Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostage/Siege in French Supermarket - Islamic State angle

Options

Comments

Hey, that's not really fair.
    I didn't post this thinking : oh goody goody, I'll get lots of likes, in fact I haven't even been to the post to see if it has lots of likes.

And I said I don't have a problem with people posting these kind of things, but rather this attempt to judge me because I didn't "like" the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

And I said I don't have a problem with people posting these kind of things, but rather this attempt to judge me because I didn't "like" the post.

Yeah, I get that.
    Sometimes if it's an opinion post, it can be interesting to see who thanked and in contrast, who didn't.
    I don't normally look at RIP posts but it wouldn't occur to me to look for the people who didn't thank one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You're still doing it. You are still using his death to try and attack other posters. Have you no shame at all?

His death is a result of failed immigration policies, the failed idea of multiculturalism, policies which some would like us to continue and even expand.
    If his unfortunate death means that people change their opinion and thus ultimately prevent further similar deaths down the road then at least it will be something good to come out of this sad event.
    I said shaming people with mental health issues causes suicides. Do you think jmayo has mental health issues?

That's it.
    I am starting a list and you are on it. :mad:

Yeah, I get that.
    Sometimes if it's an opinion post, it can be interesting to see who thanked and in contrast, who didn't.
    I don't normally look at RIP posts but it wouldn't occur to me to look for the people who didn't thank one.

Normally I never would look at who thanked an RIP type post.
    I do sometimes thank them because I agree with their opinion of said departed individual.

In this case I didn't really consider your post an RIP post, but a post lauding the heroism of a police officer who died saving others from yet another muslim extremist terrorist atrocity.

And as someone else pointed out it was very noticable who did and did not thank your post.
    Looking through the list of people who thanked it, it is very obvious even to a blind man the dearth of posters from one particular side of the fence.

Of course to some I am using this man's death to further a point.
    Damn straight I am using his death to further my argument, just like I use and will use every casualty to muslim extremists to further my argument that they are not needed nor desirable in our countries and in our societies.

And before some get all sanctimonious just remember how the open borders, save a refugee side leapt on the pictures of a poor dead child washed up on a beach on a holiday island to further their agenda.

jmayo wrote: »
    And as someone else pointed out it was very noticable who did and did not thank your post.
    Looking through the list of people who thanked it, it is very obvious even to a blind man the dearth of posters from one particular side of the fence.

Rubbish. What side of the fence am I on? You can know my opinions on immigration, Islam, multiculturalism, etc simply because I didn't thank the post? Crap on that logic.
    Of course to some I am using this man's death to further a point.
    Damn straight I am using his death to further my argument, just like I use and will use every casualty to muslim extremists to further my argument that they are not needed nor desirable in our countries and in our societies.

You're passing judgement on posters not based on their written opinions, but simply on whether they thanked a post about the police officer dying.

• Advertisement

Klaz and Jmayo, they're both good points.
    It's indicative and it's not.
    Some thanks or lack thereof may be more significant sometimes in more polarized debates, but one can't jump to conclusions from thanks on a post either.

Now now, shake handies.

Rubbish. What side of the fence am I on? You can know my opinions on immigration, Islam, multiculturalism, etc simply because I didn't thank the post? Crap on that logic.

You appear to think this was just aimed at you.
    And you are right I don't know your full opinions on everything, but I can damn well name some of the most vociferous vehement pro immigration, pro islam, pro multiculturalism posters around here who did not thank that post.

In fact it is noticable how many of one "side of the fence" haven't touched this thread.
    Maybe the penny has finally dawned on them that all their deflection, all their whataboutery can't hide the facts of yet another islamist atrocity.
    You're passing judgement on posters not based on their written opinions, but simply on whether they thanked a post about the police officer dying.

Ah come on.
    I am not passing judgement based on whether they thanked a single post, or even on one single post they posted, but on a whole slew of posts.
    To me this was just another pointer.

Anyway this is going round in bloody circles at this stage and we can agree to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

More signs of the problem in France - elderly Jewish woman murdered by her Muslim neighbour in apparent anti-Semitic attack.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/police-treating-killing-of-elderly-woman-in-paris-as-anti-semitic-attack-1.3441087

This is one of a number of anti-Semetic murders by Muslims in France over the last 12-18 months. No problem indeed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

What that article fails to mention and the french papers hadn't, is that she had already gone to the police several times because he threatened to set her on fire on a few occasions. She had bars installed at the windows and all because of the threats

She was stabbed 11 times and then indeed, set on fire.

The other victim mentioned in the article was beaten to death and then thrown of the balcony by a muslim from Mali while he was yelling the usual slogan.

inforfun wrote: »
    What that article fails to mention and the french papers hadn't, is that she had already gone to the police several times because he threatened to set her on fire on a few occasions. She had bars installed at the windows and all because of the threats

She was stabbed 11 times and then indeed, set on fire.

The other victim mentioned in the article was beaten to death and then thrown of the balcony by a muslim from Mali while he was yelling the usual slogan.

Yeah, read all that in other coverage alright. I believe there's been at least 4 anti-Semitic murders carried out by Muslims in France over the past 2 years. Imagine the (justified) outcry there would be if this was non-Muslims? You'd have thousands marching in the streets, hashtags and social media campaigns galore, and politicians falling over each other to enact legislation.

• Advertisement

A jewish restaurant in Amsterdam, Ha Carmel has a open account at the window replacement business.
    Jewish people are attacked all over Europe but apparently they deserve it because palestina

Gravelly wrote: »
    More signs of the problem in France - elderly Jewish woman murdered by her Muslim neighbour in apparent anti-Semitic attack.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/police-treating-killing-of-elderly-woman-in-paris-as-anti-semitic-attack-1.3441087

This is one of a number of anti-Semetic murders by Muslims in France over the last 12-18 months. No problem indeed.

Since 2006 40,000 French Jews have emigrated to Israel.
    There are estimated to be 500,000 in the French Jewish community.

And the amount of anti-semitic attacks in France has increased dramatically over the last number of years.

In April 2017 Sarah Halimi, a 66-year-old Jewish teacher and physician, was murdered by her Muslim neighbor.
    It was only after pressure from Jewish groups that Anti-Semtisim was included in the indictment against Halimi’s killer, Kobili Traore a Mail native.

Funnily enough he was hospitalised after claiming insanity.

The case bears similarity to that of the kidnapping, torture and murder of a possible distant relative Ilan Halimi in 2006 by a group where authorities did not want to admit anti-semitism was involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

inforfun wrote: »
    A jewish restaurant in Amsterdam, Ha Carmel has a open account at the window replacement business.
    Jewish people are attacked all over Europe but apparently they deserve it because palestina

Indeed. It's a bit ironic that Europe's Jewish population seem to be the first sacrificial lamb, being offered to create this multicultural utopia.

Klaz and Jmayo, they're both good points.
    It's indicative and it's not.
    Some thanks or lack thereof may be more significant sometimes in more polarized debates, but one can't jump to conclusions from thanks on a post either.

Now now, shake handies.

okie dokies.

SSr0 wrote: »
    Indeed. It's a bit ironic that Europe's Jewish population seem to be the first sacrificial lamb, being offered to create this multicultural utopia.

I'm surprised they aren't resisting this in a stronger and more unified way. Given what happened the last time Jews in Europe were targeted, and the Jewish vow of Never Again, I would have expected at the very least, very vocal response from the Jewish community on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

heroes send off for Beltrame today any pictures of the vermins funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

heroes send off for Beltrame today any pictures of the vermins funeral?

The less they talk about the animal the better as publicity is what they want. Concentrate on the heroes and victims.

Probably already in the ground in Morocco last weekend.
    That religion requires that is done within 24 hours so we have to respect that, right....

I'm surprised they aren't resisting this in a stronger and more unified way. Given what happened the last time Jews in Europe were targeted, and the Jewish vow of Never Again, I would have expected at the very least, very vocal response from the Jewish community on this.

There are Jewish advocacy groups and they did put pressure on French authorities to include anti-semitism in the charges against those that carried out attacks on Jews.

But lets face it, Jews are the bete noire of the left, the liberal media types due to Palestine and Israel's links with US.
    They are probably just one rank below that of white males in the order of disdain they are held by some.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

fash wrote: »
    I gather that he was shot by the criminal, the police heard the shots (over the open phone line?), then used that as a cue to enter and neutralise the criminal.

I read that account also,but I did'nt interpret it as clearly as that.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5901774/french-hero-cop-supermarket-hostage/

It now does indeed appear,that the Criminal inflicted knife wounds on the Colonel before shooting him with a pistol.

Sad end for a brave professional soldier,but most assuredly No Victory,not even the scent of one,for this criminal and his,made-up cause :mad:.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

His death is a result of failed immigration policies, the failed idea of multiculturalism, policies which some would like us to continue and even expand.
    If his unfortunate death means that people change their opinion and thus ultimately prevent further similar deaths down the road then at least it will be something good to come out of this sad event.

There's certainly an argument to be made in that regard. It's an argument made before and argued before. My issue is not with that. My issue is with yourusing his death as an attack on people simply for not liking a post.
    That's it.
    I am starting a list and you are on it. :mad:

Facebook beat you to it.

The CRIF is the main body acting for the Jewish community over there. They're no angels either and there has been some controversy about them in the past (and still ongoing). I don't understand all of it, but I agree with a bit of an uproar today where they were doing a peaceful and silent march for Mireille Knoll (the elderly victim) and M. Le Pen and Melenchon turned up. They were booed and whistled off, they had to leave the march.
    Crif said they wanted to avoid "extremes", of course they did and they were right.

https://www.20minutes.fr/societe/2245607-20180328-marche-blanche-mireille-knoll-jean-luc-melenchon-marine-pen-chahutes-foule

The poor woman escaped La raffle du Vel D'hiv where lots of Jewish children were rounded up in a velodrome and sent off to die in camps, and later married a survivor of Auschwitz, and she knew one of the perpetrators from his childhood growing up next door to her.
    The same guy was tried and sentenced for sexually assaulting the daughter of Mireille's home help in her apartment, and he had other previous convictions for violence etc...
    He wasn't alone as a homeless guy who seems to hang around sometimes with him (for robbing stuff) turned up, and seemingly one of them said to the other : she's Jewish, she must have money. (Apparently poor Mireille didn't really, she lived very modestly, and was disabled with Parkinson's)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Truck attack on soldiers this morning in France.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43582325

Probably a Buddhist.

Truck attack on soldiers this morning in France.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43582325

Probably a Buddhist.

Something to be said for not jumping the gun.
    a stolen Peugeot 208

Something to be said for not jumping the gun.

I went by the original BBC headline, which said truck.

I went by the original BBC headline, which said truck.

Was this line also missing?
    Prosecutors in Grenoble said the attack was not being treated as a terrorist incident.

Was this line also missing?

This line wasn't missing:
    The driver shouted in Arabic at the soldiers before the attack

This line wasn't missing:

That's true. You reckon that means it was terrorism? I wonder why they didn't print what he actually said.

That's true. You reckon that means it was terrorism? I wonder why they didn't print what he actually said.

No, doesn't necessarily mean it's terrorism, but probably rules out an accident, or the French far-right (which apparently is THE REAL DANGER). Arabic-shouting men deliberately driving vehicles at people in France does lead one to suspect a certain angle, but perhaps that's due to racism, or toxic masculinity, or islamophobia or something.

• Advertisement

I agree, he was probably saying, my brakes don't work, quickly move out of the way.

Advertisement