Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭JohnCreedon81

Mtv rocks 50 greatest indie anthems!

Post drinks evening naps on the couch <3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching episodes of the first season of the original series of Star Trek this evening on DVD

Ah Jesus. I think I've seen it all. I was sitting at the kitchen table listening to the antics of the two little ones and the 4-year-old went into rebellion because her 2-year-old brother, who idolises her, took her teddy. So the wife decided to have a... court case in the kitchen on this issue! Live, in my kitchen. Brilliant.

The chairs were moved away from the table and up with her majesty to sit on two of them to my right as I looked from the table. The 2-year-old, meanwhile, just kept sitting in his tractor to the left in the kitchen looking up at his big sister launching the prosecution against him for teddy robbing, glancing over at me in bewilderment from time to time, but always returning my smile with a lovely big bright-eyed smile. The 4-year-old was flourishing with her case, getting off her seat to pout, put her hands on her hips and whatever other movements she's getting from Elsa/Sophia/Elena of Avalor etc. I burst out laughing at all these hilarious expressions but that only got me in trouble with her. So, serious face on thereafter as I listened to her.

Then the wife, who's sitting between her majesty's row of seats and himself sitting in his tractor looking up with a smile, starts using Latin words! She says she's making an ad litem defence for himself and that because of his age there should be a presumption of doli incapax. The 4-year-old, who has clearly been studying her law, said that the latter was technically "not fair". After some toing and froing with the arguments, the 2-year-old untangles himself from his tractor, walks over with the teddy to herself, says 'Sorry' and hands it to her and they both hug each other and smile the biggest smiles - and she says that he can keep the teddy!

Feck the STEM subjects - the Arts are where the craic is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Getting out of work an hour early and getting over €20 in tips in the last two days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Is there a Ted shaped space in your bags?
    Any room for me in your suitcase :D?

If both of you weigh less than 10 kgs you can come. Too stingy to pay for check in luggage!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Just realised that my Twitter is full of 4 groups, the gays, the gooners, boxing fans and tech heads

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Poochie05 wrote:
    If both of you weigh less than 10 kgs you can come. Too stingy to pay for check in luggage!

I'll hold my breath when bag is being weighed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »

I'll take a shrinking tablet that lasts 10 hours :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Ah it's raining. Lovely, lovely rain. All curled up nice and warm inside and no reason to feel guilty for staying in. I love this weather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Ah it's raining. Lovely, lovely rain. All curled up nice and warm inside and no reason to feel guilty for staying in. I love this weather :D

:eek:

• Advertisement

RMAOK wrote: »
    :eek:

This is my revenge for all of the happy posts about the "lovely weather" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

You’re like my best friend that way and I just don’t get it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

This is my revenge for all of the happy posts about the "lovely weather" :p

No blowback from not going to the shítefest last night I hope?

No blowback from not going to the shítefest last night I hope?

Thankfully none! It sounds like they had a great time and I'm glad, also glad I didn't have to go! :p Thanks for asking :) I hope you're getting on ok yourself, I know it's been a rough time for you lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

Thankfully none! It sounds like they had a great time and I'm glad, also glad I didn't have to go! :p Thanks for asking :) I hope you're getting on ok yourself, I know it's been a rough time for you lately.

Bouncebackability....it's hard to keep a good man down...or good to keep a hard man down?..
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,099 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Haha !! After all our posts about the lovely weather its lashing snow here !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Awwwww!! I want one :)

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Awwwww!! I want one :)

That looks a bit like E.T.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Olly Murs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got better than I deserved marks for my class prez, not great but over the pass mark, so happy enough with it. Just the dredded class feedback to deal with now. But a quarter of a pass in the bag for now!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Got better than I deserved marks for my class prez, not great but over the pass mark, so happy enough with it. Just the dreaded class feedback to deal with now. But a quarter of a pass in the bag for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just passed someone who was on the phone shouting “I am not rude, shut the fcuk up you whore!
    And I think I wanna turn around and be friends with her :pac:

This date next month the worst of the year will be over at last!!!!!1
    BRING.IT.ON!

Watching Shakespeare and Hathaway: Private Investigators on BBC 1 last week and today. It's very good so far.

Road trips with great music playing :)

Helping my father get rid of a tree stump this afternoon

Autosport wrote: »
    Road trips with great music playing :)

It would depend on what would be classed as 'great music'.....

RMAOK wrote: »
    It would depend on what would be classed as 'great music'.....

Give us a few tunes and I’ll say if they were played or not

Happy that I’m now eating pancakes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Seeing photo's of my niece in her princess dress :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I bought a new microwave. I haven't had a microwave for years, not since the last one blew up. Not my fault, honestly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement