Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Remembering a particularly funny moment in one of the Ricky Gervais podcasts and going to seek it out, then finding loads of other forgotten ones.

Replacing a fire engine siren with a chicken noise is the one I was thinking of here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Man City not being invincible

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Try_harder wrote:
    Man City not being invincible

Aye, that is a good TH

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Contemplating the above with The Omen 2.. :pac:

Brave woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Chicken curry with rice and chips. Nice hot stove, good movie, quiet house. Bliss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

hmmmmm.......never taking the roof over my head for granted....

that I caught the errant cat as he was seeking where to pee and saw him gently out of the door! Phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Off to Limerick after great weekend with Sis and her fam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A beautiful dawn this morning and the still air.

Managing to fill the coal bucket JUST before the next deluge hit! It was a very near thing though.. ;)

• Advertisement

Took a walk up the bog and the air is fresh, clean and invigorating. TH to be able to enjoy such simple beautiful scenery, being well enough to do so, and not having a care in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Getting the Santa letter written and posted at last.

This will likely be our last Santa year before the myth is broken so am lapping it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th happy me and brother earlier telling my mam about the giant ants from yesterday, we told her we brought some back with us and she was saying "ahhh feck what did ye bring them back for" then I told I her one was on her and she believed me and sqeeched a bit 😁 and then I told her I was only joking and she told to "get outta that now ya rascal" cue me howling with laughter then 😆😁

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bought one of those random colours balls of wool . You are never sure how they will knit up . I knit a cardi for a baba and just got a photo of her in it ! She looks like a little dolly mixture with legs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Just met Santa :D It's getting closer to the big day :)

Autosport wrote: »

well, if he plans to come here he will have to book the ferry same as everyone else ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Autosport wrote: »

I don’t think it’s sunk in how close Christmas is yet, I don’t even feel the Christmas spirit yet :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Graces7 wrote: »
    well, if he plans to come here he will have to book the ferry same as everyone else ;)

Nope, he flies, remember?

New Home wrote: »
    Nope, he flies, remember?

And can cope with all weather; hail rain, snow, gales, and even fog (with a little help from the super Sub).

Seeing the younger grandchildren's growing excitement, and hearing all their Christmas plans, brings back all the magic. 🎅

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The sunset in the evenings

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Graces,

1. He lands on the roof, he doesn't need a helipad! rolleyes.png
    2. I take it that's your way of saying you're on his Naughty List, and that it's a bad case of sour grapes. I see. cool.png

pacman.gifpacman.gifpacman.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Lazy afternoon on the sofa. Candle lit. Nap had. Still coming round :D

TH, grandchild had a medical scare today but all checked out and given the all clear. I had been avoiding replying to Mrs S's Whatapps all day, so as not to spoil her trip. I can now honestly rely that all is well here.

Thank God for that, Srameen, it must be such a relief!!

Herself just marched the little ones over to the stairs for the leaba. The not-even-two-year-old was let in the child gate at the bottom of the stairs first. He closed the gate after him, leaving the others on the other side, and told them, in baby words, 'Not by the hair of your chinny chin chin!' and laughed.

He's a hug machine these days. He's just full of hugs and love and love and love. Last night he told me 'I love you, daddy' and then repeated it using my first name. He said this loads of times, and then topped it off with 'I love you so, so much, my daddy!'. Jesus! He hugs everybody and every thing, and emulates his older sister by bringing the bábóga, as he calls them, around the house in their baby pink prams and making sure they have everything - he was trying to give one of them Calpol this morning (or, rather, putting the locked Calpol bottle to her face).

He never stops retelling the big bad wolf story and he does a deep voice for the wolf. It's so much brilliance with the baby words and hand movements to compensate for what the words fail to convey. He's soaking up everything the adults do and say, and the way they say it, quite impressively. Every time I correct his Irish or English, he repeats the correction out loud to help him remember it. I'm genuinely impressed with that. And the wife, as always, just stops and tells me how amazing he is "seriously"!!! The look of constant amazement on her on this topic never fails to entertain me. Last week he ran into me in the bedroom with a white sheet covering him and declared with a roar 'Is mise an púca!' before hitting his little head on the wardrobe in front of him! Glory days, glory days!

New Home wrote: »
    Thank God for that, Srameen, it must be such a relief!!

It arose mid morning and I was quite sure it would be ok but doctor insisted on hospital; you can't be too careful with infants. But, yes, still a relief when it's all over. Thanks.

Definitely a case of better safe than sorry! :)

Fuaranach, I think I need to borrow your children. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Looking forward to New Years Eve, going out for a meal and ringing in the New Year at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

This sounds very trivial, but I happened to be driving behind someone tonight, driving slowly and carefully, boot slightly ajar, because they were bringing home the Christmas tree. Aww.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

TH doing a bit of Christmas shopping yesterday, went to Pennys and got a great hoddy top reduced from €10 to €3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement