Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

April security update downloading at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

Does anyone elses phone when on lockscreen display the time every so often without the phone being touched or moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

May Security Update pushed down today fyi (84 Mb)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

May Security Update pushed down today fyi (84 Mb)

Yep got it. Anybody else notice that google podcasts notification sticks and can't be swiped away now after a while? Only way to get rid of it is to reboot the phone or stop the google app.

Anybody get a screen replacement on this device dropped mine today lot of cracks on screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Pie update popped up on my phone a few minutes ago.
    V3.54E

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Tazzimus wrote: »
    V3.54E

Usually I get mine when others do too, but there is still no sign of it for me.

Usually I get mine when others do too, but there is still no sign of it for me.
    Me neither, however, according to HMD/Nokia the current 7Plus version is still 3.51F (May-19).

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates

In other words, the June Update is still pending release...

Tazzimus wrote: »
    V3.54E

Its installing now for me.

Got it now fyi got screen replaced for 160 in cork.

• Advertisement

GBX wrote: »
    Its installing now for me.
    Yep, me too! Attached screenshot of the notification fyi.

Nokia didn't update their Software Updates site either, so won't be treating that as gospel in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Has anybody noticed any slowness in apps that use the internet since the last update.

I am getting way lower performance for surfing, downloads or for online apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Has anybody noticed any slowness in apps that use the internet since the last update.

I am getting way lower performance for surfing, downloads or for online apps.

Mine is definitely slower and back to freezing since the update

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Mine is definitely slower and back to freezing since the update

Mine died today. Screen blank. Any ideas on how to fix it or is it time to bin it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

my charging port completely fecked. its way too loose and wont charge. Tried different cables, different angles etc.And still have freezing issues.

Buying new phone on Monday, Going back to samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭emo72

screen freezing very often since last update. never happened before. kill the screen and reopen and grand. but still....not happy with freezing

emo72 wrote: »
    screen freezing very often since last update. never happened before. kill the screen and reopen and grand. but still....not happy with freezing

Happened mine too for about a week and then the phone died altogether. I'm done with Nokia now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I only get some freezing (1-2 seconds) while I scroll the Facebook app. Everything else seems stable, like WhatsApp, chrome, Instagram etc..

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Happened mine too for about a week and then the phone died altogether. I'm done with Nokia now

sounds like this phone was a complete turkey for a lot of people

no connection to the old Nokia at all really even though the owners HMD global claim to design the phones in Finland.

Nokia were never exactly leaders in touchscreen phones even back in the day. They haven't made even one really good Android phone really.

you're far better off with a Xiaomi phone than a Nokia in terms of value for money and innovation these days.

I now have a Nokia 7 plus for sale if anyone wants to buy it?
    I'm selling it as a Repair or parts phone as charging port knackered and screen freezes every now and then.

Bought a second hand pristine Samsung note 8.

If anyone wants it cheap pm me before I put it up on adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

iggy wrote: »
    I now have a Nokia 7 plus for sale if anyone wants to buy it?
    I'm selling it as a Repair or parts phone as charging port knackered and screen freezes every now and then.

Bought a second hand pristine Samsung note 8.

If anyone wants it cheap pm me before I put it up on adverts.

Why not get it repaired under warranty?

I sent mine back a couple of months ago for ****ty charger connection and distorted speaker during calls. All sorted in a week

I NB had awful trouble with a samung note 2 back 7 times. Broke my heart.. after getting the top phone on the market at the time.

deckie27 wrote: »
    Why not get it repaired under warranty?

I sent mine back a couple of months ago for ****ty charger connection and distorted speaker during calls. All sorted in a week

I NB had awful trouble with a samung note 2 back 7 times. Broke my heart.. after getting the top phone on the market at the time.

Couldn't be bothered to be honest. Just glad I have a phone now that works as it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

glasso wrote: »
    sounds like this phone was a complete turkey for a lot of people

no connection to the old Nokia at all really even though the owners HMD global claim to design the phones in Finland.

Nokia were never exactly leaders in touchscreen phones even back in the day. They haven't made even one really good Android phone really.

you're far better off with a Xiaomi phone than a Nokia in terms of value for money and innovation these days.

I must have been lucky as I can safely say it's the best phone I've ever owned. No issues to speak of.

Ush1 wrote: »
    I must have been lucky as I can safely say it's the best phone I've ever owned. No issues to speak of.

I'm the same. Touch wood - still going strong. Everything about this phone is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

GBX wrote: »
    I'm the same. Touch wood - still going strong. Everything about this phone is great.

Same for me. Can't complain, phone still as fast as the day I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Yeah I can't say I've noticed any issues with mine at all since I got it either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've only got the usb port charging issue which I've a way around. A bit annoying but I'm not bothered yet to get it replaced.

I've only got the usb port charging issue which I've a way around. A bit annoying but I'm not bothered yet to get it replaced.

ballsing up the charging port is schoolboy in terms of phone manufacturing in fairness and is something I wouldn't accept in terms of a high failure rate from something that cost $15 off aliexpress, nevermind a $300+ phone.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

glasso wrote: »
    ballsing up the charging port is schoolboy in terms of phone manufacturing in fairness and is something I wouldn't accept in terms of a high failure rate from something that cost $15 off aliexpress, nevermind a $300+ phone.

It still happens. Even Nokia of old had issues with the charging ports on some phones too. The N900 being an example and that was more than $300 at release.

• Advertisement

It still happens. Even Nokia of old had issues with the charging ports on some phones too. The N900 being an example and that was more than $300 at release.

but that (N900) was 10 years ago - even less forgivable now with 10 years phone manufacturing further on.

as I said basically HMD / New Nokia have not really released anything reallyy compelling from an overall price/feature standpoint in terms of a phone to capture much market share.

Their segment positioning is really bad.

They are not high-end (Samsung) or mid-high-end (One Plus) and they are not value-low or value-mid like Xiaomi so it's the classic nowhere segment that you know if you ever studied business strategy which is a road-to-doom.

their future is not bright on the Android handset scene.

Advertisement