Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live TV games

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Whatever about hurling being more entertaining than football, and being worth more money, the current deal should never have stood after the two championships we're restructured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Brian017

Whatever about hurling being more entertaining than football, and being worth more money, the current deal should never have stood after the two championships we're restructured.

Every man and his dog realises that, except the GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

It must be fair windy down in Cusack park :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I hope there wasn’t any state secret on that page that went flying a few minutes ago. Could RTÉ not shell out for a commentary position with a screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭threeball

Camera work in Walsh park is dire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

heaps of games televised this weekend

On Saturday
    Joe McDonagh Cup
    Antrim v Westmeath 2pm on GAANOW
    Kerry v Laois 3pm on GAANOW

Ulster GAA Football Senior Championship- Semi-Final
    Tyrone v Donegal 5pm on RTE | BBC

Munster GAA Hurling Senior Championship
    Cork v Waterford 7pm on Sky Sports

On Sunday
    Leinster GAA Hurling Senior Championship
    Kilkenny v Galway 2pm on RTE
    Munster GAA Hurling Senior Championship
    Limerick v Clare 4pm on RTE
    Ulster GAA Football Senior Championship - Semi-Final Replay
    Armagh v Cavan at 7pm (delayed) on BBC 2

The GAANOW service/ portal or whatever you'd call it is actually not all that bad.
    Seems to have highlights of every game from last weekend, although they only show scores and not important incidents i.e. players getting black/ red cards (or yellows leading to reds) which change the course of a game.
    https://www.gaa.ie/gaa-now/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Comórtas Peile na Gaeltachta on TG4 this weekend

Bhí daoine airithe ag tabhairt amach faoi imreoirí agus báinisteoirí gan Gaeilige. Is deacair a creidúint nach raibh peilidoirí on Gaeltacht abaltá an Gaeilige á labhairt!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Noddy86

Would anyone know a decent pub in Dublin city centre that will be showing the Cork v Waterford game saturday evening with sound and a big screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Noddy86 wrote: »
    Would anyone know a decent pub in Dublin city centre that will be showing the Cork v Waterford game saturday evening with sound and a big screen?

Sinnotts possibly.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Is GAA NOW a YouTube channel?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Is GAA NOW a YouTube channel?

Its part of the GAA.ie website. Great to be able to see McDonagh coverage, the Offaly v Antrim game last week was great stuff

Its part of the GAA.ie website. Great to be able to see McDonagh coverage, the Offaly v Antrim game last week was great stuff

Ok, what's the handiest way to get in on a TV?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Sorry, can't help you with that, my expertise only stretches to getting it on the laptop and connecting it to the TV via a scart lead

Sorry, can't help you with that, my expertise only stretches to getting it on the laptop and connecting it to the TV via a scart lead

Cheers, haven't used a laptop in years. Would be handy if they just streamed it on YouTube.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Might work if you just cast the phone (if it's Android) to the TV and going fullscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Is the Cork match definitely on Sky tonight? I can’t see it listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Is the Cork match definitely on Sky tonight? I can’t see it listed.

channel 408 on the sky box , sky sports arena i think the channel is called

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

It's actually painful listening to Joe Brolly and Colm O'Rourke on RTE and I feel bad for Joanna Cantwell having to manage them. Especially when she's actually calling out the nonsense and making some great points, a role she shouldn't have to take on.

Guess I'll watch something else until the BBC's coverage starts and watch it on that instead.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Tyrone versus Donegal is live on RTÉ 2 and BBC Two. Highlights of both games on The Sunday Game on RTÉ2 at 9.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

brolly is a complete dose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Can Brolley not shut the fcuk up for 30 seconds

Never minded Brolly too much but he's ramped it up a notch this year. He's just a very rude man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Never minded Brolly too much but he's ramped it up a notch this year. He's just a very rude man.

With how important and big this game is they spent five minutes getting very heated and hot under the collar over..... "who is the best player in the last few years" I mean ffs who cares. That's not a 8pm after two pints talk in a pub that's a 3am 10 double vodka and red bull talk. No one cares. It's not important in the general scheme of things. Even from a Galway poster his love in with Corofin is embarrassing. It's all bluster with very little actual analysis. I would have no qualms if they were both removed in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,884 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Watched on BBC, good solid analysis from McConville and Martin Clarke, without any of the juvenile theatrics we get from Brolly and co

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

How many times did he mention Dublin this evening alone

Who's the northern panelist on the Sunday Game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Who's the northern panelist on the Sunday Game?

Neil McManus, Antrim Hurler

Is Loughnane gone from RTÉ?

Is Loughnane gone from RTÉ?

Yep, retired last year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Yep, retired last year.

I'd missed that altogether. Was talking to the Mrs about him there and realised I hadn't seen him this year.

Advertisement