Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Angron wrote: »
    Rayquaza coming back for Paddy's day, no shiny though.

Im thinking they may do the Weather Trio (Rayquaza,Groudon,Kyorge) as a 3 hour raid event this year the same way they did the birds last year ,and release the shiny then.
    Im sure they sold a ton of passes for those days last year , and cant see anything else obvious they may do that would really get people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭phog

Tenger wrote: »
    My issue was that I had 190 friends and the old system kept crashing everytime I scrolled too fast. The new filters are a massive quality of life fix for me.
    I try to focus on lower level friends who need the XP. I usualy only sin 10-15 stops a day when at work.
    Once a week I do a big 2-3 hour grind and try to send to all of them who I can.

I'd like a filter/sort by friends that can receive a gift form you.

I have 180 friends at the moment - I deleted a few inactive recently and add new ones. I use the nickname to allow me sort my friends by whom I want to send gifts to - 0 for my top 10, 00 for the next 10 and so on for about 40 friends - once they get to level 40 I delete the prioritisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Lucky few days. Shiny Natu and shiny Mankey :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nice. Got a Mankey, hoping to get at least one Machop shiny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The first Machop I clicked on after the event started was a shiny (misses was annoyed at me for that :P ); sadly it was only Atk14 and to be honest I'm a bit bored with yet more green shinies in general (why always green?!) so I doubt I'll evolve him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I wanted to go out and hunt for a green Machop last night, he's one of my favourites!! But it was raining all evening :( Gonna head out soon I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭josip

Canard wrote: »
    I wanted to go out and hunt for a green Machop last night, he's one of my favourites!! But it was raining all evening :( Gonna head out soon I think.

Have you not heard the expression?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nody wrote: »
    The first Machop I clicked on after the event started was a shiny (misses was annoyed at me for that :P ); sadly it was only Atk14 and to be honest I'm a bit bored with yet more green shinies in general (why always green?!) so I doubt I'll evolve him.

I just wanna have my own Hulk/She-Hulk

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Haven’t gotten a shiny yet but am loving all the easy Machop candy I’m getting. I did find a 100% Machop but it was only 249CP. After evolving and powering up its now a 1484CP Machamp.

451/461

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

josip wrote: »
    Have you not heard the expression?

How ominous, what? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well might as well share my welp of the day; went out to my raiding spot to do the usual raiding. Greatly annoyed I only saw 2 tier 5 raids and both spawning Dialgia's thinking this was the three day Rayquasa weekend and I could not get a bloody one only to come home and check the event information realizing it's next weekend. Welp...

Canard wrote: »
    How ominous, what? :pac:

Like water off a duck's back :D

My son (whos account I mind midweek :)) is running out of reliable friends with whom to exchange gifts.
    By the time he reaches Lvl 39, most of the reliables will be bested.
    We're looking for 5 new friends who would interested in regularly exchanging. I'd say we open twice as many gifts as we send, but we do open whatever we get every day.
    Ideally someone else looking to put on a lot of XP in the next 4 months.
    I'm posting here because most of the trainer codes we pick up off the other thread or the internet become dormant after 10-20 gifts.
    Please PM me if you're interested.
    Tx.

0/4 Rayquaza catches for me. :( Close to rage deleting the app right now.

EDIT: Make that 0/5. FFS. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Been there with Latios Latias Groudon Lugia Ho-oh etc try again it's on until Monday at 9pm I'll be out trying after 4pm as hopefully the weather is cleared up by then

Is Rayquaza an easy beat but a difficult catch?
    How many balls are you getting?

Went 2 for 3. Didn't get as many done as I hoped, probably gonna go to Dublin on Monday again to try a few more.

Didn't get out after all am gonna try get out tomorrow at some point might bring my switch and see if anyone needs a meltan box

josip wrote: »
    Is Rayquaza an easy beat but a difficult catch?
    How many balls are you getting?
    I found it easy beat and easy catch. I've done multiple excellent in free form (i.e. instead of waiting for an attack animation and throw towards the end of it simply spin the ball and throw it as the circle shrinks) as Rayquaza don't do a whole lot of attacking and the up/down move is not very big either. I went 8/9 on my two accounts today with usually around 12 to 14 balls. Dialga is way more annoying with it's movement and attack cycles (I've had Dialga chain 3 attacks in a row for example).

Dialga has been a bit of a pain to deal with, I find it to be very aggressive and jumpy.

• Advertisement

Dialga has been a bit of a pain to deal with, I find it to be very aggressive and jumpy.

Agreed, I usually throw on attack, but that's a waste of balls when he's double/triple attacking.
    Instead I've started throwing as soon as he takes a breather.
    I think all the jumping and attacking takes it out of the poor lad and when he's finished a bout he usually calms down long enough for me to land a ball.

That was nice, I was awake at 2am last night when a Murkrow appeared outside my house. Tapped on it, shiny :D

That was nice, I was awake at 2am last night when a Murkrow appeared outside my house. Tapped on it, shiny :D
    Not sure what's been going on but I've had a very lucky streak on shinies in the last few weeks I've picked up shiny:
    • Poochyena
    • Shuppet
    • Swablu
    • Mankey
    • Machop (first Machop I saw after the event started)
    • Krabby
    • Makuhita (second one)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,896 ✭✭✭✭phog

Don't know if this has been mentioned before or how many know (it's relatively new to me) but you can filter your Pokemon by Hatched and it will list all Pokemon that you have that were hatched.

Hatch & Shiny will show all Pokemon you hatched that were shiny.

Are there any shiny in today's event 9pm start I think

Are there any shiny in today's event 9pm start I think
    I don't think any were announced, but that doesn't mean they won't sneak one in.

American clocks went forward already so I think this starts at 8 oddish rumoured to be shiny as it's the place holder for the event.

3pm start time on Saturday for community day not sure what parks stay open till 6pm at the moment will be a weird change wish they'd gone with 1pm for start time.

Apparently Solrock and Lunatone can be shiny now.

Apparently Solrock and Lunatone can be shiny now.
    And very unimpressive at that; the only difference on Lunatone is going form blue to red eyes while Solrock becomes a bit redder only with same eye color change :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Nody wrote: »
    And very unimpressive at that; the only difference on Lunatone is going form blue to red eyes while Solrock becomes a bit redder only with same eye color change :/

Will we get another Equinox event when they change back later in the year? Increased spawns during an event is the only real hope of the shiny with these two, very rare otherwise. Seems unfair if both regions don’t get a fair crack at the two shinies.
    Luckily I managed a shiny Lunatone within first five seen after the event started!

Advertisement