Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

job seeker wrote: »
    There are OEM one's here that I have bought! But I have to fit them yet!

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda/honda-civic-5dr/2006-2011-civic-5dr/

Forgot you had one!

Thanks for that link. My saloon usually would come with a big one piece mat for the rear, so I don't think the 5 door rears will fit but I'm more concerned about the fronts anyway, which I presume are the same for saloon/hatch!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Just spotted this on carzone:
    https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/3-Series-330d-M-Sport-Saloon-Really-Special-Car-with-Massiv/201906068737035

I sat in this car three years ago before it was PDId when I was considering chopping the golf on for a 330e it was in the dealers car park. I can't remember price but I think it was nudging 70k. salesman was showing me the leather option in it.

Would say it took a serious whack as any new car would, but just 14k miles in three years...ouch. hate this poa ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Forgot you had one!

Thanks for that link. My saloon usually would come with a big one piece mat for the rear, so I don't think the 5 door rears will fit but I'm more concerned about the fronts anyway, which I presume are the same for saloon/hatch!

Danm! Just looked there! They don't have an option for the saloon!? Assumed they would! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 73,414 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Forgot you had one!

They’re different.

(As in completely different)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They’re different.

I was kinda thinking that too.. :(

• Advertisement

They’re different.

Pity

The accelerator pedal is a total balls. I bought a set of generic rubber ones but the drivers one just can’t be trimmed properly to fit around the pedal without looking like a rear mat

Pity

The accelerator pedal is a total balls. I bought a set of generic rubber ones but the drivers one just can’t be trimmed properly to fit around the pedal without looking like a rear mat

What a balls! My mistake Duke!

Pity

This is the sort of shape you need
    BC7659-B4-3-D14-44-F6-BFC4-F146-EC50-D5-BB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

vintagevrs wrote: »
    https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/BMW/3-Series-330d-M-Sport-Saloon-Really-Special-Car-with-Massiv/201906068737035

I sat in this car three years ago before it was PDId when I was considering chopping the golf on for a 330e it was in the dealers car park. I can't remember price but I think it was nudging 70k. salesman was showing me the leather option in it.

Would say it took a serious whack as any new car would, but just 14k miles in three years...ouch. hate this poa ****e.

There's a 132 330d in the same colour and same alloys around my area. Thought that was it until I saw the year.

Very nice leather in that one actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭carsfan2

That car is full of options that the dealer will tell you are worthless when you trade in but then make it a “special” car when they want to resell.
    My guesstimate would be the owner got low 30’s as a trade in and they want about 38/40k for it now.

• Advertisement

carsfan2 wrote: »
    My guesstimate would be the owner got low 30’s as a trade in and they want about 38/40k for it now.

Quite likely, BMW GFMVs are typically 45/46% ish?

carsfan2 wrote: »
    That car is full of options that the dealer will tell you are worthless when you trade in but then make it a “special” car when they want to resell.

I'd say you're right. When I sat in it three years ago I thought it was the business. 2 euro per mile on depreciation soon makes you realise how much that new car smell really costs though.

I wonder is it POA so the previous owner doesn't see how much they put it up for. Never understood POA unless it's a collectable or rare car. That's a diesel 3 series ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 51,163 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fully loaded but doesn't have heated front seats... :pac:

bazz26 wrote: »
    Fully loaded but doesn't have heated front seats... :pac:

Strange omission when you're throwing so much kit in to it but can be retro fitted apparently. Nice car though if you could get it low thirties with a 2 year BMW warranty.

watched Bob Flavin review the new 3 series at lunch time and have to say the old model has dated very much, especially the interior.

Hmmm...

Maybe I'm just defending my own position because it's too early (expensive) for me to move to a g series, but does new car tech really make things much better, and are the interiors better or just newer and flashier? I like the simplicity in my own car.

There's tonnes of stuff now that comes in cars that I could probably do without. Gesture control and touch screen I drive, neither I would use. Digital instruments where I genuinely prefer analogue. The not so ambient "ambient lighting", I prefer the more subtle hidden light strips but loads prefer the visible strips. I see loads of people on the f30s stick in a bit of plastic that glows and shows in the door cards. Don't get it myself.

If I bought a new one I'd probably be saying all that stuff is great though, when it's all a load of balls.

The ambient light in the current E Class doesn't do it for me either, just too much of it and feels like your in a nightclub with wall to wall neon lights. Feels cheap to me. Seems to be a trend now with most manufacturers to fit this where you can change colours through the entire spectrum. My F10 has ambient lighting albeit in the doors and centre console and you can only change between white and amber. Wouldn't be hung up on anything more really and I could live without it too.

Agree a lot of the stuff in the g series is just for effect and didn’t mean to insult the 3 series interior Vintage!
    I have gesture control but wouldn’t pay for it. The only gadget I have that I would look for again is heads up display. It’s excellent.

That 330d for 31/32k is a good buy but I guess that’s not what they’re looking for it.
    By the way who buys a diesel to do 5 or 6 thousand miles a year?

New bushings fitted.... vibration under braking is gone. Happy mother ****ing days!

I now have my car back and as it should be. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Called into my local Mercedes dealer to look at a CLS. He tried to tell me the CLS only came in a 220 engine and the there was no such engine as the twin turbo 250d. How are Irish dealers so clueless?

Called into my local Mercedes dealer to look at a CLS. He tried to tell me the CLS only came in a 220 engine and the there was no such engine as the twin turbo 250d. How are Irish dealers so clueless?

Did they not drop the 250d from the previous model for the 300d in the new model?

• Advertisement

Hasn’t the current CLS been out a long time now? 7/8 years anyway
    Or is there a new new one?

There is a new one since late last year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Hasn’t the current CLS been out a long time now? 7/8 years anyway
    Or is there a new new one?

There is a new one but I was looking at a 161 one. Even less excuse not to know seeing as the model is out since 2011. Still a very fresh looking car mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

New bushings fitted.... vibration under braking is gone. Happy mother ****ing days!

I now have my car back and as it should be. Delighted.

Happy days, niggly bits like that can drive you mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

There's a lot of salespeople out there who know nothing about cars or the models in general but when you find one who knows there stuff, as a car person, it's great.

You looking for yourself or somebody else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

I'd say you're right. When I sat in it three years ago I thought it was the business. 2 euro per mile on depreciation soon makes you realise how much that new car smell really costs though.

Well that’s a fairly extreme example of an expensive car that done very little miles over the 3 years. To be fair a long way of your average new car. Like you could buy a brand Leon for example for 25k and get an ok trade in after 3 years so wouldn't cost you much to own a new car in a case like that.

Plus I reckon anyway that is buying a 70k brand new BMW probably doesn’t care that it costs 2 euro a mile in depreciation. Your kind of gone past the whole I have 300 euro a month to spend what car can I get on PCP for that kind of thing.

There is a new one but I was looking at a 161 one. Even less excuse not to know seeing as the model is out since 2011. Still a very fresh looking car mind you.

What engine was in the 161 you viewed? 220 presumably?
    Whatever he tried to tell you about other available engines is immaterial really.
    Fair enough....you know more then him about the engine range.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Augeo wrote: »
    What engine was in the 161 you viewed? 220 presumably?
    Whatever he tried to tell you about other available engines is immaterial really.
    Fair enough....you know more then him about the engine range.... :)

I do think it reflects badly though when a car dealer salesman doesn't have a clue about any of the technical side of the cars they are trying to sell such as engine range which is a basic enough thing.

In the working world in general whatever job you do you are payed to have a good understanding of the area your working in and all things related Which allows you to do your job to a good standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

CIP4 wrote: »
    I do think it reflects badly though when a car dealer salesman doesn't have a clue about any of the technical side of the cars they are trying to sell such as engine range which is a basic enough thing
    Looking at it from their angle the most common questions are, is it cheap to tax, is it diesel, how much is PCP, does it have shat nav, does it make noise before I reverse into something and is it an SUV.

Most buyers either don't know what they're looking at or give a ****. A select few will know what engine they want.

Personally, I love when they know the exact details of the model range and all their nuances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement