Mrs S Srameen :3 :pac:.

No tea zone and you don't need a kettle for 'real coffee'. But come along anyway.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Way back in a different place one of the then-cats came home with a headless hare... never did learn who got the head but the cat gorged himself then lay on the settee for days..

It was the way he was watching the dog and the cats. ...

deleted .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A. You'd be very welcome but bring your own goodies, these are all accounted for.

B. Dessert forks? La-De-Da; we use our fingers.

:rolleyes: They're for stabbing people's hands away, not for eating with. Duh. :pac:
    My daughter found a foxes head in her suburban garden last week ? We still haven't figured that mystery out !

:( That's not a happy!!! Not at all!! :(

My daughter found a foxes head in her suburban garden last week ? We still haven't figured that mystery out !

Most likely it was killed on the road and scavenged until some scavenger tried to make off with the head - most likely a cat.

Now, less of the dead wildlife - we're in the happy thread. ;)

Happy here that we see and hear beautiful foxes regularly.

• Advertisement

A happy one so .! The little birds are all gorging on sunflower hearts on the feeder .Old and grey cat is eyeing them but the birds have him sussed and know full well he cant jump that high anymore . ! Cat is licking his lips and thinking he actually can

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement