Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not saying that my job is stressed at this time of year but;

One of my colleagues was watching a work video file on her phone as the broadband is bouncing because of the breeze, her boss interrupted her and as he was walking away told her that her phone was talking to her.

Hysterical laughing and prolonged giggling followed.

How would have thought in a office of 15 ppl that they would have phones that talk!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The lady and the mouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got loads done today already. My TV is also working again thanks to the lovely guys on the Satellite forum here so I can watch stuff over the weekend :) Also buying bleach in the shopping so am going to clean all the floors and worktops/bathroom. I want to have a nice clean flat coming up to Christmas (one can only dream).

• Registered Users Posts: 40,154 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

off to the pub in 5 mins

off to the pub in 5 mins

And I'm going at 5.30..😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My boyfriend proofreading my essay and asking me good questions about things I haven’t explained enough and giving me feedback to help with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I've been in TA thread once or twice about my manager having loooooooong meetings on Friday evenings. Sometimes over an hour discussing pretty much nothing at all

He was out today so my assistant manager setup the meeting. She made two points, went around the table for everyone to add something if they wish and boom! over in 12 minutes

Proper order!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

safe inside as gales rock and rattle.. happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

WhatsApp. Hourly updates from The Netherlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My new job is 200m away from my old one! Still close to Heuston!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was away for a few days, the first time I had ever left my 6 Yr old for longer than one night. I picked her up from school and she hadn't been expecting me. She ran at me, leapt up into my arms and started crying big splashy tears telling me she was only crying because she was happy :). She held my hand and beamed up at me all the way home. I was quite taken aback but delighted. I'm going to relive that memory on days like today when she is completely hectic and melting my few remaining brain cells, lol:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Got our broadband set up in about 5 mins today.

TV tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Fantastic Beasts - the Crimes of Grindlewald at the cinema this evening; I thought it was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Impromptu fish supper, shared with the cat, and now all snug listening to the wind blowing a gale outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Happy to un-cover more Floor-space and free up space and finding things I lost or that have been missing while trying to do a big clean-up.
    northgirl wrote: »
    Got our broadband set up in about 5 mins today.

TV tomorrow. :)
    Jaysus that's great! Whoever you're with it musn't be Voda! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

My mam was at a book launch for a local woman tonight, and met the man who was my main mentor when I was at the radio station, who I presume was there recording. She was telling him I was thinking of doing a course at the BBC and he said that I was a natural on the radio and that if I needed a reference he’d be more than happy to give it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Delighted with myself. No smoking or drinking since last Saturday night. I almost caved tonight for a smoke, went on treadmill instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

happy reading so many happies... Thank you!

happy at my online electricity bill as my careful consumption is blessedly low

TH when fierce wind and rain passes through in the night, leaving another gift of a morning.

Going for a pre-Christmas meal with friends this afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The smells of a wood fire and the rind of clementines. :)

Friendly neighbours. Took a walk to the shop for the paper (9km); offered a lift mid way there and twice on the way back. I didn't need, nor avail of the offers but it's kind of people to ask.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th having a great day fishing with my eldest brother, not only did we see giant carp but giant meat eater ants who kept crawling on our seats 😮, I guess you could say they scared the carp outta me :pac: 😁😆

*Gets coat*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Impromptu fish supper, shared with the cat, and now all snug listening to the wind blowing a gale outside.

I bet she enjoyed the carp :pac: out of that fish dinner poochie :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Have a horrible day scheduled for me on Monday, assuming I survive that, not a single horrible thing on the horizon until NYE.
    I hate NYE with a passion, but have a plan to tune out the hype.
    Multiple TH's

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

branie2 wrote: »
    Going for a pre-Christmas meal with friends this afternoon

It was delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Being cosy and warm indoors with the perfect cuppa.

SirChenjin wrote: »
    Being cosy and warm indoors with the perfect cuppa.

So true. Curtains drawn, fire lit, lights dimmed and TV on. What's not to like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

So true. Curtains drawn, fire lit, lights dimmed and TV on. What's not to like?

Contemplating the above with The Omen 2.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

One more little big happy! :)

Clothes or pyjamas left on the radiator until they're nice and toasty: when you put them on it's pure bliss. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement