Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Phonecall from oldest niece giving me financial advice ... how the tables have turned!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A pizza and DVD with friends earlier this evening

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Picking up my new bike this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Inspired by two nice boardsies and their batch cooking...

...i decided to send my freezer into its well earned 24h summer retreat. From -20 degrees to +30 for regeneration. As i’m sitting just behind the window i will hear it when the glacier is calving. :pac:

Can’t wait to put a refreshed and clean freezer back into action. And filling it with batch cooked meals.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,203 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Picking up my new bike this evening!

Bicycle or motorbike??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Inspired by two nice boardsies and their batch cooking...

...i decided to send my freezer into its well earned 24h summer retreat. From -20 degrees to +30 for regeneration. As i’m sitting just behind the window i will hear it when the glacier is calving. :pac:

Can’t wait to put a refreshed and clean freezer back into action. And filling it with batch cooked meals.:D

TH that my ( german branded ) freezer doesnt seem to suffer from ice buildup. :)

I'm another in favour of batch cooking ( known as feeding the freezer :D )

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

blade1 wrote: »
    Bicycle or motorbike??

Bicycle!

Motorbike is in the planning stages though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

A small bunch of yellow roses, a nice coffee, sun is shining, and a new book for later. I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I've had a lot of mixed experiences of the support staff in the local hospital here, I was delighted to see ppl buying those on strike today, their sandwich lunch in the closest supermarket.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The fine weather - and better weather to come.

• Advertisement

Bicycle!

Motorbike is in the planning stages though :)

I see, well wear with the bicycle and good to hear a motorbike is planned.
    I've just bought a new(used)motorbike myself but I'm trying to organise getting it shipped from the UK to me.

blade1 wrote: »
    I see, well wear with the bicycle and good to hear a motorbike is planned.
    I've just bought a new(used)motorbike myself but I'm trying to organise getting it shipped from the UK to me.

I just need to sort out the theory test and license first :) That's all happening in the next few weeks hopefully. I'll only be getting something small first to whip around on.

I just need to sort out the theory test and license first :) That's all happening in the next few weeks hopefully. I'll only be getting something small first to whip around on.

Nice one, enjoy it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That lovely cool breeze today, very refreshing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I've gotten approval to start this new CF drug once I have some tests in August. I've been warned it's not a miracle cure and I'll still have CF and need my other treatments. I don't care though, anything that can stabilise me or slow down the progression is welcome. Some people have reported more energy, less coughing, fewer infections. I'm excited to try it and see :)

My 'kraut rock' arrived!

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I've gotten approval to start this new CF drug once I have some tests in August. I've been warned it's not a miracle cure and I'll still have CF and need my other treatments. I don't care though, anything that can stabilise me or slow down the progression is welcome. Some people have reported more energy, less coughing, fewer infections. I'm excited to try it and see :)

Great news - hope it works out well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Succubus_ wrote: »

Best of luck with it I have fingers crossed for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Bredabe wrote: »
    My 'kraut rock' arrived!

So did my blu-ray of Space Jam! Small world

The lovely weather out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That I only had to sell one kidney to get car insurance! :) (but really, :/ )

• Registered Users Posts: 30,324 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

New Home wrote: »
    That I only had to sell one kidney to get car insurance! :) (but really, :/ )

Nearly all my family has got good insurance quotes in the last few years.
    All cars are ten years old and one is twenty.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Nearly all my family has got good insurance quotes in the last few years.
    All cars are ten years old and one is twenty.

I wouldn't call it exactly "good", just much better than the others. :/

"Nearly" all your family... is it because you had to sell your Granny to get it? :pac:

branie2 wrote: »
    The lovely weather out

And more of it tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sitting in the back garden with a glass of rosé and a bbq burger, himself thinking he’s Gordon Ramsay once in a blue moon. Listening to Backstreet Boys and reminiscing on the fact we both initially bonded over our mutual love for The Backstreet Boys :pac: conveniently glossing over the fact that my burger is burned and the bbq smoke is washing over my fresh clothes on the line because that would be being negative apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 21,851 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting in the back garden with a glass of rosé and a bbq burger, himself thinking he’s Gordon Ramsay once in a blue moon. Listening to Backstreet Boys and reminiscing on the fact we both initially bonded over our mutual love for The Backstreet Boys :pac: conveniently glossing over the fact that my burger is burned and the bbq smoke is washing over my fresh clothes on the line because that would be being negative apparently

The bbq will be a memory that will linger !
    (On the clothes on the line :D)

TH , the sun :)

Going to see Yesterday at the cinema tomorrow

branie2 wrote: »
    Going to see Yesterday at the cinema tomorrow

And I watched Friday on Wednesday! :pac:

Chilled Sharbat in this weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The weather the weather the weather. I know it is not everyone's cup of tea but jesus lads I am loving it.
    And it's the weekend!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement