Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

Hmmmm I think I'll resist the team change. I did consider Mystic when I first started but it seemed like most people had chosen it so I went with Instinct just to be different! And I think I'm too loyal to Instinct to go changing now.

If I did change though it would be to Mystic. I'd never join Valour, those guys suck! :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hmmmm I think I'll resist the team change. I did consider Mystic when I first started but it seemed like most people had chosen it so I went with Instinct just to be different! And I think I'm too loyal to Instinct to go changing now.

If I did change though it would be to Mystic. I'd never join Valour, those guys suck! :pac:

Banned. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

AMGer wrote: »
    Or maybe not!
    Confirmed at 1k coins (not 100k) and can only be bought once a year (365 day cool down between uses).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Im not a fan of this team change. Then again Im not a previous pokemon fan so team background means close to zero to me.
    Teams dont give an advantage or actually affect how you play (local situations can mean 1-2 teams find it harder to hold gyms)
    Global stats show a definite preference for Mystic. We could see this become overwhelming for the blues. I would prefer to see some balancing mechanic in place., but I suppose it doesnt matter for Niantic as activity will remain the same.

On the other hand some hardcore players might switch teams to give themselves a challenge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tenger wrote: »
    Im not a fan of this team change. Then again Im not a previous pokemon fan so team background means close to zero to me.
    Teams dont give an advantage or actually affect how you play (local situations can mean 1-2 teams find it harder to hold gyms)
    Global stats show a definite preference for Mystic. We could see this become overwhelming for the blues. I would prefer to see some balancing mechanic in place., but I suppose it doesnt matter for Niantic as activity will remain the same.

On the other hand some hardcore players might switch teams to give themselves a challenge.
    Looking at SilphRoad the main reason for people appear to be around local raiding teams going to one team to get the bonus balls (and by extension taking over gyms before raids). Personally I'm remaining Valor and will burn the rest with fire; besides we got the hottest leader anyway :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Angron wrote: »
    Banned. :pac:

Leave 'im alone, you big Valor bully!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nice, Latias is appearing in raids for a week, rather than just a weekend. Makes it feel like there'll be a bit less pressure to get a shiny.

Well finally some luck; got two shiny out of 26 Clamey and evolved both to a Huntail and a Gorebyss respectively (evolution is 50/50 on what you get apparently).

Didn't have much time today to go clam-hunting, I only got 11 but thankfully the very last one was a shiny! Debating whether to evolve it or not, may just evolve some of the others and keep the shiny clam as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Great event today, great spawns, tasks were fairly quick to complete and good shiny rates.

Our usual 4 went up against a few latias, just about beat them with 10-15's to spare, dont think we'd chance a weatherboosted one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Finally buying a switch again let's go eevee bundle is €339 in argos shiny meltan better be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,696 ✭✭✭✭josip

syboit wrote: »
    Great event today, great spawns, tasks were fairly quick to complete and good shiny rates.

Our usual 4 went up against a few latias, just about beat them with 10-15's to spare, dont think we'd chance a weatherboosted one.

We trioed a weather boosted one with level 25-35 dragon types today.
    The dragon counters get boosted too.
    Our 2nd teams are fairly poor o we had to max revive and go in again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

josip wrote: »
    We trioed a weather boosted one with level 25-35 dragon types today.
    The dragon counters get boosted too.
    Our 2nd teams are fairly poor o we had to max revive and go in again

Forgot dragon would be boosted for us too, might give it a go if we get a chance.

FINALLY got my Lugia! :D Just Heracross, Unown and Smeargle left for the Johto Dex (if anyone out there has a Heracross to spare, give me a shout!)

Also got my first Combee this morning, was a male one but hopefully won't have to wait too long for a female.

Edit: AAAND....FINALLY reached Level 40 today!

Got my shiny Articuno hahahaha wooooooo hooooooo

I think it's an omen come join team mystic

Valor forever Mystic never

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Ugh, got a shiny Magikarp yesterday when krabby, luvdisc, feebas and countless other possible shinies were also everywhere, and a shiny Articuno from research today when shiny Lugia is the one I need. :( I don't mean to whine, but I have those ones already because I did Articuno day and clicked tons of Magikarp ffs! Got 2 shiny clamperl though which was nice and they evolved into each of the evolutions :)

Hatched a shiny Feebas, makes up for not getting one on the event day.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Got enough candies for 5 Clamperl evoles ,all Huntails , 3% chance of that happening ! , but have a trade lined for the other guy , will be interesting to see how frequent they are in the wild , did see a report of one in Cork city yesterday.

Rooy wrote: »
    Got enough candies for 5 Clamperl evoles ,all Huntails , 3% chance of that happening ! , but have a trade lined for the other guy , will be interesting to see how frequent they are in the wild , did see a report of one in Cork city yesterday.
    Funnily enough, I evolved 5 shinies and every last fecking one of them turned into Gorebyss. Thankfully, my first evo on the second account got me a shiny Huntail, so I was at least able to trade one over.

Smeargle is out in Go, to get it you have to take AR photos of your pokemon, and every so often a Smeargle will photobomb it, then appear beside you in the overworld. It has the moves of the pokemon you're taking a picture of, so mine had Waterfall and Hydro Pump cause I took a picture of Kyogre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

Angron wrote: »
    Smeargle is out in Go, to get it you have to take AR photos of your pokemon, and every so often a Smeargle will photobomb it, then appear beside you in the overworld. It has the moves of the pokemon you're taking a picture of, so mine had Waterfall and Hydro Pump cause I took a picture of Kyogre.

Thanks for the tip! Just caught one with Vine Whip and Frenzy Plant

• Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭phog

On the hunt again for friends that are close to levelling up with me

Any of these players post here?

F1Champ1976 and Pokeyourma1

I have a gift from you Pokeyourma so I could just open it but I want to co-ordinate opening gifts so we can both gain the bonus XP by using an egg.

My Trainer name is Krestrel49 and friends code is 744828503730 -add if you're good at opening/sending gifts - I have enough friends who are lazy with the gifts.

phog wrote: »
    On the hunt again for friends that are close to levelling up with me

Any of these players post here?

F1Champ1976 and Pokeyourma1

I have a gift from you Pokeyourma so I could just open it but I want to co-ordinate opening gifts so we can both gain the bonus XP by using an egg.

My Trainer name is Krestrel49 and friends code is 744828503730 -add if you're good at opening/sending gifts - I have enough friends who are lazy with the gifts.

I will add you on 2 accounts there , Im good for daily levelling up of friendships , can be a bit frustrating alright with people slow on the gifts , but maybe they just play a lot less too , I have friends since the start that I havent even got to Ultra yet !

I posted a good few pages back I'm having a tough time of things with health issues still sending out gifts when I can but not as much as I did

0wenxiii and BootmanXiii

I'll keep sending what I can

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Rooy wrote: »
    I will add you on 2 accounts there , Im good for daily levelling up of friendships , can be a bit frustrating alright with people slow on the gifts , but maybe they just play a lot less too , I have friends since the start that I havent even got to Ultra yet !

My issue is I have 25 friends and there's only one pokestop within a 20 minute walk of my house/work :( not much to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,894 ✭✭✭✭phog

My issue is I have 25 friends and there's only one pokestop within a 20 minute walk of my house/work :( not much to be done.

I understand that and have huge sympathy for players like you but at least someone like you could open a gift from 20 friends each day, rotate the opening so that you get to open one from each of them every second day.

The blue halo is a godsend for this as you know who you have interacted with on a given day.

phog wrote: »
    I understand that and have huge sympathy for players like you but at least someone like you could open a gift from 20 friends each day, rotate the opening so that you get to open one from each of them every second day.

The blue halo is a godsend for this as you know who you have interacted with on a given day.

I dont have much issue with people not sending me gifts , its when people take ages to open them , Ive had some Best Friends where i would have sent 90% of the gifts , im thinking there is a reasonable number of players who dont really bother with the gifts part of game at all or very rarely.
    If anything it is v useful for the extra balls , had a few raids in the past few days where im at 14/15 balls and the person next to me has 7/8

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Anyone wanna do some trainer battles to get some state candy and stardust? Can get up to 5 awards a day.

Rayquaza coming back for Paddy's day, no shiny though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

My issue was that I had 190 friends and the old system kept crashing everytime I scrolled too fast. The new filters are a massive quality of life fix for me.
    I try to focus on lower level friends who need the XP. I usualy only sin 10-15 stops a day when at work.
    Once a week I do a big 2-3 hour grind and try to send to all of them who I can.

451/461

Advertisement