Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon Go Mark III

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Got to TM my highest CP Mewtwo to Shadow Ball :D:D Tried on another and the game instantly crashed, when it came back the bug was fixed, got lucky

Diemos wrote: »
    I got war memorial too.
    Will be my first Deoxys :D :cool:

Same here. \o/ It better stay in the Pokéball now though, would be very frustrating if it keeps breaking out and flees.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Same here. \o/ It better stay in the Pokéball now though, would be very frustrating if it keeps breaking out and flees.
    It has a very high capture rate; from my limited (4 raids on two accounts) experience I'd say even higher than the previous Mew2 raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Nody wrote: »
    Before the cut over date? Of course; I changed over all spare Mewtwo I had (I'd done more but did not have charged TMs to do so). If you refer to the bug it's already removed so short of someone being in early highly doubt it.

Yesterday, there was about 30-45 minutes of a window where using a charged TM would allow Mewtwo to learn it, the bug to which you refer I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,116 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dragonzord Pokémon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

To date I’ve hatched nearly 7500 eggs - before today only one of those has been shiny (Pichu). This afternoon I hatched back to back shinys!! Shinx followed by Shellder. I cannot believe it, absolutely insane luck!

Got a shiny drifloon earlier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Canard wrote: »
    Got a shiny drifloon earlier :D

Curios to see peoples drifloon numbers, current on about 350ish myself and one shiny. A guy posted on the cork discord server earlier with over 1300 seen. Seems a massive number for something that was only released last week!!!

Can someone give a definitive answer on what time the upcoming Gengar raids will start? 10am or 9am?

• Advertisement

syboit wrote: »
    Curios to see peoples drifloon numbers, current on about 350ish myself and one shiny. A guy posted on the cork discord server earlier with over 1300 seen. Seems a massive number for something that was only released last week!!!

I've seen 128, caught 92, which is already up a good bit from yesterday with how common it is - guess I was lucky! But god, 1300 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Can someone give a definitive answer on what time the upcoming Gengar raids will start? 10am or 9am?

10am

https://p337.info/pokemongo/countdowns/index.php?id=raid-day-gengar

syboit wrote: »

Seen 64, caught 60, 1 shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

Seen 64, caught 60, 1 shiny.

That’s pretty good - the whole shiny thing is messed up really. Took me over 2000 seen to get a shiny Magikarp (2000 after the shiny variant was released), yet I got shiny Luvdisc in less than 10 seen after that was released! I’d love to know what the trigger is for shiny Pokémon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,818 ✭✭✭✭josip

Shiny encounters are completely random.
    All that changes is the likelihood of an encounter.
    I think I read that the base rate for a shiny encounter in the wild is 1/500 or 1/512.
    However on event days and during raids I believe the chances are much better than that, eg Absol I've read is 1/20.
    I suspect that Luvdisc's shiny rate when first released was quite high, I got one also.
    So 4 times the base rate for Magicarp, although very high would not be beyond the bounds of probability.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Bit of a weird one.

I've two friends that I'd been swapping gifts with over the last while. More or less daily gift swaps.

I'm one day away from best friend bonus with both of them.

One of them is level 40 and he hasn't opened my gift for about 2 weeks but I can see he's a daily player.

The other is high Level 39 and he hasn't opened my gift for about 10 days, though has been steadily increasing XP, to the extent that opening my gift now, with an egg on would get him the necessary XP to reach Level 40.

I'm almost 4.5m into Level 40 now myself, and will get there handy enough in the next week or so with other best friends bonuses, but just thought it weird that 2 people would exchange gifts with another trainer for a few months, then stop when 1 away from the best friend bonus.

Only thing I can think is they're Mystic and I'm Valor and they don't want to help me get up to Level 40??

Any thoughts....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Bit of a weird one.

I've two friends that I'd been swapping gifts with over the last while. More or less daily gift swaps.

One of them is level 40 and he hasn't opened my gift for about 2 weeks but I can see he's a daily player.

The other is high Level 39 and he hasn't opened my gift for about 10 days, though has been steadily increasing XP, to the extent that opening my gift now, with an egg on would get him the necessary XP to reach Level 40.

I'm almost 4.5m into Level 40 now myself, and will get there handy enough in the next week or so with other best friends bonuses, but just thought it weird that 2 people would exchange gifts with another trainer for a few months, then stop when 1 away from the best friend bonus.

Only thing I can think is they're Mystic and I'm Valor and they don't want to help me get up to Level 40??

Any thoughts....

Probably don't want to open it without contacting you, and giving you a chance to get a lucky egg on? I've a few 1 day away from Ultra friends for that reason.

mcgovern wrote: »
    Probably don't want to open it without contacting you, and giving you a chance to get a lucky egg on? I've a few 1 day away from Ultra friends for that reason.

But I've no idea who they are. I added a few from codes I saw in here, and then another 20 or so from friend codes i came across on twitter, so they've no way of contacting me :D

I'm only friends with 1 person that I know IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭phog

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Bit of a weird one.

Any thoughts....

I have 2 like that too - I'm level 40 so usually let players that I can't contact and who are on a lower level decide when to open the gift - let them get the extra XP.

I've also heard some people talk of waiting to open 20 gift for Ultra/Best friends together with a lucky egg or waiting for double XP event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭phog

Any Cork or Dublin players recommend a walking route where I could tag the maximum number of gyms in a 2 to 3 hour window?

I've hit UCD, Templebar Stephen's Green Areas in Dublin already and Patrick St in Cork

phog wrote: »
    I have 2 like that too - I'm level 40 so usually let players that I can't contact and who are on a lower level decide when to open the gift - let them get the extra XP.

I've also heard some people talk of waiting to open 20 gift for Ultra/Best friends together with a lucky egg or waiting for double XP event.

Maybe one of them is me! :D

I can't open a gift from them as they haven't sent me one, and I can't send them a gift cos they have unopened ones waiting to be opened.

So if one of them is a murphy, send them a gift :D

Sent you a gift today CJM we are 3 days from ultra friend 2 if you open todays gift

0wenxiii is mine if you want to set the egg timer for 10am on Saturday to get the bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Seen 126, 0 shinies.
    Not playing too often.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sent you a gift today CJM we are 3 days from ultra friend 2 if you open todays gift

0wenxiii is mine if you want to set the egg timer for 10am on Saturday to get the bonus

Oh, did you get an EX pass for the raids on the 7th? If not, I could invite you to Garden of Remembrance, it has a raid at 5:30pm.

Angron wrote: »
    Oh, did you get an EX pass for the raids on the 7th? If not, I could invite you to Garden of Remembrance, it has a raid at 5:30pm.

No I haven't been able to get to too many EX raids or the gyms that are EX applicable, I'll be in Forbidden Planet at that time queuing for a signing by a comic artist thanks for the offer.though maybe next time

Funnily enough I caught a shiny duskull on Parnell Square this evening low 30s CP but it's my only shiny from the event so I'm chuffed to have gotten one at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

phog wrote: »
    Any Cork or Dublin players recommend a walking route where I could tag the maximum number of gyms in a 2 to 3 hour window?

I've hit UCD, Templebar Stephen's Green Areas in Dublin already and Patrick St in Cork

This for gengar day? The route around Cork you can hit around 30-35 gyms, its almost in a line, for previous raid days we had groups going from one side of city (michael collins bridge), and shakey bridge at other. Both groups would usually meet in middle around courthouse, I can see if I can find the route from the facebook page.

Dublin start in Stephens Green up to Merrion Square across to Trinity College over through temple bar over the ha'penny bridge up O'Connell Street and into the garden of rememberance is the usual route I'd say 25 gyms at least in that maybe more with at least 5 EX triggerable gyms too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I got 30+ on one of my days. Started in SSG, finished up past Blessington Street, and hit a bunch of EX gyms.

Advertisement