Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

AMGer wrote: »
    Will we get another Equinox event when they change back later in the year? Increased spawns during an event is the only real hope of the shiny with these two, very rare otherwise. Seems unfair if both regions don’t get a fair crack at the two shinies.
    Luckily I managed a shiny Lunatone within first five seen after the event started!
    It's a pretty fair guess simply because they did it last year and they tend to recycle events. It's also a nice way to give new players a chance to get "the other one" but I can't really figure out why the swap is not the other way around (we're going into summer and get Moonstone rather than Sunstone).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Community day time change things start at 3pm tomorrow not 10am

https://p337.info/pokemongo/countdowns/?id=treeko-community-day

Lotad day next Saturday shiny lotad and shiny normal castform from research looks like it's a good event span too 11am until 8pm

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Aw I'm so jealous, I really want shiny lunatone, him and solrock are actually two I quite like! The changes aren't massive but they're definitely visible. But they're not very useful so meh.

Excited for Lotad, Ludicolo has always been one of my favourite shinies! I have a friend visiting that weekend so I'll have to apologise :pac: Hoping that them extending it just means more chances to get the shinies rather than a reduction in the frequency, Clamperl day was quite nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Did fairly well, 13 shinies in all, and got a few raids done at EX gyms too.

• Advertisement

Got one shiny on two accounts got raids done at war memorial and Oscar Wilde caught one diagla on the same two accounts don't think I'm gonna be able to do Stephens Green again for community day no shiny at all in the two hours I hobbled around there both shines I did get were at the war memorial.

I'll stick to glasnevin and botanic garden for community day it's served me better than the green ever has

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Got one shiny on two accounts got raids done at war memorial and Oscar Wilde caught one diagla on the same two accounts don't think I'm gonna be able to do Stephens Green again for community day no shiny at all in the two hours I hobbled around there both shines I did get were at the war memorial.

I'll stick to glasnevin and botanic garden for community day it's served me better than the green ever has

Yeah, my luck was much higher around Merrion than SSG today.

I still live in a tiny place where nothing spawns. :( Got 6 shinies in total which is bad for me, but good in relative terms. Got one on another account and traded it for something from 2017 and it went lucky so I maxed it. :D Not even super useful, just a novelty.

Egg luck was sh1te. Hatched a load of mareeps and found out the hard way the drifloon is in the 10k pool?! Hatched a bagon and it's not even 80%. :( Got 32 candy for it though, same for the Cranidos I hatched, so it was a good day overall! And as I hatched the 10ks (I had 7 stored), I kept getting more. I have 2 incubated. :)

Hoping we find out about the next one soon and it's something good.

Oh yeah, most of my hatches were fecking awful too.

Hoping for a Bagon day myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Hopefully Bagon or Ralts, I’d quite like either Oddish or Poliwag aswell. Looking forward to Lotad next weekend though, all three shinies in the Lotad line look great IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Lotad day next Saturday shiny lotad and shiny normal castform from research looks like it's a good event span too 11am until 8pm

I hope its more a clamperl day than feebas with the rates, will probably still only get 2-3 hours done, but its good to have a wider timeframe so gives people options.

I'll do three or four hours maybe spread out though
    There are two Pokemon to chase Lotad and Normal castform

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Looks like this research task event is possibly here to stay , this is the 3rd in a row the week after community day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Rooy wrote: »
    Looks like this research task event is possibly here to stay , this is the 3rd in a row the week after community day.
    You mean the Equinox grass event? It's ending in about 27.5h. You can find all announced and events here.

Think he meant limited research, which is true. It always catches me off guard when they announce them though!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I did OK on Saturday. Was working so missing first half. Caught 75 treeKo, only 3 of which were shiny. Probably should have just walked more and shiny checked rather than caught. But I got enough candy to evolve 5 sceptile with frenzy plant. Which was my main aim. The egg hatch bonus didn’t really help me as I had 9 eggs in incubators from the day before. (The 10km pool is painful at this point, hatched 6 this week, at least I got a Cranidos with candy, need to start walking it)

With the increased grass spawns I’ve actually got over 200 Lotad candy so I’m in a good spot for this Saturday. Working again so only going to get 2 hours in before work.

I mostly work weekends so community is always a bust for me. I think 2 hours on totodile day was my best showing.

455/463

AMGer wrote: »
    Hopefully Bagon or Ralts, I’d quite like either Oddish or Poliwag aswell. Looking forward to Lotad next weekend though, all three shinies in the Lotad line look great IMO
    You got your wish; next community day is Bagon with green shinies 2x capture exp. Most likely Fly as special move.

A community day worth getting out of bed for!

Bagon or we riot Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooo

I predict no riot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,682 ✭✭✭✭josip

I always feel stupid when a community day comes along for something I've previously walked for 3 months to get the candies.

On a different note, the trainer friends from this thread have been great for the regular gifting and thanks to some recent besting of existing friends, I think we can engage daily with another 3 accounts.
    Please PM me if you're interested in an intense 3 months, tx.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

On that note I’m approaching Best friends with Dexhain and Drawnab, so will try to co-ordinate level up for lucky egg.

My college lad has reinstalled the game so might get him to add boards.ie friends.
    It’s been 3 weeks and I’m still explaining all the changes since August 2016!!!

Threw rare candy at Riolu on my daughters account. She is thrilled with Lucario.
    Meanwhile I’ve yet to hatch one on my account that walks the most. Got my 25km bonus egg last Monday, bloody 5km that hatched something forgettable.
    Currently trying to hit 50km in the hope of a riolu in an egg. (Not helped by being off work sick last 2 days) Still need chingling and mantyte from eggs too. Traded for a munchlax and a pachirisu.
    Got 3 more clamperl to evolve (12 candy though!), here’s hoping for Gorebyss on the next one.

I have spare mantyte will be about in a couple of weeks for Bagon day if you're in Stephens Green that day and haven't got one by then that is

Bad couple of days very sick all day today finally got out at 6 to try for lotad only for things to get even worse culminating with main phone smashing while doing my first pokestop damn research task was for a raid too phone still working but I came home soon after ending with 1 shiny castform and two research tasks which I won't get to do now until Monday damn my crappy health issues. :(

Sorry to hear that RobbingBandit, feel better soon!

Managed to get one shiny Lotdad eventually, took several attempts though. And got two shiny Castforms, so overall it was a fairly successful day I guess. My only attempt at an altered form Giratina was a fail, however; bloody thing is so damn jumpy and a nightmare to catch.

Forgot Giratina's new form was out! Excited to do raids for him and Bagon :)

And dw RobbingBandit, I played on and off the whole day but it was barely worth it, you didn't miss a whole lot. Got one shiny, the rates were awful. I also don't know what people were talking about with "castform community day" - they were everywhere, but I still "only" got 4 shinies, they weren't that common. First one was a weather-boosted 80% tho :D

Also on Friday I was walking to the train station and stopped playing cos everything is always the same, and every time I do that a tiny voice in my head is like pssst, what if you miss a shiny? But I just wasn't arsed. Opened it at a church I knew was a gym to check it, absent-mindedly clicked a Shellder while petting a random dog, and the shellder was shiny! :D:D And 80%+ too! Low CP but that can be fixed :P not a bad few days. Got tons of non-shiny lotad backed up to catch but don't wanna waste any pinaps in the run-up to bagon day...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Yoghurt87

There were loads of Castforms here, I caught two shinies. Didn’t see a single Lotad although I hatched one and caught another from a research task.

Managed to get 3 shiny Lotad on each account, the rate was fairly miserable for them though. Got a few Castform on each, and a shiny Sunkern to boot on the main account :D

Ash hat Pikachu photobomb seems to be an April Fools hopefully not but as photos seem to be showing a shiny sprite on screen before encounter I'd say it's bullshirt.

I just got another smergal myself.

Ash hat is live just got 5

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Grooonk

Shiny Swablu on Pokeball plus 🀀

• Advertisement

So glad my visit home coincided with Bagon day, weather boost was unreal!! My usual shiny count in Dublin is 12/13 but yesterday was insane and I got 20 shiny bagon :eek: :eek: At one point, 3 out of a cluster of 4 were shiny!

The weather gave me so many good IV ones, shinies included. Multiple shinies with 80%, one was 89 (kinda low level though), one was really bad IV but when I evolved it (because high CP) the Salamence had over 3200 CP. My pinap berries lasted almost the whole time and I went from around 150 candy (with no good ones to evolve) to over 1600 :D It's a grind for sure but given all the time I spend playing with nothing good appearing, I forced myself to power through the 3 hours. Also did 3 Giratina raids with weather boost - barely got any balls (where have all the mystics gone?!) but caught all 3 :) Such a great day.

I'm excited for Latios but I leave Dublin on Thursday, so really I'll only have 2 days to try get a shiny :( I hope there are lots of raids and lots of people doing them.

Advertisement