Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Ed was special efx on Father Ted, when was he on the late late?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,396 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Himself and Mike Brewer were on before they broke up. They were promoting something or other.
    Might have been another talk show they were on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

His sofa car is pretty cool. You control the accelerator with your knee.

I think his skip car was in the st Patrick’s day parade in Maynooth when I lived there. That’s a while ago though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Yes I read his book it was quite good talks about a lot of the stuff he has build over the years including the sofa car and him working on father Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Is there a specific thread here for freebies?

I have 4 BMW wheels (no tyres) I don't want/need anymore. (I believe they are replica's, and in need of cleaning up).

Perhaps someone could use them as winter wheels or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Is there a specific thread here for freebies?

I have 4 BMW wheels (no tyres) I don't want/need anymore. (I believe they are replica's, and in need of cleaning up).

Perhaps someone could use them as winter wheels or something..

What type? Do you know the style?

What type? Do you know the style?

This is them, some form of M-Sport version;

508639.jpg
    508640.jpg
    508641.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭selectamatic

You'll definitely get someone to take them. Are they 18s or 19s

You'll definitely get someone to take them. Are they 18s or 19s

not sure what size, as outside to outside is about 18 3/4 inch, so would they be 18's?

As I mentioned, someone here pointed out to me that they were probably replica's when I first got them.
    My old neighbour gave them to me for nothing, so I'd expect nothing for them in return, other than to know that someone would use them.

• Advertisement

Last time I brought alloys to a scrapper I got €50 for them. That was 2 years ago.
    There are a few buy and sell pages for alloys on FB, throw them up then bring your neighbours for a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If the pubs were open.

bazz26 wrote: »
    If the pubs were open.

Some of us don't even have closed pubs Bazz!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Your missing nothing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,541 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Self isolation's not that bad. :)

gr-phm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Great picture apart from the two Vape machines. I do not see the fascination of them. Just give up smoking completely.

Great picture apart from the two Vape machines. I do not see the fascination of them. Just give up smoking completely.

Can’t agree, I’ve given up cigs a good few times and have been off them ages now. I still vape a bit and I’d be likely to start smoking again if I didn’t.
    It’s all well and good saying just give up forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

They should be banned in public places. Nothing worse than walking along outside a pub or resteraunt etc and getting a mouthful of someone's second hand vape smoke, gross. Same in work, people seem to think they are acceptable indoors, should be shot with balls of their own ****.

Going stir crazy personally, you dont realise how much work keeps you regulated. Plenty to do around the house in fairness. Would love to buy a k11 micra or a 90's fiesta and tear it apart and tidy it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Going stir crazy personally, you dont realise how much work keeps you regulated. Plenty to do around the house in fairness. Would love to buy a k11 micra or a 90's fiesta and tear it apart and tidy it up.

I have no shortage of lovely Yaris' that I'll sell. You can take your pick of them! :pac:

I'm keen to pick up something similar myself to tidy up over the next few weeks or months or for however long this goes on.

I'd love an ex-nun mk1 Yaris Duke. 3 door, 1.3, that nice blue colour if possible :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

I am gone on shift in work so literally work half the number of days I usually would. Normally that would be great and if you had asked me a few months ago I would of said it would be useful to have the time off as I am starting to apply for a mortgage and look at houses.

However this is just so different to normal time off everywhere is closed, can't go anywhere, can't buy anything, Gyms all closed so only bit of exercise you can get is walking near your house. I know the measures are necessary but they do really limit what you can do and stuff you would normally do with time off you can't do which does make it a bit frustrating.

It is actually nice to go into work and just be able to focus on that for 12 hours its routine and something normal a distraction from all the news and gloom.

On another note are any of the online Detailing supplies shops open and delivering at the minute ? I know Micksgarage is open but they don't have the best selection of car cleaning stuff. Would be a good time to give the car a proper clean and maybe clay it but I am missing some detailing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

It still feels like holidays tbh, it's been a while since I did exactly what I wanted to about the place.

IMG_4995 (1).jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    It still feels like holidays tbh, it's been a while since I did exactly what I wanted to about the place.

IMG_4995 (1).jpeg

Brings back memories of 90s rap.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Brings back memories of 90s rap.....

It's like an EPMD album cover - some serious merc metal in that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Tommyboy40 wrote: »

IMG_4995 (1).jpeg

Any more pics of the SL? Looks amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Loads I could be doing with the DC2 only it's about 60 miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Is it ok to take the car out for a spin to keep the battery charged up.

If that's ok how long would i need to drive it for? Cheers

I do not think it would be ok really, isn't it essential travel only.

If it's a modern car, sitting a few weeks shouldn't really harm the battery. If you are worried about the battery condition, it'll charge at idle, it doesn't have to be driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

We have three cars in the household. Two diesel and 1 petrol. How long would i need to idle them for, cheers?

• Advertisement

If the diesels aren’t being driven at all, I’d sooner just leave them than have them idling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement