Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostage/Siege in French Supermarket - Islamic State angle

Options

Comments

topper75 wrote: »
    I'm happy that went your way.

However, for all our sakes, I can't see any immunity for us in the long game with this. A lot of honest people will come. But hidden in among them will be this element - guaranteed.
    Yosuke Sasaki has already paid the price.
    To be fair they took nice break till today.
    Yeah it's been a while. Thought they'd come back with a bigger count tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Ireland used to be home to the IRA and dozens of other terrorist groups and off-shoots yet how many people here felt unsafe in their day to day lives? I type that as someone who lived in Tramore when a customer was shot dead by the IRA in a bank in 1979

I had relatives that would never go north of the border because of the troubles, you had watch towers over looking the nationalist areas etc
    The security bill would have been completely unsustainable if it had been a larger part of the UK.

People adjust to everything it doesn't mean people should have to

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's like as if the IRA and Co was great Craic or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Doesn't surprise any more. As Manuel Valls said after the Nice attack, terrorism is just something they have to live with in France. The horse has bolted long ago.

edit* Why does some muppet always bring the IRA into these threads? Its about an attack in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Doesn't surprise any more. As Manuel Valls said after the Nice attack, terrorism is just something they have to live with in France. The horse has bolted long ago.

edit* Why does some muppet always bring the IRA into these threads? Its about an attack in France.

Its called 'deflection'.
    Back on track, a French Police union spokesmn said over 20 attacks were foiled last year, and this year alone another 7 have already been stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Apparently everyone has been released/escaped

No, the live French news I am following are saying it is still ongoing. Dozens injured as well as 3 dead.

The guy hijacked a car on the way to supermarket, passenger is critical, and driver was recently found dead down a ditch.

dav3 wrote: »
    The fact that you live there, the fact that France is the most visited country in the world by tourists and the fact that it actually is a perfectly safe, beautiful country, means little to some people.

They've made up their mind and they're not for turning. They have youtube videos, ranting blogs and opinions from idiots that they know to back up their prejudices.

And what prejudices are those?

We're talking about the safety of living in some areas of France. Are we watching Youtube videos that are prejudiced against French suburbia or something?

I can't imagine many people are arsed making videos about that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Diversity is our strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

The fact that you live there, the fact that France is the most visited country in the world by tourists and the fact that it actually is a perfectly safe, beautiful country, means little to some people.

They've made up their mind and they're not for turning. They have youtube videos, ranting blogs and opinions from idiots that they know to back up their prejudices.

Utter Bollocks.

Stop deflecting, we all saw you shown up by Humphrys on here ...

He's just been shot. Situation is over. Time to deal with injuries/saving those alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I suggest they hand over Abdeslam asap. Then blow them to all to bits. Sometimes one needs to show those kinds of ppl that we are not better than them rather we can be worse than them if we want. Until then, they'll take the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Reports on Sky that the gunman is now dead.

He is, but they don't know what they're going to find inside.

For now, 3 dead and several injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Reports on Sky that the gunman is now dead.
    Good.

He is, but they don't know what they're going to find inside.

For now, 3 dead and several injuries.

<snip> - no need for this ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Utter Bollocks.

No we didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Whenever an Islamist is involved in these atrocities we always have people coming out of the wood work to say, well it is just like such and such. Why not just condemn the act and point out it is another in a long line of attacks coming from the Islamic direction and there might actually be a problem there.

2 real people dead, one little cockroach dead.

No, that's 3 dead, plus the cockroach.

The guy whose car was hijacked, a client in the supermarket, and one staff in supermarket (butcher ?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Utter Bollocks.

If you honestly believe I'm deflecting why are you replying?

I'm not btw. Are there any sane people who genuinely believe France has gone to the dogs?

No, that's 3 dead, plus the cockroach.

The guy whose car was hijacked, a client in the supermarket, and one staff in supermarket (butcher ?).

Apologies , didn't realise .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

France has become a warzone in the last few years and it doesn't look like it will end anytime soon while there's people coming in their thousands to their shores who hold a grunge against western European society, thanks a lot Merkel I'm sure you're proud.

I'm not btw. Are there any sane people who genuinely believe France has gone to the dogs?

Areas in France have gone to the dogs, be honest.
    But of course, not the whole country no one is suggesting this.

But there is some serious issues with radical Islam there and this will only
    get worse.

France has become a warzone in the last few years and it doesn't look like it will end anytime soon while there's people coming in their thousands to their shores who hold a grunge against western European society, thanks a lot Merkel I'm sure you're proud.

They still don't know how many injured yet exactly, helicopters to and fro-ing from supermarket to hospitals.

For sure 2 injuries : the passenger in the hijacked car, and the CRS who was shot in the shoulder as a group of 5 were coming back to headquarters from a jog. That injury is not life threatening.

The perpetrator shot at the group from the car.

Macron just talked from Brussels, he suggested that the guy was a lone-wolf with psychiatric issues rather than acting on orders coming from elsewhere.

Radical Islam has Europe in turmoil and it will only get worse.

Nah France is totally fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I travel to France very regularly for work, and anyone who believes France doesn't have a serious Islam problem is lying to themselves. None of the French people I deal with think there isn't a serious problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

What are you talking about? I live in France and it is a perfectly safe, beautiful country.

As do my parents. My mam volunteers with a charity that helps settle refugees when they're granted asylum. She's never had a moment's cause to worry.

When the guy went into the supermarket, he shot and killed twice.
    He then took whoever was there hostage.

Some of the staff had managed to get out the back.

Somehow the local gendarmes came on the scene, and the chief of that Gendarmerie managed to convince the perpetrator to hold him hostage and release all others. This hero is now seriously injured. He had the presence of mind to leave his phone open and on on a table somewhere so special forces heard when shots were fired, and responded by killing the perpetrator.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Isis and other jihadists are joining FSA ( free Syrian army) alongside Turkey helping them wipe out the Kurds in Syria. So-called moderate rebels a joke. I expect to see more attacks they are protected by a country now close to Europe.

Advertisement