Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://mobile.twitter.com/DubFireBrigade/status/1274381271007977472/photo/1

Someone having a really bad day at Carrickmines Retail Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm guessing that's standard protocal and could imagine whoever was on the other end of the line had serious difficulty understanding what you were saying... You probably had to spell it out a few times:D
    I was insuring a Toyota MR-S once and the lady I was chatting to on the line had serious difficulty in understanding when I told her it was a soft top convertible car but I had an aftermarket hard top roof fitted to it when she asked me if it had any modifications. In retrospect it was most likely a modification that they would have being interested to know about or a modification at all in the true sense of the word as it wasn't a permanent fixture. But still, it struck me as worrying that she was as clueless as she was.

As and aside though I think a trap that too many people fall into is an assumption that there is an identifiable trend when it comes to motor insurance. I won't say they pull figures out of their backsides when it comes to premiums as the conspiracy theorists among us are all too quick to conclude. However, just because a certain Toyota was easy for a friend to insure a few years back doesn't mean it'll be quite as easy for someone else to insure a similar model a few years later etc. The actuaries do their thing in the background, rates for different models change over time depending on the perceived risk, the change the risk attached to different people profiles and areas of use etc too. On top of this insurers may over time change the profile of the market they are targeting, albeit at a slower rate.

I've had one insurer give me back money for safety mods, but the rest wanted multiples of hundreds more... I'm glad my classic policy covers all mods and at a declared value too for less than €400

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

https://mobile.twitter.com/DubFireBrigade/status/1274381271007977472/photo/1

Someone having a really bad day at Carrickmines Retail Park.

Probably a zafira

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Probably a zafira

Looks like one tbh.... if it is, Opel need to be pulled on it. Deathtraps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,742 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Looks like one tbh.... if it is, Opel need to be pulled on it. Deathtraps

And ban all Opels ? I'd agree with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,439 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Looks like a Ford C-Max

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is probably a Zafira at the other side of it.

bazz26 wrote: »
    There is probably a Zafira at the other side of it.

Is suppose, there’s so smoke without Zafire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Seen pics on Twitter, behind the C Max is an Insignia and a new ish looking 3 Series both thoroughly cremated, so take your pick there I suppose. Both known for thermal incidents.

FB-IMG-1592694786121.jpg

Looks like someone stole the wheels off the Insignia whilst it was going up in flames.. opportunistic scumbags.

(yes.. sarcasm..)

The BMW seems to have lost it's shape on the roof. Wonder was it like that before the fire (doubtful?) or was it the heat that caused it. The other two seem to have held their shape quite well, given the circumstances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Seen pics on Twitter, behind the C Max is an Insignia and a new ish looking 3 Series both thoroughly cremated, so take your pick there I suppose. Both known for thermal incidents.

FB-IMG-1592694786121.jpg

No Zafira in that line up, problem suppose to be sorted, my has had 3 recalls on it so far., whos insurance would you claim off ,
    your own or the car that started it?

Your own unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What's the bets.....

BMW absolutely ragged up the motorway and burst into flames?

Insignia just for been an insignia or the ford where the kids probably chewed through the wires.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Your own unfortunately.
    Bitter pill to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

Selling a car for nearly €15k and a viewer has asked can they pay via bank transfer online. Is this the safest way to do a sale, or what other alternatives would ye recommend?

Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 _Bow_Wow_

Revolut is perfect, I do lots of business via the app. you can send him a payment link if he doesn't have it.

Bank transfer ended up happening.. well known garage bought my GTD so they done the transfer in front of me.. will probably be on DoneDeal during the week for double the price :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Murt102 wrote: »
    Bank transfer ended up happening.. well known garage bought my GTD so they done the transfer in front of me.. will probably be on DoneDeal during the week for double the price :pac:

Hardly a main dealer ? I didn't think you would get any going around buying stock off DoneDeal thought they would have enough trade ins. You didn't have it advertised that long did you ? I suppose there is always a market for GTD's at that price point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

CIP4 wrote: »
    Hardly a main dealer ? I didn't think you would get any going around buying stock off DoneDeal thought they would have enough trade ins. You didn't have it advertised that long did you ? I suppose there is always a market for GTD's at that price point.

That's how I sold my A4, dealer wanted it for a customer and paid asking price with bank transfer!

• Advertisement

Not a main dealer, but a decent size Indy dealer that seem to sell a lot of Golf GTD / GTI / R’s

Had it on DoneDeal for 5 days. My heart was broke with people making absolute stupid offers such as;
    - swap 2012 Hyundai IX35
    - offer of €10k (i explained to the caller how to set a max. Price when searching on DoneDeal, they didn’t appreciate my advice).

Got a decent offer at 5:30pm and the car was gone from my yard at 7:30pm. Now back driving my Audi A6 until i get bored of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

If you want decent stock Donedeal is a good place to go looking, especially now as people start readjusting and reevaluating their finances etc. Trade ins and auction cars are nearly always dirt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Went full drug dealer spec and tinted the windeys :D

517424.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

A list of 202 new car deals from manufacturers. Nothing jumping out as an outrageously good deal. I thought more would offer 0% finance tbh.

https://www.completecar.ie/features/post/10196/All-the-202-July-plate-offers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Was overtaken by a northern reg Toyota Avensis the other day. It was lowered, big alloys with spacers, '03 - '09 model. It did look well in fairness.
    It had a little red badge in the grill and on the rear, I couldn't make out what it was and nearly sure the avensis was in red too. Not sure were these aftermarket or not. Was there a sports/performance model of this avensis? Google hasn't turned up anything

Might have been TTE badges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Nice one. Think that's what I saw. Thanks Colm!

517464.JPG

If it was a T180, it would also have a red badge on the rear

0239-ECB3-BDAE-405-D-8-ED3-57-FDCF7-CF83-E.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,796 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Was overtaken by a northern reg Toyota Avensis the other day. It was lowered, big alloys with spacers, '03 - '09 model. It did look well in fairness.
    It had a little red badge in the grill and on the rear, I couldn't make out what it was and nearly sure the avensis was in red too. Not sure were these aftermarket or not. Was there a sports/performance model of this avensis? Google hasn't turned up anything
    Could have been the "DCat" model, or aftermarket TRD badging.
    Went full drug dealer spec and tinted the windeys :D

517424.jpg
    Just wanted to comment and say that is an epic beast. Well wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Haven't been around here much recently as have had a lot going on over the last few months with a house move and work being crazy. Still dailying the 540i now from Innishannon to the City daily and decided to treat her to some new shoes. The current wheels could do with a bit of straightening and a refurb but it'll be hard to go back now!

AwIxKa5l.jpg

80blqaVl.jpg

fB70YnTl.jpg

bUr2Mkul.jpg

vev70bql.jpg

k0F7DD8l.jpg

3ILcZEHl.jpg

New Genuine staggered Style 37 M Parallels, should be able to get my current tyres swapped over at the weekend :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement