Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I woke myself up with my snoring more than once, S., but at least I'm willing to admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Graces7 wrote: »
    Darkness has veiled the light and all is still and renewing silently . Happy too to be in a dark sky area and yet to have the comforting rhythms of lighthouses and the various harbour and buoy glows to guide us into home.
    That's poetry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New post in the unnerving thread.

(cheers grace ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that I'm finally in bed :D

I'm glad I live in the depths of the countryside where the referendum campaigners seldom venture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

New post in the unnerving thread.

(cheers grace ;))

Thought of thee when I posted that! Thank you! I have had an interesting life .

madmaggie wrote: »
    I'm glad I live in the depths of the countryside where the referendum campaigners seldom venture.

Amen to that. And read"never" for seldom.. And that goes for JWs too.. so far anyways!!!

To get to me a ferry ride and a long walk!

Happy to be snug and safe and alive.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

When I came home on Sunday evening after a weekend away, the kids actually missed me and ran to me for hugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

My missus has these hideous gumbies flip flop/sandals that she loves. She wears them everywhere. They're after getting a bit worn and she was looking at the website the other day so I just ordered her a new pair in this outrageous colour that I know she will love. It makes me TH that I know she'll be delighted :)

Heading to Waterford later, looking forward to scrummy food at Grow HQ.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Had an early fishing session; fishing was excellent. But my TH was the Nature. Had a brief conversation with an Otter who came close enough to touch my boots. The birdsong was majestic; every common garden bird plus skylarks, linnets, and chiffchaff. The volume was incredible. Kingfishers darted along the water and not another soul in sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Coffee date with the maddest sound aul bird I know

Had a phone interview with my placement supervisor person scheduled for today. She called at bang on noon, so glad to have it over with as I didn't know what to expect from it :)

northgirl wrote: »
    Coffee date with the maddest sound aul bird I know

Is that where Mrs S has gone off to?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Exams more than half over, and the worst of them behind me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I've not had a real holiday for quite a few years now due to commitments, I know and have been told that I badly need one. The trips to O/H in London are lovely and all, but they are not a holiday. I keep waking up with panic breathing, trying to figure out cash flow to meet all the things that need to be paid by a specific time and the holiday was getting lower and lower on the list.

Yes, I had another panic attack over it all, a few hours later a friend I don't see much with all my travelling asked me if I wanted to go away with her for a few days-her treat-as im not going to her wedding.

Not a great one for universal timings, but this couldn't have been better timed!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Had a lovely lunch out with my parents earlier today :)

On the way home, we stopped at the side of the road to buy strawberries. The strawberries were 5 euro each and he was also selling new potatoes for 9 euro.

My dad said to him, "give me 2 of the strawberry punnets and ill get some potatoes aswell if you give them to me for 7 euro"...rather than 9. The man said "sorry I can't do that" so then my dad said "ok, give me 2 of the strawberries for 4 euro each and I'll take the spuds for 9 then" and the fella selling them said "ok" :confused: :pac:

The wee lassie who slept over last night has just gone home. TH that she wanted to stay - shows she's happy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Came across an absolutely massive glade of bluebells in the woods about a half a mile from my house. I haven't been in that woods for about 15 years and didn't remember it, but walking among the bluebells and ferns in the speckled sunshine with the red kites crying out overhead just made me so happy :)

This will be my TH at the weekend. Going to see the bluebells on Saturday:)

More than TH that "the sun has got his hat on... and is coming out to play" as I had no idea what to do with my guests today if it had deluged.. So now we can go to Downpatrick Head etc in the best possible weather..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Sponge25

My XBOX One, would be lost without it.

Going to the coast for a long walk with Mrs S.

Got all the paperwork sent off for my possible move in September, glad to have it all out of the way, just have to wait to hear back now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

" nana , lets betend we are best friends and play hopscotch "

( I can do the scotch bit maybe but not the hop !! )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Last coffee date with the girl I share an office with. Aw.. :pac:

The way a bracing coastal breeze clears the head and invigorates. And the friendly "good morning" or just "Hi", given with a smile from fellow walkers.

The welcome given by cats and dog when I have been out all day...amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Graces7 wrote: »
    The welcome given by cats and dog when I have been out all day...amazing

With the dog the welcome was genuine...the cats were just hungry :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Booooo! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

New Home wrote: »
    Booooo! :mad:

Wrong thread trout!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement