Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

TH that the RTE Christmas Guide is coming out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That the wind has stopped and blessed peace lies gently over land and ocean.. resting in the sheer silence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Enjoying the silence in the office. Getting up and out early has it's advantages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Have the flu since last Thursday.
    After waking in a bog of sweat this morning it finally seems to be going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Another pleasant morning and a friend has phoned to say he's calling to go for a walk.

• Advertisement

Where are all the Happys today?

Mrs S is home and had a great trip. Lots of catching up to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My new sofa arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Try_harder wrote: »
    My new sofa arrived

That's sofa king amazing!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The kitty cat keeping me company while I work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My cat has claimed my old sofa which is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Cat had laryngitis all week and a silent wide mouth meow . Today he managed a squeak and was delighted with himself !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    The kitty cat keeping me company while I work

No better company! Are they helping :3?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

No better company! Are they helping :3?

Not a bit of it, she's fast asleep! I had to put a blanket on the table beside me as she was trying to curl up on the keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Lights are off, fire is lit, Christmas tree lit up and Home Alone is on the TV. Can't wait for Christmas holidays!!!

socks. small things mean so much these cold mornings ;) They are warm too as the cat was sleeping on them ;)

Getting encouraged to all get all glammed up for our Christmas do. Persuaded to wear trés sexy dress instead of jeans/top combo.. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Getting encouraged to all get all glammed up for our Christmas do. Persuaded to wear trés sexy dress instead of jeans/top combo.. :pac:

All the lads will be like this when you walk in the door :pac:

GrizzledAgitatedIchneumonfly-max-1mb.gif

There's only one I'll be caring about but with all my colleagues there I'll have to stay away all night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

2 weeks today is Christmas Day

branie2 wrote: »
    2 weeks today is Christmas Day

200.gif

:pac:

• Advertisement

Got one of the boxes from under the table..... A tangle of Christmas lights.. and they all, three sets, work! evocative as this time last year I had no electricity so they never got unpacked... Although where? With the cats!

Will sort all this at the weekend. But a far cry from last year! ALLELUIA!

With the demise of the old incandescent light bulb, we have been struggling with the new halogen type and never got good enough light. Bit the bullet and bought LED bulbs and the difference is amazing; can read in comfort, Mrs S can see for crafting work, and it's a more even light. They are expensive but the results are excellent.

Th thinking I was trouble but then getting off the hook :3 :pac:

200.gif

:pac:

Nice one!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My niece’s pre school Christmas concert. She was fabulous! As were all the other little dotes. My other niece who is not yet in pre-school sat on my lap for the whole thing, kept shouting “that’s my sister X, I know him!!!” (Everyone is “him”)
    Reminded me of this
    47P4.gif
    She was singing along to all the songs too and made a beeline for the stage several times. Made a holy show of us but sure isn’t that what it’s about. Love the bones of them. They turn me into a total ejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I got told off by a four year that its not Baby Jesus , Its Baby Jeez

( cos there only one you see )

Th happy walking home I met a black cat that I met from a few weeks ago, they came running over to me meowing mad and rubbing off my leg and heading butting hand for rubs, made my day :3:3

Th happy walking home I met a black cat that I met from a few weeks ago, they came running over to me meowing mad and rubbing off my leg and heading butting hand for rubs, made my day :3:3

My wee new one is on the bed, headbutting my hand, purring like an engine, pawing the keyboard.... awwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Santa replied! Love it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Submitted an assignment that had me stressed out! Good riddance!

And tomorrow’s Christmas in the flat, so I’m looking forward to that :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement