Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostage/Siege in French Supermarket - Islamic State angle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

The word "hero" is often used inappropriately, referring to sports players and the like. Never was it more apt than here. RIP, Mort pour la France.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Phoebas wrote: »
    You got here right on time.
    We were just exiting from a protracted period of terrorism.

lol.. I was actually in Donegal for over year in the 80s and I remember being in Letterkenny one day when the tension in the air was thick and heavy. There had been a bombing incident nearby even then

Would not live anywhere else now but Ireland.

• Site Banned Posts: 160 ✭✭dermo888

This incident and others like it mean that drastic measures are required. Ladies and Gentlemen, the origin of this extremism needs to be targetted and strategically dealt with, even if it costs modern European civilisation economically.

That country is none other than Saudi Arabia, due to their toxic Wahabbi doctrine. All Saudi Embassies and Ambassadors must be kicked out. All European issued passports, henceforth must be stamped with 'invalid for travel to Saudi Arabia'. All Saudi Arabian assets in the civilised world must be confiscated, and reparations as punishment for spreading their hateful doctrine of Wahabbism of $10 Trillion must be imposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

^^^ I can't imagine that anything could go wrong with that plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

dermo888 wrote: »
    This incident and others like it mean that drastic measures are required. Ladies and Gentlemen, the origin of this extremism needs to be targetted and strategically dealt with, even if it costs modern European civilisation economically.

That country is none other than Saudi Arabia, due to their toxic Wahabbi doctrine. All Saudi Embassies and Ambassadors must be kicked out. All European issued passports, henceforth must be stamped with 'invalid for travel to Saudi Arabia'. All Saudi Arabian assets in the civilised world must be confiscated, and reparations as punishment for spreading their hateful doctrine of Wahabbism of $10 Trillion must be imposed.

Its a long term solution, education is the way.

Islamic schools - in fact ALL religious schools should be banned, schools need to be 100% secular and religion can be kept in the home.

Emphasize education for Science - particularly geology/biology/evolution - anything that shows that the whole God thing is an utter load of bollicks once you think about it.

There are some good things in the news lately, Richard Dawkins making his books free in Arabic/Farsi/Urdu are good signs - in fact the God delusion apparently has had 13M downloads (illegal PDF but fair enough!!!)

as said it is a long long term solution though - and you can expect plenty of hackings and murders of atheists in the mid east from their "religious" counter parts.

And the BBC, RTE, Sadiq Khan, the Guardian and plenty of "liberal" posters on here will do nothing but apologize for this - DISGUSTING!!!!!

DECADES of Jihad coming to Europe.

Can you imagine the next generation ? when all these migrants that will be having an average of 5/6 kids ???

Yeah I bet these kids will feel real German/French/Swedish ! ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I find it hard to believe there are only 38 thanks for Mountainashs post showing a picture of a decent man who gave his life to save somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I find it hard to believe there are only 38 thanks for Mountainashs post showing a picture of a decent man who gave his life to save somebody.

Saturday tends to be a slow day on boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

I was pretty disgusted by the reporting on this. News outlets effectively naming the victims before there was even a chance of their relatives being informed.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm gobsmacked. I didn't think things were that bad. I take back what I though about the far-right in France.

holy crap, wheres the #metoo type response to this stuff? there are similar youtube videos of parts of England too.

People wonder why the UK voted brexit, its at least partly because Merkel opened Europe to millions of unchecked people from parts of the world where the Wests way of life is despised. Even if Brexit costs a ton of money it would be worth it if it prevented this. The only problem is its laughably too late for the UK already. Damage limitation perhaps.

How about an instant solution of closing up the borders. Do what the Australians do and process people offshore and relocate them in non war torn countries in Africa or the Middle East. Send the rest back to Tunisia/Turkey/wherever/any of the crossing points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

How about an instant solution of closing up the borders. Do what the Australians do and process people offshore and relocate them in non war torn countries in Africa or the Middle East. Send the rest back to Tunisia/Turkey/wherever/any of the crossing points.

Wasn't this fella a French citizen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

My sympathies to all the victims and my unending admiration to the Colonel who died so heroically
    There are no excuses or justifications for happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

My sympathies to all the victims and my unending admiration to the Colonel who died so heroically
    There are no excuses or justifications for happened

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

No, this one was born in Morocco and became a citizen, but the terrorists in other attacks who were born in France were sons of immigrants. Banning immigration from Muslim countries is the only way to prevent these attacks in future. Just because these terrorists of Middle Eastern and North African decent are born in Europe, it doesn't make it homegrown problem. Their culture/religion isn't indigenous to Europe and it doesn't belong here either.

How does banning immigration solve the problem if many of the perpetrators are already in Europe and in many cases are the children of immigrants that arrived decades ago?

That seems like a simplistic knee jerk reaction.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

How does banning immigration solve the problem if many of the perpetrators are already in Europe and in many cases are the children of immigrants that arrived decades ago?
    For countries like France and others in the EU it would be a bit of a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted alright. However in Ireland we could learn from their mistakes and the mistake of that kind of multiculturalism and nip it in the bud now. Though we won't.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

That seems like a simplistic knee jerk reaction.

future damage limitation, nothing else

multiculturalism is great when you get a chinatown or little italy out of it but not when you get terrorism, ghettos, sharia law patrols (like in england before, just youtube it) and like the link posted to France where women cant go to a coffee shop

Absolutely no need to turn Europe into the third world, nobody wins that way. Sensible migration and dare I saw it, sustainable to the point of population and environmental maintenance.

Its a bit extreme. Lets face it, our own white thrash in the form of the likes of the Collopy's, the Dundon's, the Hutches and the skangers cause far more trouble than Muslims. Though I find it almost impossible to rationalise how - what is generally a peaceful law abiding community has members that end up having their brains mashed up.

Wibbs wrote: »
    For countries like France and others in the EU it would be a bit of a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted alright. However in Ireland we could learn from their mistakes and the mistake of that kind of multiculturalism and nip it in the bud now. Though we won't.
    It seems like the issue isn't so much about immigration itself and more about how multiculturalism has worked/failed.

Stopping immigration isn't a realistic solution to the problem (that's not to say there aren't other good arguements for restricting immigration).
    Dealing with integration / multiculturalism / extremism etc is a lot more complex and messy.

Its a bit extreme. Lets face it, our own white thrash in the form of the likes of the Collopy's, the Dundon's, the Hutches and the skangers cause far more trouble than Muslims. Though I find it almost impossible to rationalise how - what is generally a peaceful law abiding community has members that end up having their brains mashed up.

It would be foolish to allow migration policy to create any sort of sizeable muslim minority to form in any country in Europe. Lebanon is a warning.

• Advertisement

Well, lets face it, France poked its nose into North Africa and colonised it. Britain also colonised Muslim countries, such as Pakistan. So hey - its a bit rich of them to complain about Immigrants considering their history.

. Sensible migration and dare I saw it, sustainable to the point of population and environmental maintenance.
    Sure. But it isn't primarily about the numbers.
    In France they don't seem to have done the integration bit very well.

Other countries (like the US) seem to make a better job of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Well, lets face it, France poked its nose into North Africa and colonised it. Britain also colonised Muslim countries, such as Pakistan. So hey - its a bit rich of them to complain about Immigrants considering their history.

Yeah they have some neck alright, complaining about radical muslims killing their fellow countrymen/women.

It seems like the issue isn't so much about immigration itself and more about how multiculturalism has worked/failed.

Depends on the controls being used to determine immigration policies. If only the educated/skilled, and those with adequate funds were allowed in, it would likely cut down those causing trouble. The vast majority of the reports I've seen of immigrants causing trouble refer to young single males, or those without families living in the area.
    Stopping immigration isn't a realistic solution to the problem (that's not to say there aren't other good arguements for restricting immigration).

Stopping immigration is impossible. Anyone suggesting it doesn't understand the perception of Western Europe, Democracy etc. However, stricter restrictions put in place to vet/process applicants makes sense. I've never understood why we should be encouraging those with little education, no skills, or those without our languages to enter. Surely we have enough of those already, without importing more.
    Dealing with integration / multiculturalism / extremism etc is a lot more complex and messy.

I genuinely believe it's only complex and messy because 'saying' its so prevents anything from being done. It's complex so it's dismissed as something to be done later. Nobody wants to make the hard decisions, and be considered responsible for those decisions. We've become so afraid of making <insert group of> people unhappy, that nothing is ever really done until it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

France has had a solid Muslim population for over a century and at one stage considered Algeria and other parts of the Maghreb as actual parts of France. This radical jihadi lunacy is a recent thing and has come about as part of a systematic hardening of Islamic orthodoxy across the Muslim world. This sort of thing was barely in existence not so long ago.

Our problem per se isn't "Muslim immigration", we've had that in European countries for decades (and longer) now - it's the radicalisation of a section of young Muslim men. In England you have the bizarre situation of Pakistani fellas who moved here in the early 1970s happy out now dealing with their sons or grandsons who have been radicalised in places like Bradford. It's a deeply complex thing but 'shut the doors' won't make a blind of difference when most of the ones doing the killing are the people born and raised here.

We need to analyse why this version of radical, confrontational religion has gained traction.

FTA69 wrote: »
    France has had a solid Muslim population for over a century and at one stage considered Algeria and other parts of the Maghreb as actual parts of France. This radical jihadi lunacy is a recent thing and has come about as part of a systematic hardening of Islamic orthodoxy across the Muslim world. This sort of thing was barely in existence not so long ago.

Our problem per se isn't "Muslim immigration", we've had that in European countries for decades (and longer) now - it's the radicalisation of a section of young Muslim men. In England you have the bizarre situation of Pakistani fellas who moved here in the early 1970s happy out now dealing with their sons or grandsons who have been radicalised in places like Bradford. It's a deeply complex thing but 'shut the doors' won't make a blind of difference when most of the ones doing the killing are the people born and raised here.

We need to analyse why this version of radical, confrontational religion has gained traction.

You're missing the numbers involved though. When Muslims (or any cultural/religious group) are a clear minority in an area, there is little to no trouble from them. They put their heads down and avoid bringing negative attention.

However, Europe is seeing unprecedented numbers entering its borders with most of them heading to similar areas. They're no longer a clear minority since the populations in those "enclaves"/areas are significant compared to the (original) local population. Hence their ability to directly influence the culture of those areas often in ways which are alien to the host culture.

The radical Jihadi thing was triggered by the 1973 and 1979 oil crises, which ensured a tidal wave of money went to countries such as Saudi Scumraapia who - due to inbreeding are genetically and psychologically defective. I mean they've been marrying and screwing their cousins for hundreds of years. 
    The French possess a strategic Nuclear Deterrent. Launch one missile at Riyadh and another at Mecca for a bonus. Let it be used for the peacekeeping purpose for which it was built. No more Mecca, no more Riyadh, no more problem.

The radical Jihadi thing was triggered by the 1973 and 1979 oil crises, which ensured a tidal wave of money went to countries such as Saudi Scumraapia who - due to inbreeding are genetically and psychologically defective. I mean they've been marrying and screwing their cousins for hundreds of years. 
    The French possess a strategic Nuclear Deterrent. Launch one missile at Riyadh and another at Mecca for a bonus. Let it be used for the peacekeeping purpose for which it was built. No more Mecca, no more Riyadh, no more problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Same nonsense argument as normal. We have trouble makers born here, so let’s keep importing foreign scum. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Yeah. I was a little bit concerned about knee jerk reactions earlier, but now it's obvious.

Nuking Saudi Arabia is the obvious solution. :-?

Advertisement