Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

The smell of freshly baked goods. I baked chocolate muffins for my new housemates this morning. The smell in the kitchen was so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Meant to post this first.

Yesterday we ended up on the coast and as it was quite, brought the dogs for a walk,
    girl dog who is living on borrowed time, dragged me up a very rocky path to get to a patch of sea grass that had sea weed in it, even tho her hind legs arent strong usually.

The look on her face when she ran on the beach and looked at the waves deciding on a swim or not(she has not felt up to a sea walk in months)

Today she is absolutely flaked out with it all, a healthy tired instead of the horrible cancer tired she always is.
    :):):):):):):D:D:D:D

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Bredabe wrote: »
    Meant to post this first.

Yesterday we ended up on the coast and as it was quite, brought the dogs for a walk,
    girl dog who is living on borrowed time, dragged me up a very rocky path to get to a patch of sea grass that had sea weed in it, even tho her hind legs arent strong usually.

The look on her face when she ran on the beach and looked at the waves deciding on a swim or not(she has not felt up to a sea walk in months)

Today she is absolutely flaked out with it all, a healthy tired instead of the horrible cancer tired she always is.
    :):):):):):):D:D:D:D

In the same boat with mine. Trying hard to prepare myself . She was up to a swim in the lake and a forest walk recently . And she was almost her old self afterwards .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Posting this for Kat Th we get to see her kitty

Thank you!!!!

Oh he is terribly bold, destroying everything and biting me! But he is so cute. Also thought it was a girl so now I can't really call him Penny :( He is currently called Little Scut until I choose a name! I love him soooooo much!!

Also TH that my boyfriend's parents are amazing! They mind the kitty all day when I'm at work. They don't mind that I'm a crazy cat lady and really over protective of him! Fabulous people!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Youghal looking nice this morning and ready to welcome the iron man to town

sm59ph.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It’s Friday! Bonus - I’m not in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

I was on the roof of the factory looking at the sunrise at 5.16...impressive ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's Summer Solstice - the longest day of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

New season of Dark on Netflix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Shaving my head smooth.
    Getting my finances increasingly under control.
    My new G-Shock.
    Sunshine.
    A free evening with nothing that has to be done.
    Having time to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I wear lots of black and grey. This morning my five year old grandson informed me I was looking too sad and insisted I change into brighter clothes. So dropped him to school dressed in cream pants and bright colourful top, which was lurking at the back of the wardrobe.

Changed back to my sombre grey for some meetings. Got a while to spare before I collect him so may add a little more colour to my wardrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Poochie05 wrote: »
    It’s Friday! Bonus - I’m not in work!

Same here - it's great

Lying out in my back garden, soaking up the sun with my dog beside me! :) More days like this please!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I lover going to the barbers and getting a tight haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

***Happy Friday afternoon....***

After a little bike tour this morning i got the missing four hooks for my final temporary sunsail. Total costs 99 cents...the rest was sourced from storage.:P

Tea, water, radio, my vape gear and the tablet for having a look at the world under my shadowy sail at 26 degree is just perfect. Fruity white wine is cooling in the fridge...:D

Get yourself something to enjoy.;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th is On Wednesday my favorite wee man came for a visit, he's walking now :eek:, still a bit wobbly though :D I went out to greet them and I was holding his little hand and walked into the house with him :3:D he was walking all around the kitchen opening up all the drawers and pulling stuff out :3. I was standing in the middle of the kitchen and he wobbled over to me and clung onto my leg with his little arms reached up so I'd pick him up :3 and I brought him over too the window and he was pointing out the window saying "voooo voooo" :3 he means moo, they live the country and have cows grazing in fields next to the house, and then I put him down and the kitchen door was open and he made a beeline for it so I chased after him telling him I was gonna catch and he was giggling mad :3.

Late Night was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

The County Council planting trees. It's very very very rare though.

The nice weather we had yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Watching the Cruise Liners berthing on a sunny day... I love Cruise Watching

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Jam packed day ahead, normally this would be a TA for a Saturday, but sure, I'm full of energy and ready to rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Manager yesterday asked me to work tomorrow and I told him I’d think about it. Just texted him asking if he still needed someone and he said he got someone else to do it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Sorry I'm so annoying about my kitten!

But I'm trying to find him a name and I really want something Harry Potter inspired! I found some hilarious names online that I found highly amusing:

Harry Pawter
    Purrrrcy
    Mad Eye Kitty
    Meowfoy

Oh man they're funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,208 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There was a guy in Supermacs who was very friendly to me(Like he knew me.) the last few times I was there and I had no idea who he was.
    I went again last night and he said ''Hello James''.Then I knew neither of us knew one another.
    So, I was happy that I hadn't forgotten somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Eating watermelon under a shade in the sun and letting it dribble into the grass !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Lovely time with a friend, catching up, visiting nice places, having nice food and even a few glasses of wine :pac:

And quiet hotel rooms! Contrast to the night before in a different hotel. Windows and corridor soundproofed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The young lad next door called in. We sat outside, eating choc ices, talking about everything and nothing. I like to think that when he's older, and I'm long gone, he'll remember the daft ould one, and the choc ices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Bargain alerts forum on boards showed how to get dublin airport fast track for free.

Terminal 1 was very very busy this morning. Not the worst I've ever seen but seriously busy. 15 minutes for security.

My fast track got me through in 3 minutes, yaaaaaay

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    Sorry I'm so annoying about my kitten!

Far from it!

There all nice name but ehhh, I think a name such as sephers would suit him better :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

Listening to the new Bruce Springsteen album having heard great reviews.

Amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement